Things you'd like to see in your lifetime

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
jocktheknife
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Nicho

Post by jocktheknife »

United to be established as the number 1 team in Devon would do me......

Chuck in a 6th round of the cup appearance and humping the greeks by 5 at there gaff.
....aka jmgull.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Lol. Wouldn't that go down well on BB.

Good to see you back on here "Jock" :)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Well i have seen many things in my lifetime and like a previous post have lived longer than I have left to live, But on thinking back to some of the greatest scenes I have ever witnessed. I wouls love to see attendances climb to where we regularly have 8-10k at every match and see whingers on this site bemoaning how the atmosphere is rubbish and where have all the 30,000 that went to Wembley the previous season gone.
I would like to see Plainmoor rebuilt into a luverly Jubbly stadium with a real sense of individuality looking really grand and holding 15,000 with tickets at a premium for cup matches.
I would like to see the stands wrap around the corners if only to keep out that infernal really cutting wind that chills the bones to the core in the Family stand.
I would love to see us in the company of a set of family orientated board members in real touch with the fans rather than a rich sugar daddy that normally accompanies such a rise up the league and new stadium.
I would love to see us with two or three players come back to put back into the club what they got out of us to help their career, like Jason Roberts etc.
I would love to see a TUFC player called up to play for his country at senior level while playing for the Gulls. Not muich chance with England but who know's with the others.
I would love to see us in the black every year with a healthy profit. (mind you I would like for my company to do that too)
I would love it to bits to see us have decent stands where you can get decent food and there would be enough people to make it profitable. I can't eat grease. and hate soggy chips . I would also like it to be affordable for a family
I would like to see us in league one on a regualr basis and even have forays into the championship
I would love to see us win the league both in league 2 and league 1
I would love it to little apples to see Exeter go near enough all the way to Wembley and fall at the last hurdle and for the team that beats them to be us.
I would love it (now into lala land) to win a major cup competition. ie league Cup or FA cup
I would love it to bits to get Bolton in the Johnsons paint trophy final at Wembley and this time beat them 4-1
I would love it to bits to eventualy get Manu in the 4th or 5th round and get a home draw and hold em 2-2 and then beat them at Old Trafford 2-0
I would laugh myself silly to see Exeter play em selves silly in a league match and through bad temper sillyness or whatever get 4 sent off and end up being trashed 11-0 by anyone we can think of who is the tiniest daftest team imaginable.
I would ove it to bits to see us the undisputed no.1 team not just in Devon but the South west and for the rest of the country ti finaly sit up and take notice of this regoin just because we have made them through really exciting football like we enjoyed with the great Leroy Rosenior
I would loooooovvvvee it to hear the old plainmoor roar again with 10,000 singing in unison right round the ground so load you can hear it on the sea front. (abbey sand sea front)
I would like to see a Torquay player or two make up the England team and score the winning goal in the World Cup
I have no real interest to see us in the Premier sluch fund. or in the Champions league unless many of this countries huge money teams fall from grace. The thought of us v Rochdale makes me really chuckle. now that would be a final. wonder who some of the other teams may have been in earlier rounds.
I would love it to bits to see sanity come back to our leagues/Country and for players to finaly show a bit of courage and loyalty and give something tangible back after all they took out. . I would also like to see players who show real talent and give a good 5 years to their founding club before moving on,. (The way I see it, if we have any players and or team develope like that as soon as they get somewhere we lose em and we get nowhere again)
And finaly I woule love it to bits to be able to get well. buy a ten year season ticket that i can afford and see us every match home and away. and complete the rest of my 92 grounds with The Gulls.
Up Up and away. onward and upward. keep on supporting and we will get there some day.
There now have i missed anything. oh I bet I have. come on guys beat that lot.
Oh and i love the new smileys!!! :lol:
:scarf: :scarf: :clap: :clap: :keepie: :keepie: :scarf: :scarf:
P.S. On the funny side I would like to see Paul Bastard take out a table, put a table cloth on it with silver cutlery and have a waiter serve him silver service with a Gourmet meal. and a bottle of his favourite chablis or whatever he likes without a steward chucking him out or him getting locked in the stadium or loo over night. :lol: (shadows of Cheltenham).
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
gulls_aloud
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by gulls_aloud »

I love this post to little apples - where did you get that marvellous expression, Glostergull?? :) this is just SUCH a good post
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Glostergull »

Fliipin eckkythump. I thought loads of you would know that expression. I learn't that in my school days and it's been in use for years and years. Maybe a Gloucestershire expression i don't know or maybe from The apple orchards. whatever. I love to get across the message with humour and encouraging words without resorting to profanity if at all possible.
finaly, thank you for the kind thoughts. You have truly reached my heart. :goal: :goal: :goal:
You ain't seen me at a match yet. Some have and some say I am the love child of Robin stubbs and Keren Brady. some say I have the feet of Pele and The Weston Donkey. all you know is that I am called Glostergull. or maybe you have!! ;-) :lol: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

Glostergull wrote: P.S. On the funny side I would like to see Paul Bastard take out a table, put a table cloth on it with silver cutlery and have a waiter serve him silver service with a Gourmet meal. and a bottle of his favourite chablis or whatever he likes without a steward chucking him out or him getting locked in the stadium or loo over night. :lol: (shadows of Cheltenham).
I knew he got locked in at Newport County in the FA Cup game, surely he didn't do it at Cheltenham as well?
devington
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by devington »

Simple - Have 'We are The Champions' played over the public address and for it to mean exactly that. (Don't care what league but just to see us left a championship trophy at Plainmoor)
yellow
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by yellow »

devington wrote:Simple - Have 'We are The Champions' played over the public address and for it to mean exactly that. (Don't care what league but just to see us left a championship trophy at Plainmoor)
Agree with Devs, but with the caveat that it is a league championship and not something tacky or unbecoming like the BSP <shudders at the thought>....
"A day without football is a day lost" (Ernst Happel)
"Look at the (Plainmoor) stars, Look how they shine for you, And everything you do, Yeah they were all yellow" (C. Martin)
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Glostergull »

surely he didn't do it at Cheltenham as well?
No he didn't get locked in any loo at Cheltenham. He did take out his dinner and put a little napkin on his lap and then proceed to eat his dinner with a knife and fork. Unfortunatly for him his knife and fork looked a little like it was made of metal and the stewards took exception to it and told him off in no uncertain terms threatening to take him out of the ground. He didn't like it much and argued a bit with them to the amusment of the gulls fans. I think the stewards hadn't realised their mistake untill too late and by then were too embarrased to back down. but it did look funny. This is also the match if My memory doesn't fail me when the opposing fans were baiting ours and most of the 500 or so Gulls fans just stood up and sang back. "Your just a bunch of Nit Wits". Non of the usual swearing or any nasty words at all. I almost expect one day we will sing back in Latin just to be a little posher. :clap: :clap: :clap: :lol:

Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

Joe Barlow with a drum that sounds like he is hitting a drum and not hitting a dead squirrel
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Awayday wrote:Joe Barlow with a drum that sounds like he is hitting a drum and not hitting a dead squirrel

:clap: :bow: :clap:
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

Awayday wrote:Joe Barlow with a drum that sounds like he is hitting a drum and not hitting a dead squirrel
That is one image I could've done without. So glad you said hitting though instead of another word associated with drumming, that would've been much worse =Z
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

I'd love to score the winning goal in an Exeter derby, but as I turn 21 my chances of playing for the Gulls grow thin...
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

RussianGull wrote:I'd love to score the winning goal in an Exeter derby, but as I turn 21 my chances of playing for the Gulls grow thin...
Speak for yourself - I'm 31 and keep expecting Buckle to call me (translatlantic!) and ask me to step on the hallowed turf.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

RussianGull wrote:I'd love to score the winning goal in an Exeter derby, but as I turn 21 my chances of playing for the Gulls grow thin...
Exeweb 0 - 1 Torquay Fans.com

Scorer : Russian Gull

MOTM : Russian Gull

:clap: :bow: :clap:
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"