Northampton Game OFF

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

brucie wrote:Why are they having a pitch inspection at nine and another one at ten. Every forecast I have seen gives rain until around late afternoon and then its drying up. Really with that scenario the game hasn't got a hope surely?
Maybe to see wether the pitch can take the incoming rain and if it can than the game can go ahead
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

My own view would be that you would be mad to travel any long distance for this. I doubt whether I would even bother now even leaving it as late as 1315 (which is the latest I could leave) - even if its not called off soon, its got late postponement written all over it.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

So what is the weather actualy doing down there at the moment?
yeovilgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by yeovilgull »

brucie wrote:Why are they having a pitch inspection at nine and another one at ten. Every forecast I have seen gives rain until around late afternoon and then its drying up. Really with that scenario the game hasn't got a hope surely?
The fact they didn't call it off at the earlier inspection must mean there is some hope. Presumably the ground staff are there and working on it and the ref is giving them an opportunity to make it playable as presumably it's very marginal at the moment..
Given my appalling track record of traveling down for games that get called off I tend to agree with Brucie though that it will be called off.
yeovilgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by yeovilgull »

The fact they didn't call it off at the earlier inspection must mean there is some hope. Presumably the ground staff are there and working on it and the ref is giving them an opportunity to make it playable as presumably it's very marginal at the moment..
Given my appalling track record of traveling down for games that get called off I tend to agree with Brucie though that it will be called off.
Mattpuma
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by Mattpuma »

Not raining at the moment but grey overhead.
Tust member 191
Mattpuma
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by Mattpuma »

Scratch that its now raining but not heavily. Think there will be showers all day.
Tust member 191
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

10am inspection on OS

Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

It's drying up here and the sun is peeping through, but it also looks cloudy and showery. A short period of rain is forecast for lunchtime/early afternoon, and dry thereafter. But BBC Torquay weather forecasts are quite unreliable. So I forecast a midday pitch inspection, after which the game will be declared on. Just like the Morecambe game, but somewhat more of a mudbath. The afternoon will be dryish with the threat of an occasional light shower..
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I forecast it won't be on. It cannot be more of a mudbath than it was against Morecambe as the pitch was barely playable on the bench side of the pitch down the away end.
If there was no rain between now and kick off it might be on but you could be right - a quarter past two postpnement and alot of pissed off people!
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

So Brucie, you reckon it'll be on...?
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Be absolutely gobsmacked if its on - got a carload of five people ready and waiting. Hargreaves first home game in charge. and a genuine twelve pointer. Its either that or stay home and clean the house this afternoon. What do you think I'd rather do?
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Game OFF. On Sky Sports News.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

never a hope in hell in would be on but a massive disappointment just the same.
Last edited by brucie on 18 Jan 2014, 10:12, edited 1 time in total.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Let's hope the oxford game goes ahead, can't go 3weeks without a game!