Burton Match-day Thread

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Full time and if anyone this time around says we still have a chance then they are living in a dreamworld. This time it really is all over. We don't even look like a league 2 team and now we have to win at least 3 to get out of the bottom two and hope none of the other teams pick up points. Then we have to win some more games. It's not going to happen, we took the gamble on Hargreaves and we lost. See you all at Braintree guys and gals!! :)
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

goodbye football league- again.......

whoever said that bury would be relegated on the relegation thread needs a brain scan..........
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

We were gone weeks if not months ago. We have a very bad squad of players who don't deserve to be in the football league. If crap like Hawley, Harding etc are still with us in the conference I ain't paying one f ing penny next season.
TUST MEMBER
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

AustrianAntheaGull wrote:Full time and if anyone this time around says we still have a chance then they are living in a dreamworld. This time it really is all over. We don't even look like a league 2 team and now we have to win at least 3 to get out of the bottom two and hope none of the other teams pick up points. Then we have to win some more games. It's not going to happen, we took the gamble on Hargreaves and we lost. See you all at Braintree guys and gals!! :)

wasnt much of a gamble.

said we were down as soon as I found out he was taking over.
pity he didnt go to ac - i bet knill is p155ing himself.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

Positives: We got a point against a team looking at a possible Play-Off finish.
We got a point!!

Negatives: Once again results went against us.

Sadly our home form is quite simply sh*t and we're going to need to dig deep now if we have any chance to survive. (Stating the obvious)

Hartlepool is a must win. Tonight's result has put a little (and I mean little) bit of faith we will survive. Anything less and then it's curtains. Forget Northampton, they will survive. it's the others we need to focus on.

I'll be at Hartlepool singing and supporting the club I love.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

We need title winning form with sh*t players who couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo and at the same time generally concede. That little concoction equals relegation. It's alright nicking a win here and there over the course of so many games but we need a win, followed by another and another just to get out of the bottom two. The game is up. I'll still be there on the terraces next season. Just get rid of as many players as we physically can apart from Pearce, Rice and Poke as they are all a total joke. Some of them have had 3 managers and yet still they have been totally f*cking useless for all three. They don't deserve to be putting food on the table tomorrow.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

In all fairness with the team we had out with players who havn't played for ages, and with half fit players on the bench - it wasn't the worst result in the world. We needed that free kick from Bodin to go in.
Its typical of Exeter though. Tisdale made five changes tonight. Played Parkin who is a complete donkey and hasnt featured since he played against us. He also included two reserves who havn't played all season.
Cheers for that you absolute ****.
I do think though that it was Saturdays result that knackered us not tonights. Why Hargreaves didn't bring Benyon on that game to run their right back and center half was beyond me.
Its got nothing to do with other teams winning - its completely irrelevant. One point out of six in two home games just isn't going to keep us up.
Can't really criticise the team tonight though.
chardie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Alan Little

Post by chardie »

I wasn't at the game but the commentary seemed to suggest a much better performance than at the weekend.

I'll be interested to hear the views from those fans at the game this evening.

14 games to go...
TUST No 278
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

brucie wrote:In all fairness with the team we had out with players who havn't played for ages, and with half fit players on the bench - it wasn't the worst result in the world. We needed that free kick from Bodin to go in.
Its typical of Exeter though. Tisdale made five changes tonight. Played Parkin who is a complete donkey and hasnt featured since he played against us. He also included two reserves who havn't played all season.
Cheers for that you absolute tw*t.
I do think though that it was Saturdays result that knackered us not tonights. Why Hargreaves didn't bring Benyon on that game to run their right back and center half was beyond me.
Its got nothing to do with other teams winning - its completely irrelevant. One point out of six in two home games just isn't going to keep us up.
Can't really criticise the team tonight though.
Despite our differences Brucie you are spot on with this and it was perhaps obvious to much of the crowd but not Hargreaves. There is no point in pointing the finger but it is decsions like this that could have made all the difference. There wasn't really any tactics or knowledge of the game needed to see that changing the strategy to this would be beneficial to us but the subs weren't made. It's spilled milk now and I've accepted it. We still have a glimmer but I'm happy now to put this season to bed and move on to next where we regroup and go again. Many won't but I can't give up on the club.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Well, we played better than we did on Saturday but wow, 7 points adrift! That is going to be a hell of a battle, another great escape is on the cards if we have any chance of staying up. As I said we played better and got a point against a side who are fighting for a play off spot, but we really needed to win that and it really annoyed me to see that the players looked like they once again didn't care. There was no urgency in the second half to go and get the winner, it looked like we were satisfied with a point. I have no idea how we will survive.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

It's called complacency, lethargy and apathy. Our players should have donated blood to get the winner but to hear that Danny it just makes me sigh. We've been had good and proper.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Scott Brehaut wrote: Not sure why I'm bothering, but f*** it:
Amazing, condradiction after condradiction, same old Brucie crap!
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

I will go next season but only if there is a clear out. Actually I would add Downes to that list above but that's all. I want the rest out.
TUST MEMBER
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Remember this is Torquay United. With 14 games to go we will go on an undefeated run of 10 games and on May 3rd beat Wycombe 5-4 in the 90th minute to escape relegation on goal difference of 1. When I can find the odds on us staying up I might have a small bet if I can get good odds. Never give up. History is littered with amazing come backs when all seemed lost.
Phipsy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Nico

Post by Phipsy »

Ok let's face it we are all but down.
Just got back from the match. Quite understandable only 1500 pr so there.
Much better performance tonight though.
Danny Stevens played well, Harding was a big improvement on Manse. Nico was solid all night.
Stockley was immense when he came on, never missed a header,hope he stays for rest of season.
Great goal from Benyon after superb cross from Harding.
Billy Bodin made an appearance and nearly scored in the last minute with free kick that missed by inches.
With that performance I fancy is to win at Hartlepool.