FA Trophy Quarter-Final vs. FC United of Manchester

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Ryan Bowman will look forward to playing against FC as he scored two goals against them when Hereford dumped FC out of the FA cup during the 2012/13 season.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

PlainmoorRoar wrote:All depends on the price

Will they stay at the £1 kid and £10 popside adult price?

Just watched Villa vs Bournemouth ( Sunday 2-1 ) in the F.A.Cup, lowest priced Adult non-concession ticket was £10.00. Still only 27,000 attendance. Does this mean that cup matches are no longer popular until the latter stages?
hustgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by hustgull »

wodger of awabia wrote:

Just watched Villa vs Bournemouth ( Sunday 2-1 ) in the F.A.Cup, lowest priced Adult non-concession ticket was £10.00. Still only 27,000 attendance. Does this mean that cup matches are no longer popular until the latter stages?
On the other hand, I paid £7 for a 17-21 ticket (I think adults were priced at £12) to see Southampton play Palace at the weekend in the cup and the 30,000 sold out in under 24 hours!
ethantufcbaker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Dan Sparkes

Post by ethantufcbaker »

i would think £3 for kids and 12 for adults would be fair?
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Make it the same price as Bromley home. £12 bench, £11 family stand, £10 popside, of course FCUM would have to agree, I wasn't planning on going on the 7th keeping some money back for Eastleigh away, but for £10 and coupled with the opponents I will be there, any more and I won't.
Formerly known as forevertufc
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

http://www.fc-utd.co.uk/m_story.php?story_id=5973

Confirmed that it WILL be cheaper than normal to get in for this game.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

brucie wrote:They are two divisions below us - stern test? we couldn't have wished for a better draw surely.
Quite, I mean it's like Chelsea playing at home to some no marks like...... I don't know, Bradford? :S
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Would expect a £ or two to be added to the Bromley game's prices, given that this is a quarter-final. I'd be happy with a maximum price of £15 for the bench, £12 family stand, £10 or £11 popside, a little less for concessions. Likewise one would expect prices to increase somewhat for the semi-finals and final games.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Or, you could say that anything beyond the first round is a bonus. Lets just flood the whole of South Devon with advertising, offer local schools free entry and everyone else a quid each and try and fill the place, in the hope that a few will return for the next League match and pay full price.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Let's hope FC United players will have their mind on their recently announced fixture on May 29 against Benfica to celebrate their first 10 years!
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Sensible pricing. 1000 FC fans will generate each club 6k each
Lucy
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Really good draw IMO and I'm looking forward to already.

I have nothing but respect for FC and what their trying to achieve but I just hope we don't get tit heads from places like Taunton, Tiverton or even worse Torquay doing very bad impressions of Kathy Burke in Harry Enfields show trying to be something their just not.

We have a contingent assemble here at the bus stop every Man U home game. It's embarrasing, "greet topper smashing"
IVB
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Ajala

Post by IVB »

Unfortunatley we do seem to get loons not fans of FC or the team we are playing, pitching up to cause mither. In the past Leeds, Stoke and other tools have pitched up looking for bother then confronted by grandads and grandkids and left bemused why no one wanted any trouble!!!
Should be a great and noisy day from FC with no trouble from our regular fanbase who travel home and away. From what you stated no doubt a few morons will turn up, but we are used to that now, though in no way is this acceptable by Torquay and FC no doubt.
Hope we have a great cup tie and fantastic friendly atmosphere.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... paign=1490
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

Brucie wrote:
They are two divisions below us - stern test? we couldn't have wished for a better draw surely.
our Brucie showing some optimism? fantastic :clap:
TUST member 200 ;-)