TorquayFans.com Q&A: Eunan O'Kane

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Chris B
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Chris B »

Absolutely brilliant read, thanks Nick and Aggy! :-D

At a time when we all wonder why we bother with football, it's so pleasing to read how fondly a stalwart of the glorious 03/04 season looks back at his time as a Torquay player. They truly were the best of times. :scarf:
Last edited by Chris B on 24 Feb 2014, 12:11, edited 1 time in total.
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

thanks for that, interesting read! was a couple of years before I started watching! seems I've missed out on all the glory!
The gulls are going up
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Great stuff, thanks Nick for sorting that.

Do you think there is any chance of him coming out of retirement for one last swansong?

;-)

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

That was brilliant - thanks for organising that. How frustrating to think he would have come back, had we offered him something!!!! If only!
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Brilliant Nick thanks for organising that it was a great read. The 2003/2004 season was my second season following the Gulls and it was a great season, so many memories that will never be forgotten.

Is there going to be another from a different player in future? This is a great future.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Thanks for the comments and glad you like it! Danny we'll hopefully be doing another one soon (not sure who, mind!).
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

That was brilliant, really enjoyed that. Made me feel quite nostalgic and I am now pining for the sort of football and atmosphere we had then on matchdays. Loved the Leroy era, seems like a million years ago now. :'(

Aaaahhh memories!
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
knightmaregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by knightmaregull »

As brilliant as Russell was I'd agree with him on Davy graham. What an immense talent he was.

Someone like Sillsy would be great for part II of this. Would be great to get a feel for the Buckle era as seen behind the scenes. I've just finished Chris Todd's book which was very interesting and during another massively exciting time for the club. Well worth a read for anyone who's not done so (along with CH's book as well).

What strikes me from both the Buckle & Leroy regimes was the immense team spirit that we had. All the players seemed to be great mates and wanted to fight for each other. That's what gave us the edge over the bigger boys. At the moment they could be forgiven for not even knowing each others names given how often we ship young kids in and out and generally mix up the team. Our use of loan players (in and out) this year has been unbelievably crazy.

Nevertheless I'll never forget the Russell / Fowler / Graham / Kuffour times and Cheltenham away will always stand just behind Southend & Cambridge as one of my best days at a game and as the best football I've ever witnessed from TUFC.
yellow
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by yellow »

Ah the Aggmeister.

I’m welling up. Happy days.....
"A day without football is a day lost" (Ernst Happel)
"Look at the (Plainmoor) stars, Look how they shine for you, And everything you do, Yeah they were all yellow" (C. Martin)
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

That's a great article, top work guys.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Folks, next up is arguably our best outfield player since we returned to the FL in 2009, Eunan O'Kane.

Similar to Aggy, PM me with your questions and we'll pick the best ones and send them over!

:scarf:
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

Nick wrote:Folks, next up is arguably our best outfield player since we returned to the FL in 2009, Eunan O'Kane.

Similar to Aggy, PM me with your questions and we'll pick the best ones and send them over!

:scarf:
Loved it, great work Nick. I'll PM you my question.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Off to drown my sorrows now, remember to get your questions in for EoK so I can send them off next week!

Cheers.
sam_
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Angus MacDonald

Post by sam_ »

Eunan, gulls' fans were delighted when you rejected Crawley, but what was your thinking behind it?
We'll be back...
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Solid start - any more chaps? :scarf: