A positive?.....(something/anything!!!)

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
njgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by njgull »

1. This year's jerseys are reasonably decent looking.
2. The women's team seems to win a lot.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Perhaps the most important positive is that now at rock bottom and nowhere else to go, everyone will now surely stop whingeing about how the state and running of their club is out of their hands and head en masse to join the trust? The trust. The only escape route from the permanent comedy show which also happens to charge patrons the most expensive tickets in the house (league) for the privilege.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Paul Buckle and Colin Lee are available to join the Gulls as Director of Football and Chief Executive respectively.. :)

Oops, I forgot. They will want to be paid.. :-/
IanGull01
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by IanGull01 »

I see the Bowls Club are doing better than the football club!! English Champions!
http://m.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/BOW ... story.html
:clap:
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

You want positives?

We are going to be playing in the same league next season as we are in now.
When new owners take control of the club (whoever they may be) there will be no debt.
With Bristow's Bench we have one of the nicest grounds around. The future of which, thanks to the TUST has been secured as an 'Asset of Community Value'.
We have our own training facilities.
We will this summer lose a massive chunk off of our player wage bill, which at worst means we will not rack up the debt as quickly as we are currently and at best means the manager will be able to make a few quality additions to the mainly young, relatively inexperienced squad we will have left.

Yes, the form isn't great at the moment, in fact it's pretty dire - but take a step back, put on those rose-tinted spectacles and things aren't looking as bad as some (I'm looking at you Brucey boy ;-) ) would have us believe.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

PhilGull wrote:You want positives?

We are going to be playing in the same league next season as we are in now.
When new owners take control of the club (whoever they may be) there will be no debt.
With Bristow's Bench we have one of the nicest grounds around. The future of which, thanks to the TUST has been secured as an 'Asset of Community Value'.
We have our own training facilities.
We will this summer lose a massive chunk off of our player wage bill, which at worst means we will not rack up the debt as quickly as we are currently and at best means the manager will be able to make a few quality additions to the mainly young, relatively inexperienced squad we will have left.

Yes, the form isn't great at the moment, in fact it's pretty dire - but take a step back, put on those rose-tinted spectacles and things aren't looking as bad as some (I'm looking at you Brucey boy ;-) ) would have us believe.
:goodpost:

And totally agree!
TUST MEMBER
goodluckgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by goodluckgull »

Angus is back in light training today
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

stefano wrote: Would depend on day and time. If a Saturday afternoon I would have been playing. If one of our Saturday evening kick offs or midweek I would have been there.

I do clearly remember that we beat Barrow away that season back in October. I was playing at Plainmoor that afternoon and was pleased to hear over the tannoy 10 minutes into the 2nd half we were 1-0 up at half-time (no instant news in those days!), and was delighted to go in at the end to find we had won 4-0. We had also just beaten the Western League champions of that season Glastonbury 2-0 so a good day all round at Planet Plainmoor.

Has it really all been downhill since then?!!!!! ;-)
Totally off topic but us old gits are well known for that. Isn't that right, Stefano? I wasn't convinced that we beat anyone away 4 - 0, even in the sixties but on checking my 'Bible' (The Torquay United Centenary Book) you are quite right, Stefano - your memory pills must be better than mine. Goals from Fred Binney (2) John Rudge and Bill Glozier. Has it really all been downhill since then ? Well, when we last played Barrow in that 1 -1 draw, the gate was 5218. We'll be lucky to reach a quarter of that on Saturday - that indicates how far downhill we've come. :(