City PFA Loan

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
sam_
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Angus MacDonald

City PFA Loan

Post by sam_ »

Exeter are well and truly on their way up s*** creek without a paddle. They've had to take a loan from the PFA to pay their players. Wonder how far this will go? Are they still owned by the fans?
We'll be back...
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

(Tongue firmly in cheek!)

TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
BayGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jools Holland

Post by BayGull »

sam_
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Angus MacDonald

Post by sam_ »

Richinns wrote:(Tongue firmly in cheek!)

:lol:
We'll be back...
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

sam_ wrote:Exeter are well and truly on their way up s*** creek without a paddle. They've had to take a loan from the PFA to pay their players. Wonder how far this will go? Are they still owned by the fans?
http://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/arti ... 93561.aspx

not sold enough ST!
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
dazgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jean-Pierre Simb

Post by dazgull »

Two crap years at home with not many wins at all hardly surprising nobody wants to fork out cash.

Time to get those buckets out you Greeks from before :lol:
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

dazgull wrote:Two crap years at home with not many wins at all hardly surprising nobody wants to fork out cash.

Time to get those buckets out you Greeks from before :lol:
That sounds like a scenario very close to our own home.. ;-) :'(
Formerly known as forevertufc
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

We shouldn't be mocking the Greeks for this-it has implications for the supporters owned movement.
They are democratically run and far more accountable to the fans-particularly important for them given the way the club was shafted by its owners and nearly put out of business.As a co-operative,not-for-profit, they cannot inject funds through "capitalisation" in the way we can through Thea Bristow's financial support-or that of any other benefactor.Their model has much to merit it and has sustained the club for 10 years with a great deal of success but it has its downsides and the current cashflow problems cannot be solved easily given their form of shared- ownership.Ironically one reason their budget will be reduced next year is the knock-on effect of losing two derbies against us and Rovers!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Not to mention Tranmere nicking their players!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

It's a lovely sentiment, all this fair trade, free range, vegetarian ownership, but that club's a **** mess.

The ground is fit to be condemned, comfortably the worst in the FL. While I will continue to mock teams who build massive, identikit stadia that they simply don't need (looking at you, Rovers) simply to win the willy waving contest of "my ground's bigger than yours", I'm even less impressed by clubs who have the opportunity to redevelop their places to make them livable and fit for purpose. They haven't even got a roof on their away end for Christ's sake. Imagine turning up to view a house and finding it has an outside loo; that's not even half as bad as pitching up at City's away end.

Over the last few years, time and again they've got lucky with cup draws. No complaints about the system, but they've made millions out of it and they've pissed the whole lot up the wall.
Well done to them equally for developing a couple of decent players and shipping them off for big money, but again, where's all that cash gone? Gates of 5000/week for years, average earnings of over £100,000/year for the last 15 years from lucky cup draws and player fees (that's a total guess, could be less, could be considerably more), prize money from a couple of seasons in L1. All this cash, totalling millions and millions of pounds and they're getting a **** Wonga loan to pay their gas bill? They haven't spent a penny on their hovel, they certainly aren't known for paying big money, they've never spunked it on a million pound signing, so where the hell does it go? Where does all this cash end up?

Come on, City fans, I know at least one of you is having your carer read this to you, ask them to type you a reply, because I simply cannot see any other explanation than Titsdale has spunked the budget on posh cravats.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
DerbyshireGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Billy Bodin

Post by DerbyshireGull »

ferrarilover wrote:It's a lovely sentiment, all this fair trade, free range, vegetarian ownership, The ground is fit to be condemned, comfortably the worst in the FL. While I will continue to mock teams who build massive, identikit stadia that they simply don't need (looking at you, Rovers) simply to win the willy waving contest of "my ground's bigger than yours", I'm even less impressed by clubs who have the opportunity to redevelop their places to make them livable and fit for purpose. They haven't even got a roof on their away end for Christ's sake. Imagine turning up to view a house and finding it has an outside loo; that's not even half as bad as pitching up at City's away end.

Over the last few years, time and again they've got lucky with cup draws. No complaints about the system, but they've made millions out of it and they've pissed the whole lot up the wall.
Well done to them equally for developing a couple of decent players and shipping them off for big money, but again, where's all that cash gone? Gates of 5000/week for years, average earnings of over £100,000/year for the last 15 years from lucky cup draws and player fees (that's a total guess, could be less, could be considerably more), prize money from a couple of seasons in L1. All this cash, totalling millions and millions of pounds and they're getting a f**king Wonga loan to pay their gas bill? They haven't spent a penny on their hovel, they certainly aren't known for paying big money, they've never spunked it on a million pound signing, so where the hell does it go? Where does all this cash end up?

Come on, City fans, I know at least one of you is having your carer read this to you, ask them to type you a reply, because I simply cannot see any other explanation than Titsdale has spunked the budget on posh cravats.

Matt.
Pot and kettle spring to mind here Matt. :lol:

They are perfectly entitled to say the same about Torquay and they'd have a point. =D

It does appear that they have been doing something silly with all their cash though I agree.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Andy, there is a difference between having **** all money because you've not been sensible and taken advantage of the second chance given to you (putting other businesses out of business at the same time), and having little money because the Board are reluctant to get into the above scenario.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Scott Brehaut wrote:Andy, there is a difference between having f*** all money because you've not been sensible and taken advantage of the second chance given to you (putting other businesses out of business at the same time), and having little money because the Board are reluctant to get into the above scenario.
This. Well said.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

We're nothing like a mess. No, we're not the perfect club, but we're pretty close to the top of the list of those who behave best.
If Thea closed her purse tomorrow, we'd be absolutely fine to start the new season. We'd be traveling to away games on the day and we'd not be signing anyone, but the club would function. Take out that insurance prat from Mansfield Town and they go bust inside about 15 minutes. Same with Northampton, Rovers, Fleetwood, Cheaty, Rotherham, Chelsea and Man City.

I'd much rather be in our position, a Conference club within their means than theirs as a dreadful L2 club miles outside their means.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
DerbyshireGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Billy Bodin

Post by DerbyshireGull »

Scott Brehaut wrote:Andy, there is a difference between having f*** all money because you've not been sensible and taken advantage of the second chance given to you (putting other businesses out of business at the same time), and having little money because the Board are reluctant to get into the above scenario.
Yes I know Scott, I wasn't referring to that but just the irony that we are gloating that they are a mess when in fact it is us who also have no cash, no direction and have the added bonus of being a league below.