Ex-Gull watch

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Probably not THE David Graham but I see David Graham is to reprise his original role as Parker in the forthcoming new series of Thunderbirds Are Go on ITV.
Spot the strings!
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

AustrianAndyGull wrote:Shaq Coulthirst bagging Saafend's last minute penalty winner against the Minstermen on saturday. He did really well, no arguments about the penno although York miles the better side. Sadly goals win games and not necessarily good performances but very happy with what the players were trying to achieve. Coulthirst could really do with settling permanently somewhere, at least league 1 as he has the quality now and also the potential to go higher. I just feel that he will be another one of those lost players 'owned' by a Premier League club who just basically wastes their formative years being shipped out to every tom dick and harry before finally being released and ending up at somewhere like Exeter. He's had 3 clubs on loan already and hasn't yet made his debut for Spurs.
Played for Spurs in the Europa League, can't remember who against - Anzhi or Loko spring to mind
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Brian Saah has gone on loan to Woking.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by tomogull »

....... and whilst we failed to score against the team with the worst defensive record in the league, prolific striker Karl Hawley found the net yet again !!!!!!!!!
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Jerry wrote:Zebroski in trouble again.

http://www.westernmorningnews.co.uk/Ex- ... story.html
Brucie's favourite player is Zebroski. Perhaps Exeter will sign him when Zebroski's criminal proceedings are concluded? That would be a result Brucie.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by nickbrod »

See Coulthirst gone to York today on loan.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

wow. thats unexpected. he was in the Spurs u19 team only 24 hours earlier
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
madgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by madgull »

nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by nickbrod »

Guess What? Michael Poke who's sat on the bench all season at Portsmouth is .....injured! Pompey have signed a Swansea keeper on loan to cover Poke's absence.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by tomogull »

I see that Scott Rendell scored again on Tuesday night. Oh, sorry ....... we all knew that, didn't we ??? :whistle:
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by tomogull »

I see that Mustapha Caryol has gone on loan to Brighton. Good to see that he is at last finding his way towards London ..........
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Not that anyone is particularly bothered but a strange day all round for me today. First of all back at Mansfield to see Stags v Minstermen, the first time I'd been back since I was there to witness Torquay slip out of the football league. It felt odd to be honest. At the same point last season I was enjoying the fancy dress fiesta and the company of some great people despite the inevitability of a Torquay relegation.

This time around I was hoping that lightning didn't strike twice and that York didn't suffer the same fate.

Someone struck twice and that someone was Shaq Coulthirst who had scored in that Torquay game too. In a bizarre twist for me personally given the Gulls link, Bobby Olejnik got a straight red for handling outside the area.

Not content with that, Billy Kee was on the other side. Quiet game though.

All round a bloody weird day and York amazingly managing to score 4 goals!!

Sad to see you lose again today and the incident with Ricey. He's a decent bloke and he knows he is not the best keeper in the world but last season he really did give his all for Torquay and it's just a shame that it has come to this. I wish him and yourselves a speedy reconciliation.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by tomogull »

AustrianAndyGull wrote:Not that anyone is particularly bothered but a strange day all round for me today. First of all back at Mansfield to see Stags v Minstermen, the first time I'd been back since I was there to witness Torquay slip out of the football league. It felt odd to be honest. At the same point last season I was enjoying the fancy dress fiesta and the company of some great people despite the inevitability of a Torquay relegation.

This time around I was hoping that lightning didn't strike twice and that York didn't suffer the same fate.

Someone struck twice and that someone was Shaq Coulthirst who had scored in that Torquay game too. In a bizarre twist for me personally given the Gulls link, Bobby Olejnik got a straight red for handling outside the area.

Not content with that, Billy Kee was on the other side. Quiet game though.

All round a bloody weird day and York amazingly managing to score 4 goals!!

Sad to see you lose again today and the incident with Ricey. He's a decent bloke and he knows he is not the best keeper in the world but last season he really did give his all for Torquay and it's just a shame that it has come to this. I wish him and yourselves a speedy reconciliation.
We always bother about you, Andy ! As Hartlepool look like being resurrected, we shall look forward to your report next season when the Gulls visit Bootham Crescent ....... ;-)
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Awww gee thanks tomo! :) :lol:

Yes, you are right about Hartlepool. They looked dead and buried a couple of months back but will now escape comfortably imo. The good news for you (that's not a piss take after all Torquay fans have been through the past few years :~D ) but the good news for you is that Cheltenham are looking THE team most likely to finish bottom which would give you a relatively near away game next season. York play them on Friday and if we can beat them I reckon that pretty much would finish their resolve at this stage of the season. Trouble is the game is at Bootham Crescent where York have only won twice this season.

The look a poor poor side though.

As bad as York have been this season I'm relatively confident of survival. Comparing them to the Torquay side that went down last season and how Hargreaves managed the team to relegation I can see that York have been given a chance by the board and manager. The board have allowed some great loan signings and the manager too is now prepared to change systems and personnel in order to get results whereas Hargreaves was comfortable hoping for something to happen rather than TRYING to make things happen. Wilcox went 3 at the back v Mansfield with pressing high up and it paid off. Sometimesyou have to take a gamble and a gambler CH isn't. He's a safe pair of hands. Not good when gambles were needed to try and retain league football.

Anyway I digress again.

I think Cheltenham will drop as my banker and I think York will just scrape away although if York went down then fine. I know that the summer will be spent by the club trying desperately to retain supporters instead of shutting up shop and putting up a sign that would read 'back in 3 months'.

Tranmere have looked shockingly bad so its between them and one team who could go on a bad run, maybe Mansfield? Oxford even? Carlisle I think just have enough but it's intruiging.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.