Ex-Gull watch

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

I used to like David Woozley, and played a very good backup to Woods and Taylor. I didn't realise how young he was when he played for us though.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by OllieGull »

Coulthirst has joined Southend on loan for the season, and O'Connor's joined that green team from Cornwall on loan...
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

nicho has signed for kidderminster......... :-o

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28643332
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Alan Connell has re-joined Grimsby where he had a couple of good seasons.
OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by OllieGull »

Was looking at Olejnik's Wikipedia as I saw he wasn't even in the squad for their opening game of League 1. On Wikipedia it says, "Bobby was told that he was not going to be offered a new contract and would be put on the transfer list.", furthermore it goes on to say "Bobby was told he needed to leave Peterborough United because they could no longer afford his wage packet, Bobby has an appearance clause in his contract giving Torquay United £10,000 every time that he completes ten Football League appearances for Posh, up to 100.". I didn't realise this clause was in his transfer and considering he's made 88 apps for Posh in the league that contributes to nearly £80k plus for us...
Pea
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Dale Tonge

Post by Pea »

If it's true.

To those who doubt it when I say that talent will only take you so far and that the rest is down to factors outside your control, I give you this situation. Comfortably good enough to play in the Premier League, he can't get a kick for any team in England. Tell me again how Ajala must be a pub player because he didn't get into the Welling side last year...
Pea.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by tomogull »

Pea wrote:If it's true.

To those who doubt it when I say that talent will only take you so far and that the rest is down to factors outside your control, I give you this situation. Comfortably good enough to play in the Premier League, he can't get a kick for any team in England. Tell me again how Ajala must be a pub player because he didn't get into the Welling side last year...
I'll reply tomorrow night after the match ........ assuming he's picked. :-/
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by tomogull »

One or two interesting bits from last nights matches -
Nicky Wroe sent off for Notts Co. Chris Robertson on subs bench at Port Vale. Bobby Olejnik on loan at Scunthorpe and played, Billy Kee came on as sub - they lost 2 - 0.
Rene Howe came on as sub for Newport ...... for Chris Zebroski. They lost 1 - 0 - nil points for Newport so far.
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

Ian Morris finished for the season with a knee injury. Poor guy.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28865808
TUST member 203
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Scott Rendell scored 4 today. That is more than Benyon and Hawley scored in a season.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by tomogull »

Grimsby score 13 goals in three days but Alan Connell didn't score any of them - ho, ho, ho. He was an unused sub in yesterday's thrashing of Alfreton. Scott Rendell has already scored more than Hawley and Benyon's last season's total of 6 between them ........
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Shamir Goodwin has signed on a season long loan for Rochdale, and all the more confusingly changed his name to Shamir Fenelon

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28987520
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shamir_Fenelon
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by tomogull »

Ashley Hemmings, former loanee, seems to be making an impact at Dagenham/Redbridge but Joss Labadie seems to be used only as a 90 + 3 mins sub ! Jayden Stockley scored two for Cambridge on Sat - why couldn't he do it for us ???
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Alex Russell is a coach at Tranmere.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Saul Halpin now plying his trade in New Zealand!

A great opportunity for him and it just shows you how far football can take you .... quite literally it seems in young Saul's case!!!!

A great shame in some ways considering how he was so highly regarded at one time by so many at TUFC. I always remember Guy Branston telling me in the Gulls Nest once to forget Mark Ellis (naturally!) it was young Saul that would be the one who would make TUFC at lot of money one day. Of course, as we all know it didn't quite work out like that .... and we did at least make £75k on Mark Ellis!

Mind you, according to this article, he is now a Right Back ... so perhaps that is why it didn't happen for him here?

http://www.hbunited.co.nz