Bye Bye Billy?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Bye Bye Billy?

Post by DevonYellow »

Herald reporting today that Billy could be released. http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/T ... story.html

I always liked Billy and used to get really p'd off with some of the unfair stick he used to get at Plainmoor. It always seemed certain favourite players were afforded a few bad touches or misplaced passes, but as soon Billy made one there were people on his back.

Maybe it was his price tag? Maybe it was the type of player he is? I don't know, but a shame it looks like we will never see him realise his undoubted potential at Plainmoor.

If this is true then good luck Billy, hope you prove the doubters wrong.
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

Best thing for all concerned-hope he reaches his potential somewhere else but it just didn't work out for him here.

Wonder how the donor who paid £50K of the £70K transfer fee is feeling about it!
bobby93
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by bobby93 »

Always wanted to believe he'd come good again. Looks like I was deluded.

A shame because we all know that on his day he is a quality player. I don't know whether it's attitude or what, but I don't think the problem is his ability. Hopefully he'll go somewhere and kick on with someone who can get the best out of him.

CH is right with comments on wages, hopefully that frees up a little bit more cash.
FINAL ISSUE (#13) & back issues of TUFC fanzine Highway to Hele available now from http://www.highwaytohele.bigcartel.com

Twitter: @highwaytohele
Facebook: facebook.com/highwaytohele
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Probably for the best. I do think Bodin will come good somewhere - a bit like the player he shares the £70,000 price tag with, Eifion Williams, who did much better at Hartlepool, after leaving Torquay.
Pea
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Dale Tonge

Post by Pea »

That challenge then, the one which put him out for over a year, which was knee high and about three postcodes from the ball, but which the referee (who also happened to be President of the Northampton Town Supporters Club) deemed to be perfectly legal and fair, is going to cost us not only relegation, and the £400,000 that entails, but also another £70,000 in Billy Bodin. All the while they keep spending money like it's hazardous to health and getting away with being shit by being shit and rich.

Football, man, it ain't right.
Pea.
friendlygas
First Regular
First Regular

Post by friendlygas »

Very much hope he is not the striker who we have today offered terms to!!!
6667GULL
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: O'KANE

Post by 6667GULL »

Oh dear what a shame, not.
Any stick Bodin received over the last 2 seasons was totally justified, some of his performances were down right embarrassing.
Don't give me this he's only 23 and still learning his trade, rubbish.
Good riddance thanks for wasting £70k and 2 seasons of high wages.
Apologies to the poor benefactor who donated £50k.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Another p*ss taker gone. Benyon and Hawley next please.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Slowly (too snail pace slowly) those responsible (on the field of play) for our relegation are being(contract)terminated.

Why is W(w*nk*r)Phillips still in post?
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

Never looked like he was interested. I was abroad when he was good for us, season before last he was naff and the matches I saw where he featured last season he was also pants. Fancy car fancy haircut but couldn't deliver the goods on the pitch. If he finds form elsewhere good luck to him but what a waste of time and money he was.
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP

Post by taxilady »

bye bye Billy. Hope AustrianAndy looks in to add his farewells, he'll be sooooooooooooooooooooo sorry to see him go ! If he's really really lucky, Billy might end up at York, lol.
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

taxilady wrote:bye bye Billy. Hope AustrianAndy looks in to add his farewells, he'll be sooooooooooooooooooooo sorry to see him go ! If he's really really lucky, Billy might end up at York, lol.
Nooooo! Thirty thousand paragraphs of I'm going I am,,, any second now I'm off,,,, don't try and stop me,,,,
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Gutted who paid the 50k fee to sign him, but apart from him diving at Exeter to earn us a 1-0 win. Good to see a big wager go that has done nothing for Torquay. He was a nervous wreck playing in L2, so how can he expect to progress.
Lucy
rooster
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Bodin

Post by rooster »

Sad he's gone but probably for the best, unfortunately we never saw the best of him but like so many other players, have endured difficult times at TUFC , like most players they fit in to certain teams and not others.............he will go on to better things I'm sure........good luck to him
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

IMHO Probably, £ for lb, the worst footballer ever to put on a Torquay shirt or a Welsh shirt come to that!

For me it felt like someone paid us £50,000 (or what ever the final fee was) to give the poor sod a game.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal: