Joss Labadie

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
jonnyfive
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Gary Clayton

Post by jonnyfive »

ferrarilover wrote: Ladders f*** his mum. Twice.

What motive would Lads have to bite him? I've already mentioned the 'no smoke without fire' argument. It doesn't hold water, I'm afraid.

Matt.
Yes, we should definitely focus on motive. Because no guilt should ever be attached to amoral, irrational and antisocial actions otherwise.

It is acceptable for bored teenage hoodies to happy-slap a granny? "No motive: probably didn't happen."

I can't believe you make any pretence towards intellect.
"Also, stands aren't sentient."
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Spireite wrote: And what do you say to the photo of Banks' photo of the bite? Is that nonsense? Considering your earlier posts, I would suggest you would say yes: that's nonsense too. So, on that thought I'd be interested why you think Banks would 'tweet' such 'nonsense'?
If it can be proven beyond all doubt that Labadie bit Ollie Banks, then he should have the book thrown at him. However, neither the ref nor the linesman spotted anything otherwise he would have been red-carded. Presumably, all that will be in the ref's report is that Banks complained that he had been bitten. There is your grainy video clip which, frankly, proves nothing. Admittedly the club may have clearer video evidence. Chesterfield FC did not wish to take the issue further, preferring to leave it to the Torquay management to deal with which I hope and believe they would. In my opinion, that is where the issue should have stopped. It is only because a two-bit reporter working for a one-bit newspaper thought he had the scoop of the year that the F.A. have got involved. The evidence, as we understand it, is so weak that the FA is blowing it out of all proportion. And before you jump down my throat, no - I don't for one moment think biting can be excused in any way.

I'd just like to add, Spirerite, that your previous postings have been fair but to suggest the manager condones Labadie's behaviour by supporting him at the hearing is unfair and uncalled for. Any manager would support his players unless there was damning evidence against them. There isn't in this case.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by tomogull »

And another thing, Spireite - yes, Labadie, who has only been with us for a few games, is a combative midfielder. It's what we've been bliddy well missing all season ...... along with a couple of full backs and a couple of strikers :-/
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

While they pay players that they cant afford and are millions in debt but WTF they wlll carry on as if it doesn't matter because they are a northern proper club and will do what the feck they like.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

That's right J5, you keep missing the point entirely because you're too thick to keep up.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

tomogull wrote: If it can be proven beyond all doubt that Labadie bit Ollie Banks, then he should have the book thrown at him. However, neither the ref nor the linesman spotted anything otherwise he would have been red-carded. Presumably, all that will be in the ref's report is that Banks complained that he had been bitten. There is your grainy video clip which, frankly, proves nothing. Admittedly the club may have clearer video evidence. Chesterfield FC did not wish to take the issue further, preferring to leave it to the Torquay management to deal with which I hope and believe they would. In my opinion, that is where the issue should have stopped. It is only because a two-bit reporter working for a one-bit newspaper thought he had the scoop of the year that the F.A. have got involved. The evidence, as we understand it, is so weak that the FA is blowing it out of all proportion. And before you jump down my throat, no - I don't for one moment think biting can be excused in any way.

I'd just like to add, Spirerite, that your previous postings have been fair but to suggest the manager condones Labadie's behaviour by supporting him at the hearing is unfair and uncalled for. Any manager would support his players unless there was damning evidence against them. There isn't in this case.
What the referee or assistant referee saw is irrelevant. Time and time again, retrospective video evidence has condemned players for offences the referee missed, going right back to Paul Davis breaking Glenn Cockerill's jaw. The ref missed it, the TV cameras didn't and Davis was subject to a lengthy ban.

In the video clip, Labadie's head can clearly be seen at the body of the Chesterfield player at a similar height to a bite mark that appears on the Chesterfield player. I would imagine it is unlikely that the Chesterfield player is going to go on twitter and make it up that he has been bitten, when he hasn't.

To be fair, it is to the Chesterfield player and club's credit, that they are not the ones pursuing this. The blindly partial on here, would be urging TUFC to take action if the same had happened to our player.

However, I think there is enough evidence to suggest Labadie did bite the player and whilst I hope he didn't and I hope the charge comes to nothing, I will be amazed if this doesn't result in a lengthy ban for Labadie.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

suffered a bad challenge on him late on, guy falls over and kicks out studing him in the thigh, retrospectively should be a red card
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by tomogull »

Does anyone know if a date has been set by the F.A. for Labadie's hearing?
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by tomogull »

Ooo ...... er - thanks Taxilady. Interesting if he lodges an appeal (should the charge be upheld) he can continue playing. Maybe the appeal hearing would be delayed until the end of May (don't think we've got a smilie for tongue in cheek) ;-)
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

Banned for 10 games subject to appeal, available for cheltenham but misses last 10 games.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Just what we didn't need. Still if he's guilty then...
Looks like Saturday will be the last time we see him in a Torquay shirt. Let's hope he bows out with a hat-trick!
He makes our mid-field combative,can either Mansell or Harding do that?
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

If we appeal then perhaps he would be available for the Bury game? In which case we should appeal.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Thinking about mid-field options I'd put Hawley there. He's no longer a striker but he can get hold of the ball and be creative.
Don't expect everyone else to agree!
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Sadly, it wasn't a difficult decision for the FA to make and I feared he would get a lengthy ban. I have to say, I am surprised at the actual length of it and perhaps it has been set that long so an appeal reduces it to say 6 or 7 games but a stupid thing to have done and it has cost him and the club. I would consider recalling Craig, may as well have him in the squad at the very least.