Who still has faith?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.

Who still has faith we will stay up?

We will stay up
17%
We will go down
83%

Total votes: 66

Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

ferrarilover wrote:You all know my record of attendance over the last few years and I'm seriously considering not bothering on Tuesday.

Matt.
Yep I'm with you on that one. I usually have to travel back from work somewhere in the country for our Tuesday nights games and right now, I can't be bothered.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

ferrarilover wrote:You all know my record of attendance over the last few years and I'm seriously considering not bothering on Tuesday. Matt.
Matt - that's exactly how I feel right now, but you know what ? We'll both be there ......
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

Anyones view changed after tonight?
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Yeah, Alan Knill's. The total f*ckwit.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

tktufc91 wrote:Anyones view changed after tonight?
No - sadly, that is it.

We're not going to claw back 8 pts in 14 games.
leetufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by leetufc »

Too much to do now. Unfortunately we are heading for the conference. I think it is time for Hargreaves to start deciding who he wants to keep for next season - maybe blood a few of the youngsters (Craig, Yeoman, Thompson, Sullivan etc) to see whether they will sink or swim.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

tomogull wrote: Matt - that's exactly how I feel right now, but you know what ? We'll both be there ......
Well Matt - were you there ?? Yep - so was I !!! :nod:
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

It's all very depressing but it's nice to see Mr Knill doing so well at Northampton. Six points behind us when he joined them and now they are two points ahead. Always nice to see ex-Torquay people do well.

In fact a glance around the football scene shows many ex-Torquay personnel doing well, and really that has always been the way.

Perhaps as a player or manager it's what they all want to be. Ex-Torquay ;-)
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by Forest gull »

I've voted for staying up, based solely on dreaming for another great escape, and the signing of big Enoch.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

tomogull wrote: Well Matt - were you there ?? Yep - so was I !!! :nod:
I know, daft innit? They reckon Crystal Meth is the most addictive thing going, but you and I both know that's bollocks...

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

stefano wrote:It's all very depressing but it's nice to see Mr Knill doing so well at Northampton. Six points behind us when he joined them and now they are two points ahead. Always nice to see ex-Torquay people do well.

In fact a glance around the football scene shows many ex-Torquay personnel doing well, and really that has always been the way.

Perhaps as a player or manager it's what they all want to be. Ex-Torquay ;-)
Is it nice to see? This 'nice to see' means we are in a worse predicament and it is one of Alan Knill's making. What a shame that -this manager you think is doing so well - couldn't do it when he was here and instead is the architect of our demise.

Anyway - I suspect it has more to do with Chris Wilder at Northampton, than Alan Knill.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

hector wrote: Is it nice to see? This 'nice to see' means we are in a worse predicament and it is one of Alan Knill's making. What a shame that -this manager you think is doing so well - couldn't do it when he was here and instead is the architect of our demise.

Anyway - I suspect it has more to do with Chris Wilder at Northampton, than Alan Knill.
Oh dear Mr Hector you are just so predictable! The post was a little Bondish in that it was For Your Eyes Only and I can celebrate as you have won me a fiver for getting your reply virtually word for word correct.

FACT
Last 5 games under Mr Knill 7 points .... good enough to stay up.
Our last 5 games 4 points .... not good enough to stay up.

I have just about got to the stage where I am going to hold you personally responsible for our relegation to the Conference for leading the Anti-Knill Brigade.

You are though absolutely right about Chris Wilder. A very experienced manager and a good judge of people in the world of football. On taking on the seemingly impossible job of getting Northampton off the bottom of the table he looked around for somebody with the skills and experience to help him do it. He chose Mr Knill. It seems his judgement was sound as Northampton have turned around 8 points on us in the last 5 weeks.

I am sure you are a really nice bloke Mr Hector, but in football matters I confess that I would prefer to back the judgement of Mr Wilder. ;-)
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

I certainly haven't given up hope yet.
Have seen many Torquay miracles to stay up over the years and this could yet be another.
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

We are doomed. Good point against Burton, you think we might have turned the corner, then we go to Hartlepool, and at time of writing, we lose 3-0. Not gonna be good enough, I'm afraid.
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

Anybody's views changed? What a win!!
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!