Transfer Window

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Lord_Torquay10
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Lord_Torquay10 »

Anymore news on Enoch Showunmi? Has Mozika definitely gone? Any other names in the frame?
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

teeboo, and roadrunner, give us some hope!
The gulls are going up
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Enoch Showunmi played and scored a good goal for Notts County yesterday, do we have more chance of signing Enoch Powell?
Formerly known as forevertufc
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by gullno4 »

John Akinde playing for Alfreton town? would like to see what he can do, as back when he was at ebbsfleet we couldn't handle him, and I can't imagine he's got worse. also, Shaun harrad has seemed a pretty handy player when he has played against us, he is now a free agent I think. wouldn't be dissapointed to see either of those sign for us!
The gulls are going up
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

gullno4 wrote:John Akinde playing for Alfreton town? would like to see what he can do, as back when he was at ebbsfleet we couldn't handle him, and I can't imagine he's got worse. also, Shaun harrad has seemed a pretty handy player when he has played against us, he is now a free agent I think. wouldn't be dissapointed to see either of those sign for us!
I am sure Chris Hargreaves will know all about Jon Akinde! He was out muscled by him, leading to Akinde scoring a goal for Ebbsfleet in a 2-0 win at Plainmoor whilst Paul Buckle briefly (very briefly as it turned out!) experimented with playing Hargreaves as a centre half in our promotion winning season. Never again! :goal:

As for Shaun Harrad, he has certainly enjoyed playing against us in the past, scored a few against us over the years, including one in a 3-2 win at Plainmoor for Burton Albion in what turned out to be a certain player's last ever game in a Torquay shirt, before a move to Oxford United. Yep, it was indeed Chris Hargreaves. :goal:

Harrad, rather surprisingly in my opinion will now be playing back in the Conference Premier, he has found himself a new club already ...... Alfreton Town, same as Akinde.
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by gullno4 »

thought I read the two names together! shocked they're both playing down there!
The gulls are going up
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

I mentioned Akinde months ago as a decent option. His career hasn't perhaps taken off the way it might have done, but he's got plenty of quality at this level. And if Harrad is heading to Alfreton, perhaps it's because someone else is leaving...?
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Lord_Torquay10 wrote:Anymore news on Enoch Showunmi? Has Mozika definitely gone? Any other names in the frame?
Do you only ignore me, or is it other people as well?

DM, as I've said on 20 different threads now, is gone. I can't be arsed to retell the story, you'll find it if you're interested.

Loadsa names, we're going to be linked with plenty given the circumstances. Plenty is happening, but no solid news of a signing. Given F'rev's post, it seems Showumni has been tempted by the lure of relegation from L1-L2, which is fair enough. We've been chasing him since before Fat Boy departed for the giddy heights of Burton Albion, so if he hasn't come by now, he never will. Still, that's football.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Callum Ball now on loan at Notts County scored the winning goal yesterday. If he starts scoring regularly it will remind me of Ashley Barnes!!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

To be fair portugull, there is a massive difference between Ashley Barnes and Callum Ball, Ashley Barnes simply didn't want to be here, clearly on the pitch didn't give a monkeys chuff for us during his loan spell or his profession.

When Callum Ball was here on loan, there was nothing wrong with his effort and application, Ball was hindered by a set up that often left him isolated and service from the midfield that was utter rubbish. I said at the time Callum Ball was a capable goal scorer, and one day would make a name for him self at a higher level than league 2.

And oh, how some laughed at me. Already on the score sheet for a struggling league 1 side.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

forevertufc wrote:To be fair portugull, there is a massive difference between Ashley Barnes and Callum Ball, Ashley Barnes simply didn't want to be here, clearly on the pitch didn't give a monkeys chuff for us during his loan spell or his profession.

When Callum Ball was here on loan, there was nothing wrong with his effort and application, Ball was hindered by a set up that often left him isolated and service from the midfield that was utter rubbish. I said at the time Callum Ball was a capable goal scorer, and one day would make a name for him self at a higher level than league 2.

And oh, how some laughed at me. Already on the score sheet for a struggling league 1 side.
Not me - I liked Ball. You could just tell by the finishing training in the pre-match warm up he was a cut above what we have. Just not the target man some thought he would be any in all honesty goal scoring chances provided to him was at a minimal when he was here.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Lord_Torquay10
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Lord_Torquay10 »

Any other names being mentioned?
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

According to the oh so reliable Football Rumours website Jake Hyde has been linked again.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

PhilGull wrote:According to the oh so reliable Football Rumours website Jake Hyde has been linked again.
Very unlikely as he would require a fee no doubt.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

ferrarilover wrote: Do you only ignore me, or is it other people as well?

DM, as I've said on 20 different threads now, is gone. I can't be arsed to retell the story, you'll find it if you're interested. Matt.
How could we possibly ignore you, Matt ?? :-/ I know you've told us DM has gone, but do you know where he's gone? I don't think you (or anyone else) has posted that info but if you have on another thread, apologies - please make allowance for bad memory arising from senility !! :whistle: