Predicted first starting 11 for Hargreaves

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Spoke with Cruise last Saturday and he seemed to think then that he was out injured for at least two weeks. If true then Nico keeps his place.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Kit_robin wrote: For actual signings it is 12 noon the day before.

For all loans it is either:
For weekday matches - 3 hours before kick off
For weekend matches - the earlier of 12 noon THE DAY OF THE GAME or 3 hours before kick off.
Ah yes, looking at that second stipulation I can now see the word "loan" in there!!

As I said, I was skim reading it in my lunch break and didn't see the word loan.

Thanks for that KR

:)

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Fonda wrote:Poke
Cruise
Downes
Pearce
O'Connor
Bodin
Labadie
Mozika
Chappell
Benyon
Stockley

Is what I'd do (not what Greavsie will do).

EDIT: In reality that's probably took expansive away from home. Swap Stockley for Manse and make it 4-3-3.
Same personnel as Fonda, bar Lathrope instead of Benyon in my 4-5-1/4-3-3 line up. Won't happen. Not seen anything official on Cruise injury, though if Cooper has come in on time, left back will be sorted. Although I could see Hargreaves putting Cooper in at right back and Downes being dropped for O'Connor. Quite looking forward to finding out at the match tomorrow.

I believe Mozika may have left the building, though.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

brucie wrote:If he goes with Mansell and Nico at full backs then I will actually give up going. Personally I would go along the lines of Harrop's team last week. I would make two changes - Cruise for Nicholson and Mozika for Lathrope - just think Mozika's got a bit more to his game.
I actually think that Hawley did ok with Benyon last week and deserves another chance. Stockley can come on later in the game.
I'd join you in exile if he played Manse at RB. Why do people persist with this madness? Would you play Scholes at RB? Lampard? Messi? Ronaldo? No, of course not, so why suggest Manse for RB?

Harrop's team battered the shit out of Morecambe last week, I really don't see the need to make any alterations to it, beyond removing an Evo-Stik level striker and replacing him with a Championship level equivalent. If it all goes the way of the pear, then consider making some subs at HT to change the shape.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Let's not pre-judge anything. Best to wait until we see the actual team selection. Trust in Knill.. Sorry.. Christ.. Hargreaves.. :Oops:
yellowman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by yellowman »

isnt Downes suspended think it was his 5th yellow last week
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Scott Brehaut wrote: interpret 41.3.1 and 41.3.2 - blowed if I can

41.3.1 and 41.3.2 makes sense when it's laid out properly.

4-1-3-1 appears to be one outfield player short, whereas 4-1-3-2 appears to be a well thought out formation.

;-)
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

No, Downer not suspended.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
yellowman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by yellowman »

[quote="ferrarilover"]No, Downer not suspended.

ok thanks
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Oh When will you learn Brucie. Always looking for an excuse to not turn up. :@ :devil: :red: >:( We have a new manager and you are critisising something that hasn't happened and no football has actually been played yet. I know in my heart that if Fergie came out of retirement to manage us and signed Messi plus Ronaldo. Plus Rooney. Plus Lambert. plus plus plus. You would still manage to find something to moan about.
Go on, There's a good chap. If you have to moan about something, Have a go at our refreshments at Plainmoor. Utterly rubbish food and worth a moan. Maybe they will listen to you. (not if they have seen what you write on here). :red: :slap:
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Glostergull wrote:Oh When will you learn Brucie. Always looking for an excuse to not turn up. :@ :devil: :red: >:( We have a new manager and you are critisising something that hasn't happened and no football has actually been played yet. I know in my heart that if Fergie came out of retirement to manage us and signed Messi plus Ronaldo. Plus Rooney. Plus Lambert. plus plus plus. You would still manage to find something to moan about.
Go on, There's a good chap. If you have to moan about something, Have a go at our refreshments at Plainmoor. Utterly rubbish food and worth a moan. Maybe they will listen to you. (not if they have seen what you write on here). :red: :slap:
I love that Lambert is in this company! It's stretching it to have Rooney in there, but Ricky Lambert!? :clap:
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
JamieE
First Regular
First Regular

Post by JamieE »

Poke

O'Connor
Pearce
Downes
Nico

Chapell
Mansell
Labadie
Bodin

Benyon
Stockley

Rice
Tonge
Lathrope
Craig
Yeoman
Hawley
Goodwin

I reckon
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Learn what exactly? - I don't need an excuse to go or not to go. Signing a striker who has been playing for Tonbridge Angels and another striker in Stockley (who also looks pretty raw) and getting rid of Mozika who has been one of our better players of late would not encourage me to drive 400 miles.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

brucie wrote:If he goes with Mansell and Nico at full backs then I will actually give up going. Personally I would go along the lines of Harrop's team last week. I would make two changes - Cruise for Nicholson and Mozika for Lathrope - just think Mozika's got a bit more to his game.
I actually think that Hawley did ok with Benyon last week and deserves another chance. Stockley can come on later in the game.
After last week's performance, there is no way Lathrope should lose his place.