Looking from the outside

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
friendlygas
First Regular
First Regular

Looking from the outside

Post by friendlygas »

Sometimes it is easier to look in from the outside rather than comment on your own team. I must admit i thought after your win at Pompey that you would get out of this mess but whilst your last two results have done you no favours there are some strange coincidences Chesterfield 3 Torquay 1,Torquay 0 Accrington 1- Chesterfield 3 Bristol Rovers 1, Bristol Rovers 0 Accrington 1 and we had Burton on Friday night and I see you have them Tuesday. You have also played Northampton recently and we have them next saturday. Well we beat Burton on Friday and 4-0 would have been a fairer reflection of the play so DON'T give up on your status yet,they are beatable and if you could get that result then things will look a lot better. It sounds to me that there is a distinct lack of confidence around your club which is even more reason why you really need to create a hostile atmosphere for Tuesdays game and get behind your club.
I was really surprised at your appointment for the Managers position as thought you might try to get an experienced fire fighter in like Martin Allen who would have good contacts to get the sort of players you need to fight this battle. I agree with what a lot of you are saying about too many loanees- I have always felt this way when we have gone this route in that IMO loans should be for emergencies only and you should ensure that in the summer you get your own players for the season who should have the Club at heart. I have to say that both last season and this season John Ward has done us well with his loan signings. Your problems of course could be down to finances as we ,as supporters never know the true position and can only support the team the Manager puts out.
I very much hope that you can win this battle for league status as it is important for the South West to have as many league teams as possible. As I have said we have come back from the IDENTICAL results that you obtained against Chesterfield and Accrington and so maybe ,just maybe you can do the same as us and beat Burton which is possible. Keep the faith guys. Good Luck
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Thank you once again for the kind words FriendlyGas, one of the best visiting fans to our forum. Well you are called FRIENDLYgas =D

Onto the football, I appreciate there are points to play for, but we have been atrocious, actually worse than atrocious. The players have seemed to lost all hope and it just isn't working. For me, we're doomed.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
frenchgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tommy northcott

Post by frenchgull »

Torquay are now the antidote to anyone who is football mad,just follow Torquay and like me, now i can't be bothered to watch any football,perhaps they should be on the national health.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

4-0 would have been fairer in a match where you had three shots on target. Brilliant.

Burton won't be as bad against us as they were against you, you got lucky in catching them on a bad day. Well done and all that, but Burton'll beat us without really trying. Billy Kee is 1000 miles ahead of anything we can muster. He's nailed on for a goal and we wouldn't score if our FL status depended upon it (funny old thing).

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Trojan
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Poke

Post by Trojan »

frenchgull wrote:Torquay are now the antidote to anyone who is football mad,just follow Torquay and like me, now i can't be bothered to watch any football,perhaps they should be on the national health.
That was another poor performance yesterday! How many more second rate loan players do we have to endure!
I'm normally an optimist where the Gulls are concerned but am now resigned to conference football again.
No heart , no effort, no hope of avoiding the drop.
Please recall all the players we have out on loan NOW! Get rid of loanees. Have players that want to play for the badge, not a wage packet.
And please, please , please NEVER let Hawley wear our beloved shirt again........he is a joke!
friendlygas
First Regular
First Regular

Post by friendlygas »

I did say a fairer REFLECTION of play not of shots on or off target. There were two defo penaties,we had a goal disallowed and hit the post as well as a couple of outstanding saves by their keeper and quite a few goalmouth scrambles in the mud that did not actually result in a shot on target. In all honesty they were no better when they beat us 1-0 at their patch earlier in the season but that was not the point I was making. The point I was making was that they are as beatable Tuesday as they were friday night so there is no need to go into the game with no hope. There is always hope and that is the great thing about football. You may perform like you did at Wimbledon or Pompey and it only needs a break to go your way,just look at Wycombe beating Chesterfield on Saturday or Mansfield beating Fleetwood. 1 win and you are back in the mix. As Jimmy Greaves famously siad "Its a funny old game" so KEEP FAITH.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

friendlygas wrote:I did say a fairer REFLECTION of play not of shots on or off target. There were two defo penaties,we had a goal disallowed and hit the post as well as a couple of outstanding saves by their keeper and quite a few goalmouth scrambles in the mud that did not actually result in a shot on target. In all honesty they were no better when they beat us 1-0 at their patch earlier in the season but that was not the point I was making. The point I was making was that they are as beatable Tuesday as they were friday night so there is no need to go into the game with no hope. There is always hope and that is the great thing about football. You may perform like you did at Wimbledon or Pompey and it only needs a break to go your way,just look at Wycombe beating Chesterfield on Saturday or Mansfield beating Fleetwood. 1 win and you are back in the mix. As Jimmy Greaves famously siad "Its a funny old game" so KEEP FAITH.
oh its funny all right FG - but I dont think you will find many wetting themselves laughing on here.....
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

friendlygas
First Regular
First Regular

Post by friendlygas »

Not meant the way you have taken it! I know EXACTLY how you are feeling..we were in a very similar position last season and have not been too muc h out of it this season!
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

friendlygas wrote:Not meant the way you have taken it! I know EXACTLY how you are feeling..we were in a very similar position last season and have not been too muc h out of it this season!
I know mate I was just pulling your chain!! =D
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

Sometimes I wish I was only looking from the outside...
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Friendlygas - your Accrington pre-match post was spot on - the longer the game remained at 0 - 0, the more likely it was that Accy would grab a winner (or words to that effect). A win on Tuesday night against Burton would give us hope of course, but Chris Hargreaves has got to somehow inject more commitment and determination than we saw on Saturday. Looks as if Rovers are clawing their way to safety - thanks for your good wishes.