Down-And Out!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by MidDevon »

I expect tonight, that Ashley Yeoman would beg to differ, assuming he gets a new contract. the youth system worked for him...he was good enough

So if parents are not paying for their kds to play, what is the money they are handing over for?

I would like to know yellowwot1 what you would consider to be a successful youth set up ? what would you measure it on ?
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

MidDevon wrote:I expect tonight, that Ashley Yeoman would beg to differ, assuming he gets a new contract. the youth system worked for him...he was good enough

So if parents are not paying for their kds to play, what is the money they are handing over for?

I would like to know yellowwot1 what you would consider to be a successful youth set up ? what would you measure it on ?
dont bother middevon - its obvious hes out to lunch.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

All I'm saying is that if quality players are scarce, we have bugger all cash and we are miles from anywhere to get in decent loanees who would come to a conference club then we should be looking at our youth and seeing if we can stick some of them in and see what happens. It makes sense. If the pressure of doing well in the conference is just too much to risk youngsters then I'm afraid they won't get many chances as pressure is always going to be there at any level.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
yellowwot1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: aint got 1

Post by yellowwot1 »

It shows how little you bloody know Nicky, parents pay for all kit and mostly all travel anywhere I'm the country, London wales Dorset Wiltshire Oxfordshire then sponsorship not to mentiom those that live 2 hours away from training twice per week all to give up ownership of your son to part time coachrs that are plumbers or coppers or electricians. There are 10,000 young boys in academies.across.Britain 1percent get to play 1st team football that statistic is pathetic.and damming in himself try researching your subject before spouting your mouth off , try reading every boys dream by Dan green then come back here and delete your post because it's full of crap
Robiberto22
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Robiberto22 »

yellowwot1 wrote:It shows how little you bloody know Nicky, parents pay for all kit and mostly all travel anywhere I'm the country, London wales Dorset Wiltshire Oxfordshire then sponsorship not to mentiom those that live 2 hours away from training twice per week all to give up ownership of your son to part time coachrs that are plumbers or coppers or electricians. There are 10,000 young boys in academies.across.Britain 1percent get to play 1st team football that statistic is pathetic.and damming in himself try researching your subject before spouting your mouth off , try reading every boys dream by Dan green then come back here and delete your post because it's full of crap
Seriously - have a pot noodle, a wank and try to calm down mate, no need to go to war with everyone
ALAN KNILL'S YELLOW ARMY !!! - Oh wait ...
yellowwot1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: aint got 1

Post by yellowwot1 »

Listen mate when someone starts sounding off about Ashley who isn't even in the 1 percent now as Tufc are not a.football league side.anymore then I get insulted by someone satimg.i am out to lunch and don't bother I think I am entitled to state the facts if.you don't like it don't read it simple
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

yellowwot1 wrote:It shows how little you bloody know Nicky, parents pay for all kit and mostly all travel anywhere I'm the country, London wales Dorset Wiltshire Oxfordshire then sponsorship not to mentiom those that live 2 hours away from training twice per week all to give up ownership of your son to part time coachrs that are plumbers or coppers or electricians. There are 10,000 young boys in academies.across.Britain 1percent get to play 1st team football that statistic is pathetic.and damming in himself try researching your subject before spouting your mouth off , try reading every boys dream by Dan green then come back here and delete your post because it's full of crap
Blame the FA and the fecking greed of the Premiership clubs for the pathetic state of youth football in this country.,

If only this country could follow the lead of the Dutch. How a tiny country like that can produce such talent as Cruyff Gullit Bergkamp VanPersie etc etc
why the feck do we do not do that ? BIG questions must be asked. Why cant this country produce players of technical quality ?
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Dutchgull wrote: Blame the FA and the fecking greed of the Premiership clubs for the pathetic state of youth football in this country.,

If only this country could follow the lead of the Dutch. How a tiny country like that can produce such talent as Cruyff Gullit Bergkamp VanPersie etc etc
why the feck do we do not do that ? BIG questions must be asked. Why cant this country produce players of technical quality ?
As another 'foreigner' to another Dutch, :goodpost:

Totally agree.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

yellowwot1 wrote:Listen mate when someone starts sounding off about Ashley who isn't even in the 1 percent now as Tufc are not a.football league side.anymore then I get insulted by someone satimg.i am out to lunch and don't bother I think I am entitled to state the facts if.you don't like it don't read it simple
'If you don't like it don't read it'. The same could be said to you, yellowwot1, since you seem to sound off at the slightest thing to anyone who doesn't agree with you, and you appear not to be mature enough to shrug off what you regard as insults, which anyone else would do with a quip or witty retort.

Of course you are as entitled as anybody else to your opinions, but what you state to be facts may in fact only be mere assertions, and in any event you will need to back up what you say with evidence or reasoned logical argument rather than personal attacks and abuse which you may feel is giving as good as you get but in truth merely displays your immaturity.

Please grow up.
Last edited by Gullscorer on 27 Apr 2014, 01:15, edited 3 times in total.
Robiberto22
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Robiberto22 »

Gullscorer wrote:
and get yer finger off the full stop button

cheers
ALAN KNILL'S YELLOW ARMY !!! - Oh wait ...
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Robiberto22 wrote:and get yer finger off the full stop button
cheers
Yep, I just wrote a sixty-nine word sentence with just two commas and one stop at the end. That's exceptional of course, but if I can punctuate properly, I'm,sure.yellowwot1 couldlearn to.do so..!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That reminds me of the pub sign I saw on the Graham Norton Show: 'Wig and Penis to open soon'.
Last edited by Gullscorer on 27 Apr 2014, 06:43, edited 1 time in total.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Disapointed frustrated a bit angry but overall it was inevitable from the day alan knill was given the job that we would have a tough season. Wasting literally our entire budget on a load of dross effectively killed our chances of a quicker recovery under Hargreaves and its a case of what could have been. Hargreaves main failing was not giving yeoman more of a crack, had he done so we may have eeked out a few more points.

Alas our home form has been diabolical and we've lost the key games up until the last week . Hargreaves is the right man for this club now and my only crumb of comfort comes from the belief we'll have a better more committed group of players for next season.

Going to be tough for us and we've desperately got to try and move Knills jokers out of here asap
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Woe is me, woe is me, we're the worst club ever to walk the face of the earth, we'll be in the South Devon league before long, we're totally unprofessional, we're a club without a single redeeming feature...

Yet, but for one 173rd minute shinner into the top corner in the Morecambe game, we'd be in with a great chance of staying up.

If you want to have a look at a club who are as bad from top to bottom as some on here are suggesting, then you need to look either to Bristol Rovers or Hyde (depending on how closely you want to look).

We're a perfectly decent L2 club who have made a bit of a hash of one season. If we'd have signed Coulthirst a month earlier than we did, if the ref had given the foul on Bodin, if we'd have closed down the Accrington striker, if the ref had spotted the Southend handball, if the FA had had the stones to admit that their ref got the Goodwin red card decision wrong, if Hawley had scored the pen against Exeter, if Tongue had scored the pen against [insert team name], if any one of these things had gone for us rather than against us, we would almost certainly be at least in with a shout of staying up.
This is not the case with clubs who really are up shit creek and in need of basically tearing down and starting again which seems to be what the apparently brain-dead yellowwot and some others are demanding.

If we'd had a 15 goal striker on our books this year, we'd be vying for the Playoffs. If we get one in for next year, we'll sow up the Conference title by February.

I know it's disappointing to be relegated, but have a look at just how close we've come to staying up. If we go down by 2 points, over the course of the season, that means we earned 1.45% fewer points than a side who weren't relegated. 1.45% is not cause for a total overhaul of the system. To do so would be like going to the Dr, finding that your VO2 max was 1.45% down and demanding a double lung transplant.

Going forward, we need to keep the majority of this squad together. Danny and Nico can go, as can Manse and Hawley, but the rest can stay. Players who've come agonisingly close to making the grade in L2 do not need to be shipped out for a year in the Conference.

Emotions are running high, but that's all the more reason for the club and the fans to take no immediate action. Give it a fortnight after the Wycombe game and then form a proper shopping list of the very best strikers we can think of. Sign one and pay him Hawley's salary and a bit more besides and guarantee (so far as such a thing is possible in football) 30 goals from him next season.

Remember this if nothing else, even the slowest F1 driver would kick your ass at go-karting.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

:goodpost: I agree with you Matt, except for one thing: we must keep Danny the Mascot, a Gulls legend.. :)

Apart from that, I initially felt that an almost complete clear-out of players would be required, given the dire performances we've seen for most of the season, but I've come round to the view that such performances were due to poor morale and lack of belief and confidence in players who would normally play much better, rather than to any innate mediocrity or general lack of talent.

CH has now turned this around and I really do feel that next season could be a good one. We were in the Conference not many seasons ago, and CH helped get us out of it. He can do the same now by emulating Paul Buckle where many Football League managers without Conference experience might fail miserably. No need for a complete clear-out. But, whilst there's a place for the occasional loan player, I just hope that he plays a regular winning team without too many of them..