SHOW YOUR SUPPORT FOR ALEX ROWE AND THE BOYCE BROTHERS HERE!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
taunton_gull
First Regular
First Regular

SHOW YOUR SUPPORT FOR ALEX ROWE AND THE BOYCE BROTHERS HERE!

Post by taunton_gull »

The news might still be breaking but it has been confirmed by BBC Devon on twitter that Alex Rowe has left the club and it is thought that Cris and Mark Boyce could follow. We are all eternally grateful for the financial backing the Bristows have given but we quite simply cannot afford to lose these three vital individuals on the eve of what was already going to be a very difficult season - especially bearing in mind who is left behind at the club. Considering what we've already been through this could be deeply damaging. See this as a form of e-petition for their swift return to the boardroom!
The original taunton_gull!!!
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

This is dreadful news just five days before the first game of the season. The pre-season preparations seem to have gone reasonably well but now this. I really hope there can be some sort of reconciliation because Alex Rowe, Mark & Chris Boyce are important members of the Board. If they leave, I think our club could soon be in a mess. Certainly a major worry for Chris Hargreaves. So Alex, Mark & Chris - if any of you are reading this, PLEASE RE-CONSIDER AND TRY TO RESOLVE ANY DIFFERENCES. OUR CLUB NEEDS YOU !!!!!!!
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

For what reasons have they left?
Lucy
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

call me crazy, but I'll reserve judgement (and I'll especially reserve ALL CAPS JUDGEMENT BECAUSE THAT IS THE WORST!) until after I find out more about the circumstances behind their exits from Plainmoor.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Pea
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Dale Tonge

Post by Pea »

We're not even sure there is anything to be repaired. Maybe they just don't fancy it anymore, for their own, non-disagreement-with-other-Board-members reasons?
Pea.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by tomogull »

lucy6lucy wrote:For what reasons have they left?
There has been nothing official yet but it is alleged on the Rumours 'thread' that Alex Rowe resigned because decisions were made whilst he was on holiday which should have gone through the Board. If this is correct, it is understandable that he has resigned because he is a vice chairman and so should be kept informed of all proposals. Whatever caused the resignations, I feel that we as long-suffering fans of this club that seems to lurch from crisis to crisis have a right to know.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

tomogull wrote: There has been nothing official yet but it is alleged on the Rumours 'thread' that Alex Rowe resigned because decisions were made whilst he was on holiday which should have gone through the Board. If this is correct, it is understandable that he has resigned because he is a vice chairman and so should be kept informed of all proposals. Whatever caused the resignations, I feel that we as long-suffering fans of this club that seems to lurch from crisis to crisis have a right to know.

It goes to show that if the board are not pulling together, what chance for the team. (please refer to all sh*t / relegation seasons).

Another season of unprofessionalism starting from the top and eking its way to the bottom?

Couple of saying springs to mind:

A case of the mice will play whist’s the cats are away.

"No one told me we had a communications problem"! ;-)
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

Dont know these personally, from what I have seen and heard from Alex Rowe he certainly has his heart in the club however somebody tell me what our directors do day by day for the club, because from what i see some turn up on match day for there dinner then that's it.
If true Alex Rowe will be missed for sure however its fairly obvious what Mrs B contributes, what do the rest do?? I have no idea so please someone tell me
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Some individuals may not have even contributed financially at all.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Always liked Alex Rowe, TUFC fan all the way and as shown by that fans forum video talks confidently because he knows what he's talking about!
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Agreed, Alex Rowe's performance at the fans forum should tell everyone what they needed to know, I'd like to see Ale Rowe back and as chairman, but all the petitions and want in the world, can't see that's ever going to happen.
Formerly known as forevertufc
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

This thread seems somewhat ill concieved to me. Like most of us I am an outsider looking in so I havn't got a clue what is going on.
Yes they are probably the three most "professional" directors but we all know who is holding the purse strings and it isn't Rowe and the Chuckle Brothers.
Rowe was high profile when we were doing well in the Conference and was happily in the centre circle before a game microphone in hand taking the paudits. Once we got beat in the play offs by Exeter and then blew the Fa Trophy final he was like a tortoise going back into his shell.
He soon stepped down citing "health reasons".
As for the Chuckle Brothers - well tradition on their side - no doubt about it but lets be fair they have been pretty faceless, remaining in the background.
Presumably they were equally to blame for hiring the likes of Knill as anybody else.
When we had the Ling fiasco did any of them step forward in front of the tv screens - no they left it to Thea.
If they love the club so much then resigning three days before the season opener seems pretty piss poor to me.
Maybe this thread should be retitled Show your support for Thea - she stated that Hargreaves would have the same budget as last year and it looks like she has been as good as her word. I cant imagine the likes of Bowman,Briscoe and Young have come cheap. We have managed to keep our star player (Pearce) - and all this whilst still having to pay big money to some big underachievers.
So I don't know why they have gone but if its a choice between Thea and the three stooges I know who I would want pulling the strings.
Alpine Joe
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Alpine Joe »

brucie
Show your support for Thea - she stated that Hargreaves would have the same budget as last year
Brucie, you seem determined to persist in spreading this falsehood, irrespective of how often and how many people correct you. Quite frankly a 7 day suspension might be the only way to get the correct information to sink in ;-)

It's only about a month since the last time you were put right on this: http://forum.torquayfans.com/viewtopic. ... 93#p154693
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by tomogull »

brucie wrote: Rowe was high profile when we were doing well in the Conference and was happily in the centre circle before a game microphone in hand taking the paudits. Once we got beat in the play offs by Exeter and then blew the Fa Trophy final he was like a tortoise going back into his shell.
He soon stepped down citing "health reasons".
Maybe this thread should be retitled Show your support for Thea. So I don't know why they have gone but if its a choice between Thea and the three stooges I know who I would want pulling the strings.
Brucie - perhaps your memory is better than mine, but I don't recall Alex Rowe being a publicity seeker when the consortium took over. I seem to recall that the reason he stepped down for 'health reasons', as you put it, is that he suffered a heart attack or heart problems. Don't forget he led the consortium which included Paul Bristow that in my opinion saved the club from insolvency. It's not a choice between Thea and Alex Rowe and the Boyce brothers. Thea Bristow is a lovely lady but reading between the lines, I think she had the chairman's job thrust upon her when Simon Baker chickened out at the time Martin Ling was sacked. I have absolutely no idea what goes on at Boardroom level but my feeling is that we don't have a strong chairman (Simon Baker certainly wasn't one) and this leads to decisions being taken that have not followed the proper procedures.