Kidderminster Harriers v Torquay United

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

ferrarilover wrote:This old sh*t again, brilliant. Chris' budget for loanees last season was zero pounds and zero pence. Karl Hawley earned almost £1400/week. Have a guess how deep into the talent cesspool you have to sink before you get to players who cost f*** all.
Criticising Chris for not coming up with the next Ronaldo on a zero budget, on loan, at the club bottom of the Football League, is a bit like giving the short order chef from your local greasy spoon the same conditions and being upset when he doesn't win a Michelin Star.

As to today, it was two teams full of totally useless t**ts, as per. Both their goals were embarrassing for us. One went in at walking pace (although it was from a free kick awarded against Downes, presumably for the heinous crime of being Australian. It can't have been for anything else, because he never got within about 6 foot of their massive striker) and the other involved what must rate as the worst piece of individual defending football has ever witnessed.

Another side who'd get f**king annihilated by anyone with even so much as a modicum of application or talent or even just some f**king effort, but they breezed past us like we weren't even there.

Seabright - 0 - f**king crap. Probably worse than Rice. Decision making terrible. Caught one ball today, and that was only because their striker missed his header. The only positive is that, unlike Rice, when presented with almost two acres of grass to hit, he can hit it rather than punt the ball into the stands.

Tongue - 0 - The worst player ever to pull on a yellow shirt. Embarrassing watching a man who will never be a right back as long as he's got a hole in his arse flounder about and f*** it up at every opportunity.

Downer - 3 - Never fouled their bloke for their second goal, didn't even get near him. Made a couple of last ditch interceptions, but that was mostly because the whole team were poncing about like headless chicken all day.

McDonald - 1 - Same as Downes, but tried to get himself sent off after about 20 minutes by flying into a bloke. Good job the referee was as f**king sh*t as the rest, because he missed it and gave a yellow instead.

Cruise - 0 - Why is this prick still here? Play f**king Ives, who'll spend the rest of his career at Man Utd, not f**king Tom "I haven't got a f**king clue what the f*** I'm doing" Cruise, who'll spend the rest of his career wiping old peoples' arses, if he's lucky.

Cameron - 0 - Worse than useless. Didn't do a thing for the whole time he was on.

Young - 2 - Scores a couple and thinks he's f**king Ronaldo. Shooting from a 40-yarder and getting it nowhere near the goal. Nice one, dickhead.

Richards - 1 - Not as bad as the zeros, but very nearly. Totally ineffective.

Thompson - 5 - Comes out with some credit today, because he was limited not by his own ability, but by the crass lack of talent of others. Blatantly, BLATANTLY put on to run past Nico. Did we get one single ball into the channel for him to run past Nico and onto? Did we f***! Put in a few really neat crosses. Low, powerful, pinning the goalkeeper and turning the defenders. Was there anybody there to finish them off? Was there f***!

Bowman - 0 - If you can believe it, he was worse than he has been for the last few weeks. At least he normally creates a couple of good chance to waste, but he didn't even manage that today.

Yeoman - 0 - Not sure he touched the ball. I know he doesn't get a proper chance in the team, but when it's the same story under about 25 different managers and over the course of 15 years (or whatever), I really can't bring myself to believe that he's the real deal.

Chuck this lot in the bin. 7 losses from 8 now, I think. f**king marvellous lads. Well worth the couple of thousand miles we've travelled to watch you in that time.

Matt.
Enjoyed reading every word!! Very good entertainment! I wasn't there but can imagine it!>
TUST MEMBER
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by MidDevon »

Blimey that was sooooo frustrating but also, I have to say worrying

We started the match with Thompson on the wing, no doubt to give Nicholson a run around and yet despite Kevin still being as slow as snail, we did not bank on possibly the worse performance I have seen from a right back in all my years watching Torquay, Tongue was quite simply shocking, so bad that we could not even hope that Thompson would be set free with any ball out of defence as ,quite simply, Tongue was not going to get a touch as he was turned inside out time and time again.

Downes, who came out of the game with some credibility, found himself playing both right back and central defender at times. It was so difficult for him, he did well in the circumstances

I have to say Rice would have marshalled the defence better and would have been better positioned for both goals.....but as I said earlier rarely do you see a player such out of his depth as Tongue, possibly not since Richards at Alfreton !

Luke Young appears to believing what CH is no doubt telling him week in week out, he's a good player with potential, but not consistent and today was found wanting, especially positionally as Kiddy filled the midfield to keep the ball

I could go on and on, but the fact remains today that confidence in the team is clearly completely shot, the worse problem being simply that the ball was a "hot potato" with players wanting to get rid of it rather than risk making a mistake.....

Today was nothing less than a dark day for the club, rarely have I seen a Torquay team play with such little enthusiasm, confidence or ideas
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

Well. Erm... my daughter had a good time but she is an insanely positive soul. For myself, to put it politely, it was poor. Worse than poor.
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by tufc si »

Agree with MidDevon and Ferrari on the most part. Thought Richards did ok, certainly not half as shite as most of them out there. He was the only one that chased and harried throughout the entire game.

Normally i play Saturdays so dont get to go to many games but went with the folks today as i wasnt playing, said to them on the way out i was quite frankly glad i couldnt watch us all that often as it frustrated me that much. In patches when we did put a decent move together we looked like we did know how to play the game, and i know once we get a bit of a run together we'll be pleasing to watch, but for the minute i just cannot see where that is going to come from!!

Jesus needs to sort something out asap, they need a lift from somewhere, otherwise were going to bumble on like this for the whole season. I havent wanted to admit it to myself and i've seen a few posts on here recently about the conference being our level, and i am starting to slowly think those people could be right.

On a positive note, 14 quid to get in, a decent cottage pie at half-time and buying some wicker baskets from Dunelm did make the day a tad more bereable.
knightmaregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by knightmaregull »

Agree with all the above. Flat lifeless performance by 11 men clearly lacking in confidence until a trademark Downes goal gave some false hope.

Whilst Tonge, Cruise, Pearce and MacDonald all had pretty awful games I do feel sorry for the defence (a) because both Rice and Seabright are jibbering wrecks of nerves whenever the ball goes near them (S did make a great save second half today but otherwise was so lucky not to get tested more and is out of his depth here) and (b) our attackers are absolutely clueless which means constant pressure on the defence.

Young was poor today BUT he ran his socks off and for me was just trying too hard to compensate for the dross around him. Towards the end he gave up passing to teammates who would just lump the ball forward but was hustled off the ball by Kiddys 3 men on him.

Definitely a victory for Nico today - solid and had our wingers in his pocket all afternoon. He & Downes were the only ones my applause was aimed at at the end. Shame Tonge, Cruise &b Pearce didn't pick any of that up from him last season ............
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

However bad we are the plain fact is that we would still be in the play off positions if we had a goalkeeper who could do the job that he is paid for. Its difficult to see how we are ever going to win another game unless we get in a proper keeper. And for anyone who says that it isn't cost effective - well we will soon be playing in front of 800 people the way we are going.
Hargreaves radio interview sounded quite worrying. Apparently we lost two natural wide men in Chapple and Briscoe. If Briscoe is a natural wide man then my arse is a cream cracker. As for Chapple - well he never gets selected anyway so its difficult to see how his loss contributed to defeat.
We have also been "trying Pearce at right back in training".
Why are we doing that? we have just signed Berry so why on earth is Pearce being put there. Having Macdonald who played all last season in that position just makes it look as though the manager has lost the plot.
As for Tonge - well according to Hargreaves Berry was only omitted today because he wasn't registered in time.
We all know that Berry will replace Tonge who knows he is going at the end of the season - so he has obviously wrapped his hand in hoping for a pay off as per Hawley. Useless overpaid tosser, Tonge should never be seen in a Torquay shirt again. The bloke obviously has no pride.
Bowman who scored 19 goals the last time he was in the Conference seems to be good at pissing it up but not at scoring goals.
All in all todays shambles was a disaster - the one thing seemed to be that the players were with the manager but it seems that has changed and Hargreaves has for somne reason lost the dressing room. We have turned into a team of no hopers.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

I hope it will be accepted that I can convey a neutral perspective on the current plight of TUFC without gratuitous infant remarks? Thankyou.

First of all Brucie. I take my hat off mate - you are f*cking hilarious. Not in a sarcastic sense but truly, reading about your arse being a cream cracker is ingenious and is what football forums should be all about. Secondly you omit to mention that the remnants of a shockingly poor Torquay United relegation side with a few new additions on a budget and a manager who is pretty clueless (blatantly obvious to anyone weeks after he took charge) are currently sitting 4 points from a play off spot with a game in hand.

Now if, and that is IF, I was an ardent Gull and taking the whole picture into consideration then I'd be steaming now and then about some inept performances for sure, but I'd also get a firm grip on reality.

Start of the season mid table would have been fine. A play off push attainable perhaps, automatic not a chance in hell. Anyone who harboured hopes of the automatic spot should be avoided as they may be dangerous. CH had a humongous job on his hands even if he were the right man for the job so I think that despite his inexperience and STILL relentless conveyor belt of bizarre decisions he has done a pretty decent job considering.

Now for those of you who travelled to places like Kiddy, Telford and Alfreton and saw a big pile of cack, I fully understand your need to rant about this. Believe me so would I but when you are near the top of the league you can afford to have context.

I still want to know though how the **** Nico managed to score today. The laws of the ex just are predictably sinister.

Look at the bigger picture and if you reach the play offs you'll be wondering why all the fuss.

What has the away support been like this season in terms of numbers and vocals anyway? The back step army still putting in their shifts?

Crazy to turn on the players when you are 4 points off the play offs. If some of these wasters like Cruise actually get their fingers out of their colon then the team will improve and a play off spot will be there for you. If they carry on as they are you'll be comfortably mid table with an outside chance of play offs come the end. As most fans with a brain would have expected.

It's really up to them and CH to rectify a good few years of turmoil both on and off the pitch and there are some players and board members who are completely genuine and want to do the best they can both for the club and for their own personal self respect. Believe in these and forget about the Hawleys, Cruises and Tonges.

Everything is awesome.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP

Post by taxilady »

think we must have signed up for some new amazing energy-saving scheme; just get your team to turn up for the last 6 minutes of the match, put in bags of effort, wake your supporters up & nearly get a point.For nearly 90 minutes there were 10 imposters out there in deep disguise , pretending (some totally unsuccessfully) to be footballers. Thompson excepted, he was there throughout the match, & I think he was probably doing his best. Amazing to see subs put on at half-time rather than at 77 minutes, tells you how bad it was ! The end was pretty good, we even had Seabright up in their box; I would have loved it if he'd scored !!! The back step army is rather small Andy, but still in fine voice (except at Aldershot, we were silenced by DRoss there).Wish we would reach our all-time low, we could then improve again. Still, on to Barnet...
P.S. the soup was good.
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

I'll start with the Aggborough: what an good little stadium, nice stewards, a varied selection for the HT grub and reasonably priced entrance. Free parking on match days? - incredible.

Seabright - not as awful as everyone made out, couldn't have stopped the first goal unless he was superman, the second goal was totally unsighted until the very last second, poor but unfortunate. Fantastic save in the second half and came up in the dying seconds for the final corner. 1st place is his for time being.

Cruise - looks about 30, when he has ground to run in to he's okay, but when he's 1 on 1 he's going to lose the ball 6 times out of 10. Ives is on your heels mate, pull your socks up.

MacD - last ditch block from a Cruise cock up was his best moment of the game. Fairly effective marking of Blisset (who was a head taller than him). Showed the grit and determination this team needs when he slipped but did a John Terry and headed the ball multiple times. Blocked the keepers view for the second goal. But otherwise not too bad.

Downes - Nicos goal should never have been, never a freekick. Played CB and RB to cover Tonge. Again partly to blame for the second goal as he and MacD blocked the vision of the keeper, but both the CBs marked Blisset fairly well, I thought. Got the goal - is he now top goalscorer? Not a great sign.

Tonge - shocking. His leg had strapping of every colour, I don't know if he's not fit but I know he's not currently fit to wear a Torquay shirt. Admittedly, there was one defensive move which earnt applause when he tackled and dribbled around and away from 3 players in our box, otherwise shite and totally anonymous. With this new boy on the books I can't imagine we'll see Tonge for while now.

Cameron - not fit, or if he is fit then he's **** lazy. A couple of one-twos, some good ball control but offered us very little going forward. Before the match he was showing some lovely finishing in the warm up but in game time was totally ineffective. Why wouldn't he run?!

Richards - not the player he was at the beginning of the season but also not really to blame for the shit display today. Confidence must be low as he didn't even bother trying to test the keeper today.

Young - I don't believe what I've read on here today about Young. From the warm up to the final whistle the ultimate pro. Chest out, full of pride - his captaincy style is akin to Nicky Wroe, not the leader on the pitch vocally but through his displays. Luke had a fruitless day today, in the end he gave up on the rest of the team and tried to do it all himself. How he didn't cramp up I do not know, he ran miles today, blocks left right and centre. I'm glad he's a yellow but if I was Youngy I'd be jumping ship at first opportunity.

Thompson - I was surprised to see him in the warm up but the second I did I said to my Dad he's going to start to give Nico the run around. In all he didn't have a bad game, this is probably his opportunity to get game time and a new deal else he will end up at Tivvy. Pace is still there, could do with game time at a level above Bideford though, some good touches and crosses - a shame no one was in the box. Chin up and he should take Camerons place.

Yeoman - wrongfully subbed at half time in my opinion. Crap in the first half, out-muscled often and fell over quite a few times but if he's the best finisher at the club give him 90mins to prove it. To take him off and leave Bowman on, ****!

Bowman - give up. On a par with Tonge. Totally shit, not sure if he made it into the box in a forward move that wasn't a free kick or a corner. Looked like a child jumping up and down when he didn't reach the ball in the second half. Just total shit. I counted about five handballs he can't chest down for shit. I don't want to write any more about him because I'll start attacking the man and not the player.

The subs
Pearce - didn't look interested in the warm up and unsurprisingly this lad isn't a right back. Caught out of position multiple times. Whoever it was that said Pearce should be a forward - were you there yesterday? No chance. I'd imagine Pearce is on a decent wage but I'd prefer it if he were on a decent wage elsewhere.

Ajala - looks weak to me, didn't see him have a shot, couple of good runs but didn't really link up with anyone. Better luck next time Toby.

O'Achie - I'm not sure if it's a case of people playing the balls into the wrong channels or of Duane running into the wrong channels in the first place. Frustrating. Bad foul on him which went unnoticed by the ref but kept calm and didn't retaliate. Good lad. Needs to work on his heading then with Thomspon on the right, Ajala left, Briscoe behind him I can see some goals.

The management - CH may have learnt from the Alfreton game that if something isn't going your way you need to make changes but he got the Yeoman sub wrong. I'd like to see Harding in midfield now please. A bit of height, desire for a first team place, target for corners and a bit of midfield bastardry to free up Youngy. I hear we cocked up the paperwork for Berry... Disappointing as it would have been a different match without Tonge.

The referee - missed a blatant penalty which would have changed the game, mostly kept the cards in his pocket, a couple of bad challenges which went unnoticed.

Nico - congratulations on your goal, your team deserved the victory, you'll always be a TUFC legend.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

The keeper is either poor or unfortunate he can't really be both. Whoever is in goal it seems that we concede cheap goals every match. Its not brain surgery to ascertain that it if the goalkeeper was at fault
for the second goal then we would have come away with a point.
I understand that Seabright made a blinding save in the second half but keepers will always make good saves as well as making mistakes.
Its the issue of making mistakes in every match that is costing us at the moment.
Bowman should be dropped - he has flattered to decieve and shouldn't have an automatic place just be cause Hargreaves seems to want his love child. OArchie should be up front because whilst raw he causes problems for defenders.
I do think Yeoman is destined not to make it,Benyon to me would be the option to play alongside OArchie but seems to have had the longest hamstring injury in living memory - god knows whats happening with him. Briscoe is the other option up front. Courtney needs a rest and its time for Pearce to be given a run in his proper position not at centre forward or right back which is plainly ridiculous.
Major surgery is now needed.
Team for the next match:

Loan Keeper.

Berry-Pearce-Downes-Ives

Thompson-Harding-Young-Chapple

OArchie-Briscoe.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Footballers mm mm. How is it that players like Luke Young just never give up and work their socks off. Just been watching MOTD and Sanchez ( albeit on a different level) is the same. This guy just wants to play, run, tackle, help out where ever. Luke has the same attitude. But they are rare, WHY? Why can't the other players have the same attitude. If CH could get at least 3 or 4 to try as hard it would make all the difference. I'm sure most fans would be a Young or Sanchez, but in the main our squad has got 1 and I don't understand it!
TUST MEMBER
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

Ditto, Neal.
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by MidDevon »

RussianGull

I don't think anyone said Luke Young did not put a shift in. He Did.

But it was a very bad day at the office for him, he was lightweight and ineffective yesterday, essentially snuffed out by (a very effective) Kiddy midfield who totally over-ran us, and like many young enthusiastic footballers, went looking for the ball, and found himself totally out of position. It was the time for Luke to show leadership, encourage, bollock and generally change the players attitude. Leading by example (which granted he sort of did) is sometimes not enough as a captain.

As far as Bowman, well he was Hargreaves "big money capture" in terms of salary , you could see the excitement in Hargreaves face in every interview about him. He has certainly failed to deliver in the last few games, but also have the team have failed to deliver to him?

Good old Ping Pong came on yesterday and started to make things happen yesterday in a way only Ping Pong can.....personally I would stick with Bowman , but keep him alongside this all arms and all legs play-maker.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

The time to scream and shout for me has gone I'm afraid, spent all of last season banging on about how important it was to stay in the football league, the loss of income is suppose to be around £500k per season, the one person we had on the board who could have taken the club in a different direction is no longer there, and whilst I'll never stop thanking Thea and Bristow's, however the rest of them have not got a clue between them and that sadly incudes Thea, whilst it is not her fault.

Why didn't we just give the £100,000 it would have cost to sack Knill, to Alan Knill last summer, I believe Paul Benson would have signed for us instead of ending up at Luton, and Marquis would have been on a season long loan and we might been in a much better place now.

It's to late now, Scott's right, our club is now desperately short of money, we can shout sack the manager, with what, who's going to take the job now, oh but the club searching for a new investor, yer, right, TUFC are now about as attractive as sub-prime debt to any potential investor.

I'll never withdraw my support for the club, will always go to some games, but I'm fast losing heart didn't even bother to check the score until I got home, went to a Devon Premier cup match yesterday between Kingsteignton and Plymouth Mount Gould Fc, game ended 5.4 to Kingsteignton , so not only did I see 9 goals, 2 were penalties, Kings scored with a 25 yard free-kick , saw a red card, free flowing end to end football in a game that not for some first class goalkeeping by both keepers rather than missed chances could have ended 10.10, and all for the entrance price of £1, I left Broadpark with a smile on my face having watched one of the best games I've seen anywhere in a long time. I'm glad we're not home next week, Kings v Ivybridge Town 2nds looks more attractive that going to Torquay right now, although I probably would have gone to Plainmoor.
Formerly known as forevertufc