Thanks for the memories

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
DerbyshireGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Billy Bodin

Thanks for the memories

Post by DerbyshireGull »

Finally I need to say a huge thankyou to most of your forum members out there who have shared your posts with me and who have hopefully enjoyed some of my posts too. I still find it incredible that I have lasted for 3 years but that is the reality of it and it has been a revelation to share a journey with you all. Some I have met and got to know a little, however sadly it is very doubtful we will be meeting again much to your relief. :lol:

Some I have seen but not spoken to, some were kind enough to befriend me on facebook for the short time I felt compelled to use it ( I've been deactivated now for months as facebook really is not me.) and for that I show my gratitude, and most I have never met or seen. That leaves the majority on this site who are literally just names to me but some of you I have formed an opinion on and even have an image in my head of what you may look like and in some ways I do feel like we've met.

This post really just serves as a who's who of TUFCfansforum members and my views.

In no particular order:

Bengull: What an absolute cracking bloke and as genuine as they come. I honestly get the impression that you could rely on him with your life. I trust him implicitly and I think he has exceptional qualities that you don't often find nowadays, honesty, integrity and fairness. Ben and I have stood and sung together on loads of occasions and a couple spring to mind such as Rochdale away the season before last when literally nobody else turned up and we pretty much were THE singers for those 90 minutes at Spotland.

This man loves the club and hardly missed a game home or away for a number of years now and is truly dedicated. He has been badly let down by the club also and he hasn't renewed his season ticket which shocked me. It is certain that if it weren't for Ben asking me to show myself at the Don Valley a few years back, then there is no way I would have been able to meet some of the amazing fans I have. So thankyou Ben.

From a forum perspective, his posts are always fair, constructive, balanced and well written which is the opposite to me and they are always accurate and unreactive. Ben takes into account others views and predicaments when he posts which conveys well.

I hope his old man is ok and Nige too and hope he keeps well and achieves what he wants to in life because he's a decent bloke. He has got my Alan Partridge CD too but keep it keep it, you can always get me something of equivalent value like a pint of bitter or a big marker pen..............

Oh, and I STILL think the Oxford Ox is the finest piece of football based sculpture in the UK.

Alexgulls: Also stood with Alex on a number of occasions and I get the impression with Alex that he just loves the days out and makes the most of them. A great lad and really friendly. The time up at Hartlepool when he instigated the 'watching this fence is better than this' chant when he got us all to turn and sing it to the fence at the back of the terrace was **** hilarious. Yet some Torquay fans in the crowd chose to take offence at some of the chants that day. See, you get some wanting to have a laugh without causing physical harm to others and you get some wanting to be like Victor Meldrew. Cheers for the memories Alex and I hope you get to go to that bar in High Wycombe again!

Alex is a brief poster in frequency and word count but he is happy with that.

Tufchills: I believe this is Mark Bithells username so if that is the case then I'd like to say I've enjoyed standing with Mark too on a few occasions. His particular rant and outbursts at Scunny towards Alan Knill made me piss myself! Again, some in the crowd took offence. Sad.

Lankyben: A more languid and humorous bloke you'll not hope to meet. Not stood with him many times but the night game at Burton was an absolute hoot where he taunted Knill about it feeing like a win, nearly got ejected for shouting inappropriate comments about a player and sang TV theme tunes. Wet myself mate and thanks so much for that! A rare poster.

Bixieupnorth: A Sheffield lad now so he'd have you believe and I bet he's not even tried a drop of the Henderson's! I appreciate his comments more than most because he is pretty straight talking which means the Yorkshire is rubbing off on him and he always has a good word to say about me when I've been on and off the forum like a yo yo. It's like he understands that not all of us are fundamentally fully functional in a normal society all of the time and he allows for that. Patience in spades I reckon. I very much appreciate Paul and have been fortunate enough to stand with him on a couple of occasions. Still not sure about the Mick Hucknall mullet though Bix!

Bixie is also my betting buddy and we've often exchanged bet details and views on how to beat the bookie. To no avail for me I'm afraid. Even now I've got the Fjolnir Reykjavik v FH Hafnarfjordur game on BET365 because I've stuck 15 on Fjolnir at 5/1! They are 1-0 down you won't be surprised to hear.

I like Bix's posts, again they are pretty infrequent but he comes out with the blunt truth and he loves to support the club financially in any way he can with memberships and the like from his home in dumpy Sheff Vegas.

Supernickywroe: If you see a rotund Craig Charles lookalike wearing a Simpsons t-shirt coming towards you then bloody well run for the hills!! This man is kerrreyezy!! It's when he oppens his mouth that the real problems start because tha can't understand a bloody word e's sayin'! Of course I can but that's because I learnt Yorkshire from a very young age. Chris is in someways how I'd like to be, not obese though - we're both that. But not concerned about what people think of him and speaks his mind. Probably the bluntest poster on the forum and he dunt talk wet either. I've stood with him on a few occasions at York and Chesterfield, the latter game when Scottish Dom blew the whistle and Chris was telling those holier than thou knobheads having a pop to wind their necks in! Quality and total respect! "We don't want your sort supporting our club!" these people were shouting at Dom. "WELL **** OFF THEN!!". Chris is / was a nurse and had given me general medical advice in the past for which I'm grateful. Nothing about my anus though.

Forevertufc: Dave is a very knowledgable man about all levels of the club and youth / local leagues and I find many of his posts about how things work very interesting indeed. I've learnt a great deal from his postings so thanks Dave. He also speaks his mind and is a true fan who is not prepared to be dictated to by clueless Torquay bosses (my words not his). I respect that. I've met him once for a drink in Boots and really enjoyed chatting to him, he is another who is always fair and has said many a kind word about me in the past and even sent me PM's too which I very much appreciated. I hope his lad gets where he wants to be in football and goes on to achieve great things.

Jeff: Really knows his stuff on the lower leagues and had put me right on a few occasions when I have posted inaccurate info. I thoroughly respect his knowledge on non league football and lower league players and I have also learnt things about players I've never heard of from him. I've spoken to him briefly at Macclesfield when two weeks before our game at Moss Rose we played up at Accy and I let rip a huge rant on leaving the stadium about it and Accy being a total shithole which the world and his wife heard. Oddly enough at Macc two weeks later I was stood next to this lad (who was Jeff but I didn't know that yet) and his mate who were discussing 'that lad who had a rant at Accy'. I overheard and introduced myself! It's a small world! I think Jeff is one of the few who will actually savour some of the hovels that Torquay will be visiting next season.

Trojan: Hope this degenerate is keeping well! Not heard from him for a bit. A wily, eccentric old boy who has been there and got the t-shirt. Met him in Boots once, complete with bag. Keep well Troj!

Brucie: Brucie is a realist which I like but like myself he can be tad negative and not give too much credit when it's due. I like reading his posts because it upsets the 'happy clappers' but I'm not sure we'd both be able to enjoy a pint together i'll put it that way. I'm sure he will be glad to hear that. He too thought about giving the site up but it's in his blood. I can't say the same sadly. Brucie is a forum icon. As blunt as James and Emily put together.

Cambgull: Luke likes great music and I enjoy reading his posts across a wide spectrum of topics. He is definitely worth more than a mention.

Gullscorer: Mick enjoys his culture and is clearly a very wise and educated 'mature' man. I get the impression that he is genuinely 'into' and knowledgable about the arts and literature unlike some who just claim to be because it makes them seem intelligent. He has a passion bordering on obsession about a few topics but don't we all? Mick likes to stay positive and I'm sure the Gulls will win all of their remaining games next season!

Ferrarilover: Matt has always been friendly to me and we've met and chatted on a few occasions.I get the impression that he is very intelligent but often lacks empathetic qualities I feel and often delivers clinical if not somewhat overly forensic posts about a wide range of topics. I like his questioning style and reasoning but like I said, often it is too clinical and I often struggle to work out the tone of his posts. I do think that the field of law is made for him given the style of his posts. If Matt could be a little more forgiving of the apparently stupid then it would go a long way, more than he'd realise. The overriding feel I get with Matt is that he likes to be right and to be fair he does always try to provide hard evidence to back up any posts but I just think if he cut folk a bit of slack now and then it would make some see him in a different light. Some of his posts in the past have actually made me piss myself but others I have questioned the need for, like he has done with mine on many occasions I don't doubt. If you get that Hedgehog mate then let me know what you've decided to call it.

DonnyGull (now DonnyGull50): Tony has always been an officer and a gentleman on the few times I've met him. Well, a gentlemen anyway! He always gives me a shout at half time if he spots me at a game and we catch up. He's from Dawlish and I very much enjoy our chats. He is a thoroughly decent chap and gets to games when he can after work and family commitments. I recently walked down Bootham Crescent with him before and after our last game at York and he is always very talkative and friendly. His lad supports Donny Rovers but I won't hold that against him! Hope you are doing well Tony and that your family situation is ok.

Chunkygull: Probably as close to myself as I'm gonna get on this forum. Chunks is a legend. All I want is to be immature, have a laugh about stuff and rant about stuff and I get the impression that this is Chunks too. We're just normal mid thirties blokes thinking about approaching 40 and having a sort of girly breakdown. We just want to go about our daily business avoiding stress, avoiding wankers and getting on with our lot but find it increasingly difficult because lots of people are twats. We enjoy banal comedy and we're just down to earth grown up kids. Chunky, if I'm wrong I'm deeply sorry!

Tomogull: Comes across as a very very nice bloke indeed and I've not forgotten the supportive posts he gave me. I get the impression he can ride the rough with the smooth, read between the lines and give the benefit of the doubt. Remarkable traits. Loves the club and likes to see the positives in things but is also understanding of negative posters and doesn't jump down their throats. Cheers Tomo!

Taxilady: I have nothing but admiration for this lady, a real die hard TUFC fan, battler and a very genuine and thoroughly nice lady. In fact I'd go as far as to say that TUFC has TWO ladies that keep the club afloat - Thea and Nina. A special lady and one who I have had the pleasure of standing with a few times including at Mansfield. I have had nothing but support and goodwill messages from her throughout my site life and it is very much appreciated. I remember the surprised look on her face when I collared her outside the club shop at Plainmoor before the Accrington game as I was making my way into the bench! I bet I was a sight for sore eyes! Thanks Nina and take care of yourself and those taxi's!!

Coley: I've not forgotten the shit we both got from happy clappers mate but we stood firm. Cheers mate.

Lucy6lucy: A passionate lass about her club and things in general. Takes no shit and speaks her mind. Love it!

Gazzableedsgull: A fellow Yorkshireman but one who has links to Torquay unlike myself. Gaz is a bit of a loose cannon and I've enjoyed his company a few times. I still love that photo of your arse at Bath City mate!!

Bobby93: Met him at Wycombe and although I can't pinpoint any of his particular posts I understand that he is rallying round the fans and trying to produce a new fanzine called The Road to Hele. He is getting off his arse and willing to give up his own time to promote the club he loves by producing a fanzine for Torquay fans. I think that deserves a round of applause and it is a damn sight more than a lot of others are doing. Respect Bobby and I hope the fanzine kicks off for you. Sadly I can't help anymore as I promised because I don't support Torquay. I'm sure you'll understand. Speak to Ben, he drinks that yellow stuff in tins.

Neal: I think we are both on the same wavelength as I often agree with much of what he posts. He comes across as passionate about the club, realistic but fair and doesn't want to be fobbed off. I respect his posts.

Scott Brehaut: What can I say about this bloke? What a sack! Only kidding Scotty lad! Scott has been very very helpful to me and I've really enjoyed chatting to him online. Top bloke who I believe has had some really unfair and unjust criticism and abuse just because he's an admin bod. **** 'em Scott. Top bloke and a bit on my wavelength but in all honesty when I first joined up I thought you were a bit of a **** but now I think you're a real normal top bloke and one who I can go out for a pint with. Obviously you wouldn't feel the same! Cheers for everything Scott and I hope you and our little lad are both fine.

Southamptongull: Dave has always been very helpful to me and generally been tolerant and understanding of my 'issues' for which I am very grateful. I reckon he knows I'm a bit of a knob but I can't help it do I have an excuse! He loves Shepherds too and knows his working dogs so he's not all bad! Cheers Dave!

Louis: Comes across as an extremely sensible individual (no offence Louis! ). Calm and always there to help and goes out of his way to get competetions and things going for you lot which quite frankly sometimes I wish he wouldn't bother because many of you don't seem to give a shit or appreciate his work and effort. Louis isn't fussed but I can tell you it **** me right off. Someone has gone out of their way to run a competition and offer a prize and nobody can be arsed to respond or express gratitude. It's rude and unacceptable IMO but I'm odd aren't I? Cheers Louis.

I also like to hear from our American lads Happy, USA and Wisconsin and also a mention to GG, our resident faggot eater from Gloucestershire!

If you didn't get a mention in this star studded line up then don't worry. I enjoy most posts. There are only a handful of posters that are 'challenging' but that's only because you are jealous. No point in dishing out the abuse because that would be negative..................and you don't like negative.
Last edited by DerbyshireGull on 11 Jun 2014, 23:45, edited 2 times in total.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

tl:dr
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
DerbyshireGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by DerbyshireGull »

PlainmoorRoar wrote:tl:dr
:lol:

I reckon you're alright underneath. :lol: :-D
DerbyshireGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by DerbyshireGull »

When I said that it wasn't meant in any homosexual way you'll understand.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

DerbyshireGull wrote: :lol:

I reckon you're alright underneath. :lol: :-D
i remember someone posting against one of your match day threads and the aftermath lol!

I'll give you that Andy, your match day OP were a very enjoyable read
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
DerbyshireGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by DerbyshireGull »

Cheers Roar. Good luck for the future man.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

I'll ignore the fact I had less written about me than Brucie, and wish you all the best, Andy.

I have thoroughly enjoyed your posts over the years and I hope this won't be the last we see of you.

Now, stop attention whoring and bugger off! :p
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Where you going ? Strange ways
Lucy
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Attention whoring, isn't that why we're all on here.. :) Thanks for your kind words Andy, and sorry it's come to this for you, when we met up found you to be a pleasant and nice lad, your not only one to struggle with forum life, and as I said to you a few times , it doesn't matter what reaction you get from others, as long as your being as honest with your own view point as you can be, that's all I try to do, after all it's so easy to say the right thing and get a warm fuzzy feeling inside when you get a cute round of applause.

Anyway, enough of that now, can't find your number, know you've got mine, do me a favour and text it me, if your reading this Andy. :)
Formerly known as forevertufc
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Hell's Bells, Andy - that's one hell of a post ! Don't think you've got it right about me but thanks anyway. All of the other character assassinations are pretty much accurate I feel. The thing is - it's almost become an extended family on here. We agree, we disagree, we support each other, we squabble. Obviously, there are many others who stick in their two-pennorth worth to stir us up - Diamondgirl, Hector, Arcadia and Stefano spring readily to mind.

We haven't met, Andy, but I imagine you as a larger than life character - one of life's characters (not many around these days, sadly), great company and fun to be with and someone who wears his heart on his sleeve. You're one of the stars on this Forum as you get us thinking and discussing and your pre-match reports are brilliant. I was looking forward to your pre-match summaries for the likes of Alfreton and Forest Green ! It was rather tame on here when you were missing for a while so please don't leave us, Andy !!!!!! :bow:
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

Thought this was going to be a thread to say Lee Mansell was leaving. Bugger.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

lucy6lucy wrote:Where you going ? Strange ways

No Lucy.

Rampton (Secure Mental) Hospital..........

Thank F**k.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

SuperNickyWroe wrote:
No Lucy.

Rampton (Secure Mental) Hospital..........

Thank F**k.
No - I think he's going to watch Derby County. Same as Rampton but maybe not as secure ...... :clown:
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP

Post by taxilady »

[quote="DerbyshireGull"]Finally I need to say a huge thankyou to .............

Taxilady: I have nothing but admiration for this lady, a real die hard TUFC fan, battler and a very genuine and thoroughly nice lady. In fact I'd go as far as to say that TUFC has TWO ladies that keep the club afloat - Thea and Nina

definitely Thea !!!
as for me (& I quote) DON'T TALK WET !!!!!

take some time out Andy (not too long) & then see if we've got under your skin! TUFC has a way of doing that, for all the frustration & heartache it can be very addictive ! Hope to see you soon !
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
Gazzableedsgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by Gazzableedsgull »

Thank you for that amazing review DerbyshireGull haha I've mellowed out since I was 17. It's been good to get to know you. All the best mate
Dreaming Of Promotion ..