Craig and Yeoman to Dorchester

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

DTFC_Tom wrote: Yeoman has been appalling throughout his loan spell, if he can't manage shit conference south level football then that says a lot.
He can't manage because he's playing on a ploughed field instead of a football pitch and is an out and out centre forward being played as a winger in the most talentless team I've ever had the misfortune to watch.
As much as it sounds like it, I'm not taking the piss. Yeoman and Craig are never going to excel when they're both being played totally out of position, on completely unmanageable surfaces and with players who simply don't do what a pro will be used to. Neither of them train with the Dorch squad, so they play blind having driven down on the day of the game. Add to this the idea that neither of them especially want to get injured by a Conference south level challenge and of course they look terrible.

Nothing against Dorch, I had fun there 10 days ago with some jolly friendly people, but the football was very, very poor and you could stick Ronaldo out there and he'd look like a park player.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
DTFC_Tom
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Neil Craig

Post by DTFC_Tom »

ferrarilover wrote: He can't manage because he's playing on a ploughed field instead of a football pitch and is an out and out centre forward being played as a winger in the most talentless team I've ever had the misfortune to watch.
As much as it sounds like it, I'm not taking the piss. Yeoman and Craig are never going to excel when they're both being played totally out of position, on completely unmanageable surfaces and with players who simply don't do what a pro will be used to. Neither of them train with the Dorch squad, so they play blind having driven down on the day of the game. Add to this the idea that neither of them especially want to get injured by a Conference south level challenge and of course they look terrible.

Nothing against Dorch, I had fun there 10 days ago with some jolly friendly people, but the football was very, very poor and you could stick Ronaldo out there and he'd look like a park player.

Matt.
Out of interest What were you expecting from a team with a wage budget of £1,200 a week, by comparison the average budget in CS is 7K with Eastleigh paying 20K. Not to mention any player with football league experience put on the transfer list because of a £160K historic debt.

Why should Yeoman be played up front? You said it yourself neither of them wanted to be injured by a 'conference south level' challenge.
Hardly suitable as a center forward in a team battling for survival.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

It was exactly what I was expecting. I knew you'd go in off the deep end, despite my pointedly stating that I wasn't talking the piss. He should be played up front because he's a centre forward. Why borrow a striker when you need a winger to complete your team? If I need two waitresses to complete the staff roster at my restaurant, it's **** all good my hiring a chef and doubly **** all good subsequently complaining about the poor job my waiting staff are doing.

Horses for courses.

Matt.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

It's lucky we don't take strikers on loan and play them on the wings isn't it?

Apart from Goodwin... and Azeez.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Two wrongs don't make a right. Bloody Azeez got two last night.

Matt.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

ferrarilover wrote:Two wrongs don't make a right. Bloody Azeez got two last night.

Matt.
Azeez a bit of a donkey, I was amazed by that. Typical, play like a cart horse for us, score two goals for another side. I thought he was utterly cr*p for us.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

DTFC_Tom wrote: Craig has been alright, but he has struggled on the appalling pitches he has had to play on.
Doesn't give the ball away too often but seems a bit weak in the tackle. Hard to properly comment on his abilities because of the difference in your average league 2 pitch and a conference south 'pitch'.

His set piece delivery has been very good through.
Good to get a perspective from an outside viewpoint - thanks. You have highlighted Nathan Craig's weakness - doesn't win many tackles. And yet one of our most successful midifielders, Alex Russell, was never renowned for his tackling. It's a bit of a puzzle - three managers have now played him and have obviously felt he doesn't quite have what it takes. Same, it seems, for Ashley Yeoman - a lot of us like him and Martin Ling once described him as the best finisher at the club, but it seems his all round play suggests he isn't going to make it as a league player. Pity. Good luck to Dorchester in their fight against relegation - we know what you're going through !!
Sunnysideup
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Manse

Post by Sunnysideup »

tomogull wrote:And yet one of our most successful midifielders, Alex Russell, was never renowned for his tackling.
I think your memory is playing up a bit. He had quick feet and was top notch at taking the ball off opponents without seeming to expend much effort, almost like a pickpocket.
Jase wasnt much of a tackler though.
Apathy Rules...............it's ok though, nobody's that fussed about it........
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Best of luck tomorrow be sure someone from the club will be watching you both I'd like to see you both back.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

According to David Thomas in this week's HE podcast both could be recalled after Dorchester's match against Bath tomorrow.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!