Ladies sponsorship.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

Pea/Matt PM me the transfer details please, I can't afford much this month but a fiver is better than nowt.
bobby93
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by bobby93 »

I'm just wondering if the recent posts/RTs on Jazz's Twitter account might mean that this is now rendered a fruitless task, at least for her...

Seems as if there's been a bit of a kerfuffle and she has left the team. Two sides to every story I know, but she's obviously upset about the way the departure has evidently come about (via text?)

https://x.com/TwinkyJazz
FINAL ISSUE (#13) & back issues of TUFC fanzine Highway to Hele available now from http://www.highwaytohele.bigcartel.com

Twitter: @highwaytohele
Facebook: facebook.com/highwaytohele
Pea
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Dale Tonge

Post by Pea »

Right all, I come as the bearer of bad news. As Bobby identifies, Jazz has left the team. She has her reasons for doing so, and as Matt and I remain both friends with Jazz and supporters of TULFC, neither of us is going to make any comment about that.

What I can say is that we are enormously grateful for the huge generosity shown by fellow Gulls. That so many of you were so willing to give freely of your hard earned really says a great deal about the human condition.

Matt is presently having a look at his online banking and identifying what, if any, information he will need from those who have already donated in order to process refunds. He's absolutely happy to withdraw cash and hand it over directly if users would rather not give out their bank details. He does ask that, if you wish to take advantage of this offer, that you PM me (not him, he's banned for not being a racist) with your real name and bring with you some sort of ID (it sounds extreme, but it'll save us all a load of heartache if some unscrupulous bastard pulls a fast one). We'll be at the Welling match and can make ourselves available a short while before kick off.

I am sorry this has turned into such a clusterfuck. It's a real shame, because we were doing really well, and, with Russian's fiver, we stood to break the £200 barrier.

For what it's worth, special thanks (I'm REALLY sorry if I miss anybody, I'm going by memory because of Matt's ban) go to (in no special order):

Wonderland
Bobby93
RussianGull
LexusGuy
Ben Currie (Can't remember his username)
TaxiLady
GoodLuck Gull
Brooker
Gulliball
NJGull
Kernow
Behind-the-Gulls and...
Matt's mate Pete (who wouldn't know a computer if he tripped over it, so isn't on the forum)

You're all part of the solution, rather than being part of the problem. You should all be pleased that you have been removed from Matt's "idiot" list - a rare feat.

Please do contact me via PM to arrange your refunds.

Pea.
Pea.
JazzHervin
Trialist
Trialist

Post by JazzHervin »

Hi all,

I would firstly like to take the time to explain the situation and reason for myself not being a part of the TULFC squad anymore.

On 20th July 2014 - I received a text message from Ant Roach (TULFC Stand in Manager), informing me that I was selected for the TULFC Squad for 2014/15 Season.

Like the rest of the selected squad, we then had until the end of July to pay our team registration fee of £30.

I was in the situation where like a lot of the players, I didn't have a player sponsor (Minimum £300). I also knew that I would NOT be able to afford the player subs of £20 per month, for 10 months = £200 for the 2014/15 season with TULFC.

Therefore, to continue playing for TULFC for the season ahead, I knew that my only option was to try my hardest to find a player sponsor that could financially support me for the season.

We ended up in the last week of July and I still didn't have a player sponsor, however with the 2014/15 season not starting until the end of August, I still had time to keep searching.

On the 31st July, there was a pre-season training session for TULFC, which Kev Nicholson delivered. On the day of training, I was text by Ant Roach and told that unless I had my £30 registration fee with me, I wouldn't be allowed to participate in training and he also said I wouldn't be covered by Torquay's insurance. Of course, I didn't have my £30 registration fee, due to not being able to find a player sponsor yet and was therefore unable to train with the squad that evening.

However, even though this was the case, I still turned up to watch everyone train. On my arrival, I was approached by Ant Roach (who was joining in with the session to make the numbers even), who said to me "I'll let you join in for tonight Jazz". Whereas, I received a message from him in the day time informing me that I wasn't allowed to train. Therefore, I turn up to training to watch and not prepared/equipt (clothing etc) to play.

My situation has been: Because I was unable to find a player sponsor who would pay my player fees for the rest of the season, I didn't want to pay my player registration fee until I had this confirmed.
Because if I paid my registration fee, then couldn't find a player sponsor. I wouldn't be able to afford the season myself, which means I wouldn't be able to play because I haven't paid.
Which overall means = My £30 registration fee would be money down the drain and I would be worse off financially than I was to start off with.

I had informed Ant Roach of the situation and there were times when he would tweet and promote what players are still available to be sponsored - But my name was not on the list.
Of course, I then questioned this and he informs me he hasn't included me on the list, because I haven't paid my registration fee.

On Monday 4th August, I receive a text from Ant Roach saying:

"Hi Jaz. Being honest with you, you are no where near the matchday squad at present and I cannot guarantee you selection at the moment even if you was to sign. We have stepped up this season and need fully committed players who can dedicate to training each week and at present i'm not seeing that from you. I appreciate you are busy with other commitments therefore I feel it will be best you sign for another team that can accommodate you as the demands at TULFC are high this season"

From receiving this text there are a few things that don't make sense, these being:

1) If I wasn't "anywhere near the matchday squad" - then why did he select me for the TULFC squad on 20th July 2014?
2) "We need fully committed players dedicated to training each week" - I was told I am not allowed to train, due to not having paid my registration fee yet.

So there we have it. Unfortunately I will not be a player for TULFC for the 2014/15 season as I have been 'Dropped by Ant Roach (The stand in manager), through a text message.'

I thought it was very important that you all knew the full story and facts from beginning to end. However, I would like to make it clear that this post is on no level disrespecting Torquay United as a Club or the TULFC players themselves. It is purely to point out how poor and unprofessional this whole scenario was dealt with by Ant Roach.

I would now like to take the time to thank you all for the fantastic support and kind donations towards my player sponsorship. This is extremely touching and it is a real shame it has had to come to this. I really do apologise for that. I have no doubt that you will all be a fantastic continued support for all Torquay United teams for many seasons to come.

Even though I am no longer part of the club, feel free to keep in touch.

HUGE thank you again everyone,

Keep Up the Great Work,

Many thanks,

Jazz Hervin
Pea
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Dale Tonge

Post by Pea »

I'm going to need people to send me their bank details to I can return the money. As we suspected, the details of the sender are not shown to the recipient. Please PM me (Pea) the details of the account to which you'd like the money paid. If you want cash, you can have cash, but please let us know before Tuesday (we'll be at Welling).
Pea.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Do other players not need a sponsor?
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
BayGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jools Holland

Post by BayGull »

Hi Jazz ..

Sorry to read of your dilemma - however, as soon as I saw the name of Anthony Roach in your posting I knew you were on a hiding to nothing.

Have had dealings with him in the SDFL in the past - say no more!!

Good luck for the future gal - don't give up what you are good at.
frenchgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tommy northcott

Post by frenchgull »

I expect insurance was the reason Jazz was not allowed to train as the subs of twenty quid must include the insurance for injury and compensation.Its a shame that she could not afford five quid a week for something that means so much to her.Do not know her circumstances but five pounds is only a third of what matt spends a week on coffee!. Good luck to her in her life and hope fortunes get better.
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

What kind of a scam was this that I have fallen for?

Touched by Jazz's plight, and impressed by what I saw at Plainmoor when the Ladies played Exeter, I responded very quickly to this call for support and (foolishly) sent a £30 donation directly to ferrarilover as requested.

Totally confused by this "Pea" person - an alter ego?

Have tried to contact both to arrange a refund, as suggested. Only to find they no longer exist. Can anyone explain please????

Torq2u (alias Gullible Graeme)
TUST member 200 ;-)
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP

Post by taxilady »

they both exist ! Pea is not an alter ego; but Matt got 'banned' from this site for a week, so he 'posted' on Pea's account instead (they co-habit, you see!) No idea why you haven't had your refund yet; I got mine in person at a match. Try pm-ing them again perhaps ?
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by taxilady »

Hey, you're right , they've vanished!! I'm seeing them at Dartford, I'll point them in your direction ! Strange 8-o :O :-/ :-/ would any Mod like to explain their whereabouts perhaps ?
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
bengull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by bengull »

Graeme, have spoken to Matt, check your PMs for your route to getting your money back.
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by taxilady »

Welcome back Ben !
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Matt is currently under a 2 week suspension. He will return your donations as soon as his account is activated again. I've been asked to pass on his apologies but your money will be returned asap.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

Thank you Taxilady, Ben and Dave for the explanations! I'll contact Matt and take it from there.

My confidence is restored! So, back to business. COYY!!!
TUST member 200 ;-)