TUFC 'Directors'

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
NorfolkGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Nicky Wroe

Post by NorfolkGull »

I cannot stand you brucie. You are an attention seeking moron and if you think you can count yourself in that 'die hard fan base of 2000' that my friend is what is laughable, not the fact that you seem to think Thea has destroyed that.
Being a youngish Torquay fan (22 years old) what Thea has done has to be the most generous and gracious act to Torquay United FC that I have been alive to witness. Don't you dare try and put the blame on her and blame her for our demise. The only thing she can be blamed for is saving our club. The club I have always supported since my dad took me to my first game.

Thea is one of the kindest people in this country and having slime balls like yourself questioning her, is low. Even, dare I say it, for a spineless character such as yourself brucie.

You're pathetic brucie, God damn pathetic.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Don't disagree at all with what Baygull says. Action should have been taken sooner. It is the personal insults about Thea from the usual suspect that trouble me.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Tired and disappointed with some of the vile being said here and on BTPIR. Desperate times I know and it seems like merse often knows things before others but that said it does not give people the right to direct this frustration and anger at targets who have only had the best wishes for the club as their priority.
Thea has been thrown into Chairperson by those who continue to cower in the shadows and is now being hung out to dry because of this. Where the hell do you think this club would be without her's and her families financial support?
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Norfolkgull - You don't even know me. Thea Bristow could be Mother Theresa for all I know but it doesn't excuse the catastrophic mess that we are in now.
Noone is arguing that she has put alot of cash into the club - due to her slice of good fortune with the lottery win she was in a position to do so.
She may well have had no help from the board - I am not party to what goes on in the boardroom but its pretty clear that Mrs Bristow has made a hash of running the club.
For example:

Not engaging the services of a proficient person to run the club (when she has openly admitted that she didn't have a clue what she was doing)
Knill and Hargreaves - awful managerial appointments
Large contracts to a whole host of crap players, Hawley,Tonge etc etc etc
Built a new stand which now seems likely to be the biggest white elephant going.
Appointing Kelvin Thomas who appears to have been a total waste of space.
Destroyed the fan base.
But according to you she is entirely blameless because she is "one of the kindest people in the country" - I am actually interested as to who you think is culpable for the mess we are in.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

brucie wrote:Norfolkgull - You don't even know me. Thea Bristow could be Mother Theresa for all I know but it doesn't excuse the catastrophic mess that we are in now.
Noone is arguing that she has put alot of cash into the club - due to her slice of good fortune with the lottery win she was in a position to do so.
She may well have had no help from the board - I am not party to what goes on in the boardroom but its pretty clear that Mrs Bristow has made a hash of running the club.
For example:

Not engaging the services of a proficient person to run the club (when she has openly admitted that she didn't have a clue what she was doing) - Pushed into this position by those who prefer the shadows and to spend her money rather dip their hands into their own pockets.

Knill and Hargreaves - awful managerial appointments - Both wanted the majority of the fans at the time??

Large contracts to a whole host of crap players, Hawley,Tonge etc etc etc - Providing the support the first manager appointed demanded. Not her decisions but his???

Built a new stand which now seems likely to be the biggest white elephant going. - Stand written off by Heath and Safety. Perhaps leaving it empty was better was it?? Best asset the club currently has.

Appointing Kelvin Thomas who appears to have been a total waste of space. - On what evidence? Another wild accusation.

Destroyed the fan base. - How so? By keeping the club alive??!! Worst argument I have ever seen!

I am actually interested as to who you think is culpable for the mess we are in. - The Mangers (Ling, Knill and Hargreaves), the Players, the board and us fans - we all have apart to play in this
TUST member 328
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Us fans?

So I am to blame?

What exactly is it that I have done that has caused this?
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

Jerry wrote:Us fans?

So I am to blame?

What exactly is it that I have done that has caused this?
There is a large collective of us fans who have been a poisioness presence around the club which only has a negative effect on moral and performance and adds weight to the downward spiral. Whether individuals belong to this group or not is not known by me so do not take it personally.
TUST member 328
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

So you are saying that one of the reasons that the club is at its lowest ebb in 100 years is because a few fans shout abuse at the players?

This happens at every ground in the country, usually to a much greater extent than at Plainmoor. Can you imagine any other clubs fans applauding the side off after the season we have just had?

I refuse to accept that the supporters who have paid their hard earned money all season to watch utter tripe are to blame for the state of the club.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Might be better if the blaming stopped. Our club is at at crisis point and all we seem to be doing is spear throwing and insulting. I suggest that everybody gets behind TUST now, it is probably our only hope. Unless you think the board will out their hands in their pockets, in which case a trip to the chemist is needed.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Jerry - you are wasting your breath. It is clealy the fans fault we lost 5-1 at home to Braintree.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

brucie wrote:Jerry - you are wasting your breath. It is clealy the fans fault we lost 5-1 at home to Braintree.

There you go, no solutions. Just criticism and blaming. Glad I never worked for you.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

Jerry wrote:So you are saying that one of the reasons that the club is at its lowest ebb in 100 years is because a few fans shout abuse at the players?

This happens at every ground in the country, usually to a much greater extent than at Plainmoor. Can you imagine any other clubs fans applauding the side off after the season we have just had?

I refuse to accept that the supporters who have paid their hard earned money all season to watch utter tripe are to blame for the state of the club.
Go ahead
Attachments
ignorance.jpg
ignorance.jpg (13.66 KiB) Viewed 666 times
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Aah the Twitter generation.

Why bother using words to defend your spurious argument when a "clever" picture can be used instead.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree Rich, you clearly feel that Plainmoor is a seething pit of animosity where the countries low-life gather to howl abuse at the players, whereas my experience is of a far more genteel nature.
Mattpuma
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by Mattpuma »

Maybe if the Club actually communicated with the fans there wouldn't be this situation.
Tust member 191
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

BayGull wrote:I am one of the first people to 'take my hat off' to Mrs Bristow for the way she took on her late husband's mantle (which has become somewhat of a millstone to her now), because, as she openly admitted, TUFC was his venture and not hers, but she wanted to carry on his legacy.

HOWEVER

Mrs Bristow has also openly admitted on many occasions now that she did not know how to run a football club, and none of her fellow 'supportive' Directors obviously have a clue either, so she has to shoulder some of the blame for the current predicament of the club today.
I am not overlooking her generosity in pumping £3million plus into the club coffers, but why oh why did she not seek some advice from someone in the 'football' know before she did is an interesting question.
Turning to this KT was obviously a last resort and must be costing her dearly financially now, not to mention the pressures put on her health & private life, but could/should she not have seeked help & advice from someone in the same vein as KT (who conveniently seemed to become available) before she did?
Numerous names were banded around on this forum (Lee, Warnock etc) some time ago .. I am sure they would have been able to offer help (for a fee!) and just maybe the club would not be in the position that it is now, both on & off the pitch.

This is not an insult aimed at Mrs Bristow - but it just seems to me that as she admitted she know nothing about what she was doing and she had no help from the suits who should have been helping/advising her, just maybe she should have looked outside of her boardroom before things got to the way they are now.
:goodpost: Sums it up perfectly for me.
Formerly known as forevertufc