Martin Ling BBC Article

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
yellowwot1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: aint got 1

Post by yellowwot1 »

AustrianAntheaGull wrote:They don't believe there is anything to apologise for. What I a may be able to predict though is if the club goes tits up then most of them won't be seen for the hills. Thea will have lost out and those around her will go and leach onto something else, a bit like Knill at Northampton leaving the mess behind. Ok so Knill was sacked but he wouldn't do the decent thing and admit he was not up to the task. Same thing in my book. They can't lose.
I really couldn't agree more as for them not thinking there is anything to apologise for! We'll isn't that just typical......
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

budleigh wrote: Are you suggesting the directors of Torquay United leech off Thea Bristow?
No, I'm saying that some of them work in a responsible capacity for the football club presumably having not had much if any input of their own financially and when the decisions they have made in unison go wrong and the club goes under then they go and hop on somewhere else and continue the gravy train without suffering any consequences of poor management. Then it gets left to others to pick up the pieces and then someone like Thea who has to trust others around her to help contribute to decision making about football matters presuming they all know their onions loses out through no fault of her own.

I'm not saying they leach off Thea although you did ask the question and I'm giving you my answer.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

If each board member has put in a load of their own money then I sincerely apologise for my earlier post which would be inaccurate. Is this the case?
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
budleigh
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by budleigh »

No, I'm saying that some of them work in a responsible capacity for the football club presumably having not had much if any input of their own financially and when the decisions they have made in unison go wrong and the club goes under then they go and hop on somewhere else and continue the gravy train without suffering any consequences of poor management.
One further question; are you talking about the directors of the club?
budleigh
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by budleigh »

If each board member has put in a load of their own money then I sincerely apologise for my earlier post which would be inaccurate. Is this the case?
If you don't know the answer to your own question, then you shouldn't post such rubbish... Of course they have put in their own money.
Would love to know what their next 'gravy train' might be!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Why?
budleigh
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by budleigh »

I meant in the context that when he re-applied for the vacant managers post upon the dismissal of AK
As I stated earlier; maybe someone did speak with him.
budleigh
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by budleigh »

Why?
Why what?
rooster
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Bodin

Post by rooster »

All I can say is my understanding is they didn't but if you know differently fine......
yellowwot1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by yellowwot1 »

budleigh wrote: If you don't know the answer to your own question, then you shouldn't post such rubbish... Of course they have put in their own money.
Have they all put in their own money? When? How much? Please qualify and quauntify, 'gravy train's ' come in many forms sometimes.it's just enough to get off a sinking ship in one piece, save yourself at all cost
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

budleigh wrote: If you don't know the answer to your own question, then you shouldn't post such rubbish... Of course they have put in their own money.
You are probably right Budleigh. Perhaps I should have the full facts in front of me before posting such frivolous folly.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Where can I find out this specific information then so I can make a more informed post?
yellowwot1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by yellowwot1 »

AustrianAntheaGull wrote:Where can I find out this specific information then so I can make a more informed post?
In exactly the same place he got his info regarding the amount of money the directors.have contributed
:P
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Budleigh is quite right in castigating me for posting accusations therefore they must be totally unfounded. That is why I have asked where I can find out who each person is behind the scenes, what they do and how much money they have invested into the club. I presume each has some serious cash tied up in the club for Budleigh to make such a defensive remark. He obviously knows things I don't and I would like to find out this information so I can revise my earlier postings and get a more rounded picture of what goes on behind the scenes.
yellowwot1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by yellowwot1 »

AustrianAntheaGull wrote:Budleigh is quite right in castigating me for posting accusations therefore they must be totally unfounded. That is why I have asked where I can find out who each person is behind the scenes, what they do and how much money they have invested into the club. I presume each has some serious cash tied up in the club for Budleigh to make such a defensive remark. He obviously knows things I don't and I would like to find out this information so I can revise my earlier postings and get a more rounded picture of what goes on behind the scenes.
Hope you are feeling patient and are in no rush!