I won't support/go matches if relegated

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.

If relegated will you:

Not renew season ticket
30%
Not attend matches at home
22%
Still renew season ticket if relegated
48%

Total votes: 46

Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

I've never bought a season ticket but I do attend home games and will continue to do so. Unfortunately there's no option for me to have a vote here..
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

The crux is what the situation is regarding the status of the team. We could have been home to Sheffield Utd instead we will be playing North Ferraby Utd or whatever their names is.
The difference in revenue,away fans,loss of derbies - its going to be catastrophic.
Would I pay the best part of £70 in petrol/entrance fee to watch us play village teams? - not a cat in hells chance.
The only reason I will set foot in Plainmoor next season is if we are in the top seven. Anything else and that is me done.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

I've made my feelings clear on another thread but I won't renew my season ticket if we go down. I'm lucky enough to have a job that takes me all over the midlands and south so this season, when working away, I've been to games at Selhurst Park, The Amex stadium, Stamford Bridge, the Britannia stadium and Wembley. I went to the Brighton v Hull cup tie a couple of weeks ago and it cost £21 including internet booking fee.

I'll still follow Torquay as they'll always be my club and will go to the occasional game but my levels of interest have died over the last couple of years.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

I won't be living in Torquay next year, at least during the season, so I doubt I'll be at many games anyway. That said I'll attend the odd away match if they're around my area.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
exiledgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Jarvis

Post by exiledgull »

Not going too well this Poll.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

I tell you what I'll do, hold your money, you don't want to pay that I'll give you one of these,,

If Torquay drop into the Conference there's not a cat in hells chance of me buying a season ticket.

If they survive I will buy a season ticket with not a cat in hells chance of attending half the games. I would willing do this out of respect for the commitment Thea has shown.

Fair?
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Dave_Pougher wrote:I tell you what I'll do, hold your money, you don't want to pay that I'll give you one of these,,
If Torquay drop into the Conference there's not a cat in hells chance of me buying a season ticket.
If they survive I will buy a season ticket with not a cat in hells chance of attending half the games. I would willing do this out of respect for the commitment Thea has shown.
Fair?
Confusing.. :-/
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

The only time a bought a season ticket was when we were in the conference.

I might buy one next season strangely enough, but only if

1. There is a clear out, and a major one!
2. There is a positive vibe going on
3. I am confident of keeping my job
TUST MEMBER
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Where do you work?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

At Torquay Utd.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

This vote is completely meaningless as it does not give an option for those who will not be buying a season ticket but will be attending matches.
samb
Trialist
Trialist

Post by samb »

I will still be getting a season ticket if relegated. I've just had a look at what happened to Scarborough and the like, they have gone completely. We are likely to get relegated, it will be a blow but we can recover. Other teams have come back from worse situations but generally the fans have stuck together.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

brooker wrote:At Torquay Utd.
You or Neal?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

I'll still be there. Doesn't matter what league were in I'll always support the team...Though preferably in the Football League obviously!
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

AlexGulls wrote:I'll still be there. Doesn't matter what league were in I'll always support the team...Though preferably in the Football League obviously!
:goodpost:
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!