Accrington Match day thread

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

tktufc91 wrote:Today is the day I've lost faith that we will stay up. That sounded dreadful. Can't score, can't keep a clean sheet, can't win at home = relegation.

Sad thing is I'm making the trip to Hartlepool next week and even this defeat won't put me off.
:bow: :clap:

i admire you mate. i was going, but after that i dont think i will be.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

HeavenAndHele
First Regular
First Regular

Post by HeavenAndHele »

Just got in - truly, truly dire. I haven't read the whole of this thread but I agree with the last few posters that the Conference is inevitable on the strength of today. Hopeless.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

according to the BBC, we had 6 and they only had 2 shots on target - one of which went in.

f**kin unbelievable.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024

TUST Member 468

tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: :bow: :clap:

i admire you mate. i was going, but after that i dont think i will be.
Always try to do a long northern game a season'. Hotels paid for and can't get money back so might as well make the most of it. Could be one of the last football league games I see.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Time to get on Football Manager and show the Torquay board how it's done...
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
yeovilgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by yeovilgull »

Why oh why do we persist with a striker who can't score. All I can say is Hawley must do something very special in training during the week. It sounded like he did some good work around the pitch but not where it matters and for what he's paid for.
I'd go for Shamir and Wilkinson up front Tuesday. Is Labadie now suspended?
This is the first time this season I've really felt like all hope is gone. I know we've had great escapes in the past but I really can't see us doing it this time and can honestly see this season just fizzling out from now on as we wait for the inevitable. Just hope I'm wrong.
yeovilgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by yeovilgull »

SuperNickyWroe wrote:according to the BBC, we had 6 and they only had 2 shots on target - one of which went in.

f**kin unbelievable.
Come on Super. It's been happening all season. How can you not believe it today!! :-/
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Two sides who would get annihilated by Tiverton Town reserves. Any side who gets beaten by either should be docked 50 points.

The dive/penno, who saw what? My view was obstructed.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Mattpuma
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by Mattpuma »

Do we actually do anything in training? Before the game we are still doing the same warmup as under Knill. Aimless stuff. The match was a shambles, no guts or ability shown. Laughably Dean Edwards asks the fans to get 3 points for the lads at half time. NO Dean they are PAID to get US the 3 points. The general air of the squad is disinterest and acceptance of defeat. Where are the big tackles, the lung busting runs, even just a completed pass. We are going down without a fight.
Bringing on the hopeless Stevens in central midfield instead of Harding beggars belief. Result: he touched the ball once!
Hats off to Krystian Pearce today as he was head and shoulders above the rest. I suggest we make him captain straight away and get some spirit in the team.
A truly appalling performance today against a bunch of no hopers and we still allow them to win. I am angry.
Tust member 191
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

yeovilgull wrote: Come on Super. It's been happening all season. How can you not believe it today!! :-/
true. :-/

TUST Member 468

Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Appalling football from 2 appalling teams. But we were the home team remember.

Hawley terrible amnd has been in every game Ive seen. Wilkinson also poor, did do 2 or 3 nice turns with average shots but thats about it, not good enough.

Why bring on Stevens (who I like by the way and stick him in midfield). HE IS A WINGER!, but on that pitch no hope so very bad decision. Should have gone route one with Downes up front for the last 10 minutes.

Its been said many times over the years, but this is one of the worst set of players we have ever had. YES YES YES The Web era was worse.

Thats the last game for me this year, cant justify travelling from Hampshire and spending my time and money on this team. But will be there in the conference!
TUST MEMBER
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Ahahahahahaha, we've got 85 forwards and we want to stick a centre back up top to rescue a point, at home, against Accrington **** Stanley. Ahahahahahahahahahaha!

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Yes becuase there all CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
TUST MEMBER
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

NOT CRAP F*CKIING CRAP to mirror youjr language!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TUST MEMBER
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse, it does. There are no words to describe how bad we were today, we are truly doomed and will be relegated this year, no doubt. It hasn't got any better since Knill left and the dream homecoming of Chris Hargreaves is turning into a nightmare. I can't put the blame fully on Greavsie because the players are dreadful, but it would be a great shame if the man who scored one of the winning goals at Wembley to get us out of the Conference, was to be the manager when we get relegated. It's depressing being a TUFC fan.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.