Rumour brings crisis?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

This would be totally disastrous for the club. If there are differences of opinion please let the same spirit that brought this board together come through now.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Dazza wrote:This would be totally disastrous for the club. If there are differences of opinion please let the same spirit that brought this board together come through now.
W(w*nk*r)Phillips isn't an original board member, only a "first class member"(johnson,tool,d*ck,pr*ck).

A grocer van man and the tool of tools, unless stopped dead in their tracks, will take us to THEIR level. Is there still a South Devon Sunday League?
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Trojan 67 wrote: W(w*nk*r)Phillips isn't an original board member, only a "first class member"(johnson,tool,d*ck,pr*ck).

A grocer van man and the tool of tools will, unless stopped dead in their tracks, will take us to THEIR level. Is there still a South Devon Sunday League?

Careful you'll get people who don't know "the man" telling your so wrong, like they did to people who do know "the man" a while back.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Jerry wrote:It is suggested on BPIR that Alex Rowe, Cris and Mark Boyce have resigned due to things that were done which shoud have gone through the board but were pushed through whilst Rowe was away on holiday.

Very worrying if this is the case.
So did Rowe put the 50k for bodin, to find when he got off holiday he was going to be released :)
Lucy
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Dave_Pougher »

lucy6lucy wrote: So did Rowe put the 50k for bodin, to find when he got off holiday he was going to be released :)

Good suggestion but got the feeling this one of those "stories" whereby we shall never know the complete truth.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Dave_Pougher wrote:

Careful you'll get people who don't know "the man" telling your so wrong, like they did to people who do know "the man" a while back.
That is not what happened at all Dave (as you well know).

People who don't know the man simply asked those that do to fill the rest of us in as to his faults and failures. Unfortunately we were met with a resounding silence.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Don't think so as at the time it was announced that a female put the money up causing everybody to speculate that it was Helen Chamberlain.
taunton_gull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by taunton_gull »

I can't believe it's been confirmed that Rowe has left the club. If he and the Boyces leave we are in deep deep trouble. Not good at all and the very last thing we needed on the eve of the new season. With who remains in the boardroom I simply cannot see us keeping our heads above water even in the conference. I'm willing to forgive the Bristows for overseeing our second relegation to the conference but if this is another nail in the coffin of the club I won't be nearly as forgiving. If true we are left with a lottery winner, Simon Baker and Bill Phillips in charge. Jesus F Christ.
The original taunton_gull!!!
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Jerry wrote: That is not what happened at all Dave (as you well know).

People who don't know the man simply asked those that do to fill the rest of us in as to his faults and failures. Unfortunately we were met with a resounding silence.
Can't argue much with that have to say. Sometimes though you have to bite your tongue when you really wish to speak out for fear of libel. Can't help feeling though that I just may have been down this road before with a certain Mr Roberts.
Pea
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Dale Tonge

Post by Pea »

Dave_Pougher wrote: Can't argue much with that have to say. Sometimes though you have to bite your tongue when you really wish to speak out for fear of libel. Can't help feeling though that I just may have been down this road before with a certain Mr Roberts.
A) Libel doesn't exist anymore
B) It is (and always has been) a defence to defamation to show that the comments made were true and/or fair comment.

If you're not talking a load of old pony, feel free to post what you like about Phillips, Thea or God Himself, they can't touch you for it.
Pea.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Concerning indeed, but rumoring like this, and the administration nonsense, doesn't help!

Hopefully we will receive some more information but this being TUFC the real truth will not publicly become known.
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Jerry wrote:It is suggested on BPIR that Alex Rowe, Cris and Mark Boyce have resigned due to things that were done which shoud have gone through the board but were pushed through whilst Rowe was away on holiday.

Very worrying if this is the case.
Due to this extremely ill timed event I will believe this to be the case.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
DTG
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Anyone but McNeil

Post by DTG »

The surprise is that anyone's surprised given that the 2 idiots are still pulling the strings. Sorry to have to say this but I've been telling you for years now. Very poor timing but that's nothing new. No meaningful communication from the club as per usual. Patronising drivel as some sort of reasoning. Farce.

So, what are we left with? Thea and her money (but for how long?), Baker and Phillips (dear God how much longer can these two utter fu*king idiots be left in any control capacity?) and a spineless rump of Directors doing nothing to stop it. Not good at all. As for generating some excitement about the season, attracting some floating supporters back to the club bringing revenue with them? I guess we'll find out the first Home game.
GET PHILLIPS OUT NOW!!!
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

...and with them they take the last vestige of Professional/Business acumen.

This is very disturbing news. Whilst I do not know any of the board personally or have any knowledge of individual abilities, all previous commentary on this forum from those "in the know" points towards having lost our 3 strongest directors.

With the exception of Thea, Baker and Phillips, I have no idea who the other directors are. And, more importantly what skills/experience any of the remaining board members (with the exception of Thea - who has a very generous nature) have that will benefit the stewardship of our club.

I have read on other threads that this has occurred because of decisions made during the absence of these directors. If that is true, and all other directors were involved in the decision process, then it brings the integrity of the remaining directors under a microscope.........and they must look like a bacteria that could cause severe problems to the health of the club.

I fear for the short term future.

On the other hand, and for the benefit of balance, perhaps the 3 outgoing directors were a disruptive influence on the board - blocking sensible commercial decisions, impeding progress and acting as an anchor to the forward momentum of the club, whose exit will unfetter the brilliant minds left on the board??!!