Levi Ives

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Belfast Gulls wrote:Was this status posted to support Levi or slate him ?
I've been watching the lad for a long time now & I know what a class act he is .
Genuine question , is there any other youth international's at the academy ?
Levi should be in the first team what I am saying is Hargreaves not playing him because he's not signed.
The boy is just a good player that I think should have been offered a contract months ago the directors should get their fingers out. :keepie:
Belfast Gulls
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: JonathanSmith/Ives

Post by Belfast Gulls »

I agree with you 100 % mate that signing a pro can only help the lad's development , no disrespect to the academy .
I also don't believe £ is an issue to Levi or his father as I know personally his father would only be giving him the best possible advice he could ☺
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

I think the pride of a few TUFC fans has been hurt by Levi's decision to turn down a contract. If he really is as good as people appear to suggest (and whilst he did ok against Aldershot, I'm not sure I saw enough to be convinced he is the Northern Irish Leighton Baines) but if he is that good, then why on earth would he stay with us. First team football or not, if he was picked up by a biggish team - e.g. followed his ex-TUFC youth goalkeeper teammate to Southampton, then that would be far more beneficial to his career than clogging around in the Conference or on the bench.

If he can get a big club, then he would be mad to stay here.
Belfast Gulls
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Belfast Gulls »

Mate trust me sometimes is better to start at a club like Torquay & develop a toughness and education that he probably wouldn't get playing at a bigger club , like I said my lad has joined from Ipswich to rebuild his confidence because quite frankly they destroyed him , he's young and hopefully he'll learn the grass is not always greener on the other side .
He's not a Leighton Baines lol but he's one tough kid ☺
Last edited by Belfast Gulls on 07 Nov 2014, 22:02, edited 1 time in total.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Belfast Gulls wrote:Mate trust me sometimes is better to start at a club like Torquay & develop a toughness and education that he probably wouldn't get playing at a bigger club , like I said my lad has joined from Ipswich to rebuild his confidence because quite frankly they destroyed him , he's young and hopefully he'll learn the grass is not always greener on the other side .
He's not a Leighton Baines lol but he's one tough kid ☺
You talk a lot of sense :keepie:
A lot of supporters have been looking at this subject Levi Ives 18000+
Belfast Gulls
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Belfast Gulls »

Thanks mate really looking forward to getting over sometime for a game ☺
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

I hope you are right.....
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Dutchgull wrote:I hope you are right.....
According to CH in his post match comments, that is the case. So much for hating the club and going back to Ireland.
Lucy