Look at the Facts...

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Mysonjackg
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Look at the Facts...

Post by Mysonjackg »

Okay

So I am putting myself up to be shot down in flames,,,,,

15 games to go this season - that's 45 points!

Chris Hargreaves has had 6 games in charge as a manager. Won 2 and lost 4 is hardly setting the world on fire. So that's' 6 out of a possible 18 or 1 point a game...

An analysis of his character - what sort of guy do we think he is? Is he the sort if guy who doesn't give a s@@@t? - I would hazard a guess and say that most of us who have a modicum of intelligence or indeed know anything about our club would say - of couse not, he cares.

An analysis of the team - do they give a damn?

Poke - Don't know the guy, but I would be amazed to think he doesn't care
Tonge - cant comment - don't mean that as detrimental. Just can't really comment
Nicholson - Whatever you say, can't imagine he doesnt care
Pearce - Looks like the kind of guy that would battle for the cause
O'Connor - Ditto
Labadie - Young, but Ditto
Mansell - Whatever you think of his abilities, this can never be called into question
Chappell - Not sure, but his career is on the line. So would say he cares - especially if he is played in his best position!!
Goodwin - How much does it matter to him in all honesty?
Hawley - have a sneaking suspicion he is the model professional in training but does it really mean anything to him on matchday?
Wilkinson - As per Goodwin.

Subs

Stevens - What ever you think of him, I reckon now is the time to let him prove how much he loves Torquay and his career!
Benyon - Has not shown enough for me. Would have him in the same category as Stevens, but think he has had his chance now
O'Brien - As per Goodwin, Wilkinson et al
Cruise - Sadly, has not proved the long term replacement for Nicholson
Downes - Has to come back in now
Rice - WIll never be as good as Poke, no matter how hard he tries
Harding - Not liked or trusted earlier in the season - worth a try now?

Others

Lathrope - average? will never be anything more
Craig - Has something but what exactly?
Thompson - Loads of pace. Perhaps worth another try?
Yeoman - As per Craig?
Cameron - As per Yeoman, Craig.....
Bodin - Lots of quality. Must come back on when fit
Stockley - not sure? Feels a bit like playing Andy Flintoff up front, but doesn't seem to be able to head the ball so well?

Anybody else I have forgotton - As per Lathrope.....

The point is, we are where we are.... And Let's face it we are not very good. We are not dreadful, just not very good. If we had a goalscorer up front we would not be so bad and actually may be mid table ish.. The point is we have what we have and we need to do the best with what we have got.

SO WHAT DO WE DO NOW??

This is the time where Chris Hargreaves will prove whether or not he has the potential to be a good manager or not! He has had 6 games to cut his teeth, weigh up the team or whatever else you want to call it. He has what he has and now needs to make the best out of it. He will realise that he doesn't have a whole load of talent. But, he has some good hard working honest individuals i.e. Pearce, Downes, O'Connor for example from which to build a team around. The biggest problem he has is up front. Some how he needs to find a combination that will score home some goals. I thinks he has 2 talented individuals in Bodin and Chappell who could be the answer to our problem if they are both given the freedom to operate behind a hold up striker/front man. Both can score goals if they are given the backing of the manager and are played in the right position. We just need someone to play that front man / target man role for these 2 to play off. Marquis would have been ideal, but he has gone. Without him, who knows? This may sound bizarre, but we could do worse then playing someone like Downes up there or even Pearce? Someone who can head the ball and hold up the ball for these two to run onto?

We are in dire straits and now calls for the time to be a little intuitive. I remember a long time ago we played a big centre half by the name of Matt Eliott up front alongside a young centre forward by the name of Jimmy Smith. We hammered the opposition 4-0! Look what happened to Matt Elliott after that. We need to look at something similar now to survive...

Its all hands to the pump, and most importantly it will be those that really care about TUFC that are on the pitch. We as supporters also have a very important role to play

STARTS TUESDAY by the way.............

7.45 Plainmoor, Be there.....
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

I can't see a single **** fact in any of that.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Mysonjackg
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Mysonjackg »

Ha!

If I was a betting man I would have had a few quid on such a response from you
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Well done you, you should be beaming with pride.

I'll not sure why you'd name a thread "FACTS!!!!!!", then not post any facts. Might as well call it "toast", because there's no warm bread in here either. Strange behaviour.

Matt.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Thats the most **** ridiculous thread I have ever seen. Congratulations you have surpassed some idiots to achieve that award.
Stevens loves the club and his career. Thank god for that - he was absolutely brilliant today.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

ferrarilover wrote:I can't see a single **** fact in any of that.

Matt.
Yes there is.

15 games that's 45 points.

That, my Italian car loving friend, is a fact.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Hers is another fact - we are going down., Its all over.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Mysonjackg wrote: 15 games to go this season - that's 45 points!

Chris Hargreaves has had 6 games in charge as a manager. Won 2 and lost 4 is hardly setting the world on fire. So that's' 6 out of a possible 18 or 1 point a game...
The point is, we are where we are.... And Let's face it we are not very good.

He has had 6 games to cut his teeth, weigh up the team or whatever else you want to call it.
We are in dire straits and now calls for the time to be a little intuitive. I remember a long time ago we played a big centre half by the name of Matt Eliott up front alongside a young centre forward by the name of Jimmy Smith. We hammered the opposition 4-0!

STARTS TUESDAY by the way.............

7.45 Plainmoor, Be there.....
All the above is fact.

;-)

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

the only fact is that we are going down.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Barely half of that is fact, but this is becoming tedious already. Agree with Tezza. If the OP really must voice his deeply unoriginal opinion, there are plenty of pre-existing, appropriately titled threads in which he could have offered them.

Matt.

Supes, you did that deliberately.
Last edited by ferrarilover on 22 Feb 2014, 23:53, edited 1 time in total.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

The fact is we are still in this. We aren't down yet.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Mysonjackg
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Mysonjackg »

Thanks Ferrarilover for your anticipated response. As stated in my original post, some of you may shoot me down in flames. Well, I have been put to the matt and brucie firing squad!

Anyway, not to be put off, I'll try again.

The point of the post was to say that despite how bad things appear, we can still make a difference as fans of our club. Lets face it, it looks a tough task. But, if I posted saying we are doomed, we are sh@t,.what is the point?

I have supported this team for the last 36 years and dont intend giv
ing up yet. Whether you deem my post to be entitled correctly or not, I couldn't care to be honest. Why not use this forum as a vehicle of positive support for the team? If not what is the point.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Could happily have posted that very boring thought in any one of about 5 other threads. I could have happily ignored it and you wouldn't have had to bother with all the bullshit about "facts". **** silly thread from which I shall withdraw, lest I nod off reading it.

Matt.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Because we cannot make any difference at all. There is zero atmosphere at the ground. It is actually the worst atmosphere I have experienced in 50 years of going to Plainmoor.
The reason for this is that the fans know that we will lose every game. There is nothing to cheer. Like today - you just sit there fearing the inevitable and waiting for the opposition to eventually score a goal and win the game.
Fair play to you for not giving up but I won't be making the 150 mile round trip on Tuesday night. We are relegation certainties. The final nail went in the coffin today I'm afraid.
This team is on a par with that of the Chris Roberts era. Thats how bad it is and that is why we are going down.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Mysonjackg wrote:Thanks Ferrarilover for your anticipated response. As stated in my original post, some of you may shoot me down in flames. Well, I have been put to the matt and brucie firing squad!

Anyway, not to be put off, I'll try again.

The point of the post was to say that despite how bad things appear, we can still make a difference as fans of our club. Lets face it, it looks a tough task. But, if I posted saying we are doomed, we are sh@t,.what is the point?

I have supported this team for the last 36 years and dont intend giv
ing up yet. Whether you deem my post to be entitled correctly or not, I couldn't care to be honest. Why not use this forum as a vehicle of positive support for the team? If not what is the point.
:-D
Half of your posting - the assessment of the players - are not facts. They are opinions - YOUR opinions. And I disagree strongly with several of your opinions. Yes - we have 45 points to play for and somehow we must try to stay positive but we need a minimum of 23 points to stay up and after today's gutless performance, can you see where we're going to get half of the points available? I'm beggered if I can !