Board resignations in the Herald Express

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
yeovilgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by yeovilgull »

Very sad and worrying to see what appeared to be our three most "professional" Directors go at this time. I just there are suitable replacements lined up to help take us forward again.

On the plus side it looks like we may have three more season ticket holders!!

It will be interesting to hear Dave Thomas's take on all this in tomorrow's Podcast.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Is the timing so bad? Earlier on may have been worse, I imagine having them around has been a great help to Thea and the other board members with regards to new sponsorship deals, new kit deals and new player deals. With all the hard summer work done, now is probably an ideal time for them to say their goodbyes.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28672139

"My time at Plainmoor had run its course."

Nothing in there to suggest decisions were taken without all board members present.

The question remains : What triggered the three resignations?
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
bigleigh
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by bigleigh »

yeovilgull wrote:Very sad and worrying to see what appeared to be our three most "professional" Directors go at this time. I just there are suitable replacements lined up to help take us forward again.

On the plus side it looks like we may have three more season ticket holders!!

It will be interesting to hear Dave Thomas's take on all this in tomorrow's Podcast.
Dave is on his hols at the moment and when I text him about it he was as shocked as the rest of us.
BayGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jools Holland

Post by BayGull »

CP Gull wrote: I guess that now leaves Thea, supported by her deputies Bill Phillips and Simon Baker, running the show now then.....
Don't forget Brian "Palky" Palk and Ian "I'll drink you under the table" Hayman - those 2 have been directors longer than anyone else so should be able to run a football club blindfolded!
yeovilgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by yeovilgull »

BayGull wrote: Don't forget Brian "Palky" Palk and Ian "I'll drink you under the table" Hayman - those 2 have been directors longer than anyone else so should be able to run a football club blindfolded!
I sometimes think the club is being run by people who are blindfolded!!

Bigleigh. That's a shame, I was looking forward to what DT had to say about things. Just hope there isn't another Chris Roberts about to inject some money into the club.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

The three guys were at the forefront of things as the 'rescue' package was put together. They deserve every supporters thanks . We are in a much better position now (even despite the last year ) than we ever could have been without their time and enthusiasm. Without them we would be down with Weymouth's and Herefords. They deserve respect and unfortunately it feels that has not been forthcoming from certain people with ego's to parade.
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

Big Rowe fan. He'll be sorely missed.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
Oil Beef Hooked
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Chris Hargreaves
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Oil Beef Hooked »

The OS has made another announcement about this tonight.

http://www.torquayunited.com/news/artic ... 09604.aspx

Although it says that they have stepped aside for new blood, it isn't clear if any new blood has been found. Hopefully these resignations don't have any impact on any budgets which are available to CH throughout the season.

I would also like to add my thanks to Alex, Marc and Chris for all their hard work and support over the years for the TUFC cause. :bow:
Steve

:scarf: YELLOW ARMY :scarf:
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

PhilGull wrote:Is the timing so bad? Earlier on may have been worse, I imagine having them around has been a great help to Thea and the other board members with regards to new sponsorship deals, new kit deals and new player deals. With all the hard summer work done, now is probably an ideal time for them to say their goodbyes.
Actually the timing is not so bad. But your spelling is atrocious: you should have written rumour not rumor. And somebody else incorrectly wrote their instead of they're. And if any of you is American that's no excuse. Weir watching yew.. :)
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Kernowgull wrote:My take on events, based on nothing other than reading the Herald article, would be that new blood/investment has already been agreed, probably by the board members who haven't resigned. The three that have, were not consulted, or disagree. Hence the "make way for new blood" statement. That seems logical to me, but could be completely wide of the mark.
If your take proves to be correct and the three were not consulted about 'new blood' joining the Board, then you can fully understand their reasons for standing down, especially Alex Rowe as he was vice chairman. The words 'Mickey' and 'Mouse' spring to mind.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Trojan 67 wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28672139

"My time at Plainmoor had run its course."

Nothing in there to suggest decisions were taken without all board members present.

The question remains : What triggered the three resignations?
Come on Troj me old mate, you seriously didn't think they were going come out and say; sorry we messed took decisions with out consulting three board members, so they walked on us. Did you ?
Formerly known as forevertufc
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

Yeah agree Tomo, I wasn't suggesting that in my scenario the three resignee's were in the wrong, just that that seems like the kind of thing that, if not consulted, could cause someone to resign, and the wording seems to tie in with it.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Gullscorer wrote:Actually the timing is not so bad. But your spelling is atrocious: you should have written rumour not rumor. And somebody else incorrectly wrote their instead of they're. And if any of you are American that's no excuse. Weir watching yew.. :)
:na:
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"