FA Trophy

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

Sorry-yes,the year before but money would have included in 2013/14 accounts.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

WYGull wrote: Has the Lincoln game been rearranged then? Still down as next Tuesday on TUFC, Lincoln and BBC sites.
Herald stated today we will rearrange our game, wrexham are too
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

PlainmoorRoar wrote:
If you're basing that on the poorly worded footnote at the below link, I think what they are saying is that the Tuesday fixtures for both clubs will be going ahead. i.e. having previously been rearranged. Unless you've read something else?

http://m.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/TOR ... story.html

Edit: Also, club website is advertising a Pie, Pudding, Pint deal for Tuesday night's clash v Lincoln. Game on.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Rjc70 wrote: If you're basing that on the poorly worded footnote at the below link, I think what they are saying is that the Tuesday fixtures for both clubs will be going ahead. i.e. having previously been rearranged. Unless you've read something else?

http://m.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/TOR ... story.html

Edit: Also, club website is advertising a Pie, Pudding, Pint deal for Tuesday night's clash v Lincoln. Game on.
Yeah, think i read that how i wanted it to be!

Very strange as i did think that the conference were okay with it being changed, maybe we don't want a crazy March!

PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

You can buy the ticket for the final already!

Early Bird tickets are cheap and can be brought up to March 4th - when we know if we will be in the final or not!

Adult - £20
OAP/ student - £10
Kids - £7.50

http://ticketing.thefa.com/

lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

No match day thread for Wrexham or indeed any forum activity is strange. Is there a problem with the forum
Lucy
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

No, no problem Luce. Apart from the total apathy that was shown at the tufc exhibition launch, the apathy that was the tust which is struggling to find one man and his whippet, the apathy that is this forum and the ordinaryness that doubtless will be the answers to the Lincoln city bod wanting to find out something interesting and quirky about Torquay united. Oh and the sad voice in the dark calling me a knobhead. The club is on it's way out so either make an effort or go and support someone else. I've done the latter because, although I'm not mystic Meg, I can sense when it's time to bail out on a lost cause. Make an effort or don't, I'm sure Brucie will quickly find summat else to moan about. He's happy to pay for his ticket, do little else and moan when a 6 nil win doesn't come his way but he's paid for his ticket so has a right to vent yes? No. Do something proactive for tufc now or see the club go under. Kelvin is a step forward and why? Because he engages with the fans unlike those cretins before him who pissed around probably playing golf and telling anyone who'd listen that they ran a football club. Yeah, into the ground. Cheers tossers. Get control of YOUR football club now or go under.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

lucy6lucy wrote:No match day thread for Wrexham or indeed any forum activity is strange. Is there a problem with the forum
I thought that, oh dear.

I would say from my point of view Im not posting much at the moment due to other reasons, nothing to do with TUFC, and as I cant get to matches as well at the moment, well probably for the rest of the season although I will try Wembley if we get there if I can persuade someone to chaperone me in my condition lol

I think this semi final is 50/50, and will depend on a bit of luck, decisions going our way and playing out of our skin.
TUST MEMBER
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

AustrianAndyGull wrote:No, no problem Luce. Apart from the total apathy that was shown at the tufc exhibition launch, the apathy that was the tust which is struggling to find one man and his whippet, the apathy that is this forum and the ordinaryness that doubtless will be the answers to the Lincoln city bod wanting to find out something interesting and quirky about Torquay united. Oh and the sad voice in the dark calling me a knobhead. The club is on it's way out so either make an effort or go and support someone else. I've done the latter because, although I'm not mystic Meg, I can sense when it's time to bail out on a lost cause. Make an effort or don't, I'm sure Brucie will quickly find summat else to moan about. He's happy to pay for his ticket, do little else and moan when a 6 nil win doesn't come his way but he's paid for his ticket so has a right to vent yes? No. Do something proactive for tufc now or see the club go under. Kelvin is a step forward and why? Because he engages with the fans unlike those cretins before him who pissed around probably playing golf and telling anyone who'd listen that they ran a football club. Yeah, into the ground. Cheers tossers. Get control of YOUR football club now or go under.
Andy, I don't rise to bait on the internet, but I will make an exception for you today. I apologise if it comes across as a personal attack, but it is more against people of your ilk than you personally.

Your posts are a welcome contribution to the board, all posts are, but just because you've accumulated 10,000+ posts don't go thinking you have the right to criticise those who have better things to do that sit on the internet posting about Torquay United. Football is a release but it is not everything.

You criticise the lack of attendance at the TUFC exhibition launch, please note the capitalised acronym, but what do you expect when it is held at 11am on a Monday? Do you have a job Andy - would you take a morning off work to go to a museum exhibition opening? No. This is no criticism of the Museum - when else can they get the manager and some of the squad to attend, indeed I intend to visit next weekend when I come down for the second leg.

I will endeavour to give Vital Lincoln City the most ordinary answers I can muster and will make a mental note to be sitting in the sunshine when I tell them that you are a 'knobhead'. =D

Moving on to the next topic I take issue with in your above post "Make an effort or go and support someone else." I had a friend who supported Lincoln City up to the day they were relegated and he changed allegiances to Tottenham. This man has no respect from any of our friend group - how can we respect a man who drops his allegiances at the drop of a hat? He is a joke.
What do your friends, colleagues think about you ditching Torquay for York? Bafflement, most likely. Granted an extreme example but I don't agree politically with Mr Cameron but you don't see me handing in my passport and moving elsewhere. Your club is your club whether you're promoted or relegated, playing at Hemel Hempstead, or Hull (all those years ago), whether you like the bloke running up the left wing or whether you're longing for the return of a Carlisle like figure, whether you inherited it from your parents or you were a local lad. For this reason I will never respect you.

Now you can call the current board 'tossers' all you want, 'cretins' even, and I know other forum posters agree with you and take issue with TUFC Board Members but, when Thea does sell the club and the board is replaced we should all thank them regardless, because they were prepared to take up the roles in the first place. I do however agree with your enthusiasm for Mr Thomas. I was sceptical at first, but I have been impressed with his work recently.

I hope to see you continue to post on the board for that 1% of content worth reading on my lunch break.

COYY

Edited name of the Lincoln City supporters site.
drummergull90
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: O'Kane

Post by drummergull90 »

There is an official thread made by the Wrexham fan. COYY.
OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by OllieGull »

Agree with RussianGull^ I don't understand how someone can change the club they support randomly, Torquay has a lot of reasoning for me to support them and I always will no matter what, once you grow an attachment to a club it's ridiculous to imagine throwing it away to support another team which begs the question did you just randomly pick Torquay out of a hat to support in the first place? Likewise, it would be very interesting to see what would happen should York get relegated or go bust... Anyway, I'm not one for personal attacks either but I don't think it's fair to just abandon the club you support then come back and start saying things like "I'm not mystic meg, but I know when to bail out on a lost cause", this club is far from a lost cause.
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

Does anyone know if this match is going to be available to listen to on a radio channel?

Had a look around and cannot find a link at the moment.

Thanks
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Really enjoy reading All posts, well some I skip but not on an individual basis, usually if the content starts to bore me. In fact I like controversial statements, it livens things up. I don't agree with Andy in that I could swap to another club, I just couldn't, although I do go and watch Basingstoke if Im really really bored and got nout to do as its just down the road.

We should "support" the club as much as we can. Well.... not sure "should" is the right word but to me support means paying money to the club. At my work there are lots of people who so called "support" a football club, do they heck, most of them have never ever been to see Tottenham or Chelsea or whatever other shite overpaid premier club happens to be the in thing, that's not support, its "like". Really winds me up that actually.
TUST MEMBER
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Oh I do enjoy my rants on here :)
TUST MEMBER
A Realist
First Regular
First Regular
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by A Realist »

Gloomy Gull wrote:Does anyone know if this match is going to be available to listen to on a radio channel?

Had a look around and cannot find a link at the moment.

Thanks
Its definitely on Radio Devon. I think in might even be on FM and digital, as well as online as the other two are playing each other just now and will be finished by 3.