Ideas for Mr Candy

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

yes please andrew, cross bar challenge
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Much more GILBERT, please.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

It is quite clear now that the ticketing issue (i.e. for the 5 all-tickets games) is serious and needs addressing. Posters on this site seem to be in agreement that it isn't working. The crux of the matter is this: TUFC is losing hundreds of supporters and tens of thousands of pounds because of this. It's no good sitting back and saying 'the police this...and the police that....' The police do NOT run the club. As this thread is titled 'Ideas for Mr. Candy' and as the said Mr. Candy is designated 'Chief Executive' it is up to HIM to get a grip of this issue. At present it simply won't do. It's just not good enough. So, if you want the extra income that 'chance' supporters bring if they decide on the spur-of-the-moment to turn up on the day (and many do) then this self-defeating (and self-lacerating) policy has got to be abandoned. Also, it's no good saying that nothing can be done; something MUST be done.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Maybe look at trying something new for the Christmas games in future, especially as during this period we tend to be playing local-ish teams anyway and perhaps this period is the time we can make a few extra quid from people looking for something to do over Christmas. However I don't feel that it is big problem in other all ticket games in normal months because we aren't likely to attract many more 'on the day' punters IMO. By all means try something new for next year at Christmas Andrew and maybe it will work better and we will get in some more cash for a game or two (that is really all it is so not too much of a big deal that people are making it out to be) but there are some of us quite happy with how it is at the moment so don't worry and be happy.

Anyway, if fans want to blame the club for wasting the opportunity of making money then maybe they should be looking at our manager. Wasted nearly all of his transfer budget on shockers, a couple aside and now wasting even more money on loanees whilst trying to address this and get us out of the mess he made for himself. A few grand in missed takings over the festive period is nowt.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

AustrianAndyGull wrote:Maybe look at trying something new for the Christmas games in future, especially as during this period we tend to be playing local-ish teams anyway and perhaps this period is the time we can make a few extra quid from people looking for something to do over Christmas. However I don't feel that it is big problem in other all ticket games in normal months because we aren't likely to attract many more 'on the day' punters IMO. By all means try something new for next year at Christmas Andrew and maybe it will work better and we will get in some more cash for a game or two (that is really all it is so not too much of a big deal that people are making it out to be) but there are some of us quite happy with how it is at the moment so don't worry and be happy.

Anyway, if fans want to blame the club for wasting the opportunity of making money then maybe they should be looking at our manager. Wasted nearly all of his transfer budget on shockers, a couple aside and now wasting even more money on loanees whilst trying to address this and get us out of the mess he made for himself. A few grand in missed takings over the festive period is nowt.
Got to disagree with your point about signings. If you look at the mom thread for yesterday the players consistently mentioned are Marquis, Mozika, Tonge, McCourt, Poke and O'Connor. All but Poke signed by Knill.

Knill's probably got the smallest budget of managers in recent years, certainly less than Buckle or Ling.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by ROADRUNNER »

hi andy
is there any reason why tickets cant be sold on the day, it does seem that we are chucking money down the toilet, and it doesnt help when people have to pay an extra 2 quid when booking online tickets.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by ROADRUNNER »

hi andy
is there any reason why tickets cant be sold on the day, it does seem that we are chucking money down the toilet, and it doesnt help when people have to pay an extra 2 quid when booking online tickets.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Surely people have know that the game was all ticket for ages now, so that can't be used an excuse to not have the time to buy a ticket.

Yes, the shop closed early on Christmas Eve, but then you (nobody in mind, just using the "royal you") would have known the opening hours of the shop for a while now anyway - if you are a regular at Plainmoor I'm sure they would have been advertised on the door (apologies if they weren't)

The online system for purchasing tickets is a great step forward, and makes it even easier to buy a ticket then ever before.

I don't give a flying whatsit about whether people agree with the decision or not, the fact is that five games were requested to be all ticket by the Police and, by and large, their request needs to be heeded. Imagine the outcry if the Pop was filled with Greasers, Gargs, skates or Brizzle fans because they could purchase tickets whenever, including on the day - yeah, great, the club would make a shedload of money, but then lose it again on unnecessary fines because they didn't heed the advice of the police.

It was a sensible decision, the club put more than enough warnings around about ticket availibility and, due to people not wanting to make a decision until it was too late, are now being lambasted because of it - well, they get nothing but praise from me in this instance.

Some people just seem to want to moan at the club regardless of the decision that is made.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
ministander
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: willie brown
Watches from: Pop side

Post by ministander »

here's a thought, why not have other outlets where tickets could be bought, a shop in town, a shop in babbacombe, etc, etc.
try to make it easier for the fans, maybe a pub or two? :-D
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

People are obsessed with their phones and the internet. We already sell on the internet. NOTHING can be easier than online purchasing.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
vinny
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jordan Chappel

Post by vinny »

When the club had a `Yellow` day in Kingsteignton on the 14th Dec.....maybe it would of been a good idea to take along some tickets for the Rovers and City games to sell.....

Maybe its an idea if the club do it again elsewhere.

Can but try.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

vinny wrote:When the club had a `Yellow` day in Kingsteignton on the 14th Dec.....maybe it would of been a good idea to take along some tickets for the Rovers and City games to sell.....

Maybe its an idea if the club do it again elsewhere.

Can but try.

An excellent idea Vinny. :-D
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

AustrianAndyGull wrote:People are obsessed with their phones and the internet. We already sell on the internet. NOTHING can be easier than online purchasing.
I bet we lost 50-150 fans yesterday who didnt know it was all ticket because they dont turn up that often. Torquay doesnt take over their whole life but once in a while, when they are visiting family, they like to have a day out. It probably wouldnt have crossed their mind it would be all ticket, why would it, it never used to be. They turn up, cant get in, think thats ridiculous consideting theres 2500 empty spaces, and never come back.
Mattpuma
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by Mattpuma »

True online ticketing is a bonus but to be charged £2 when it is the only way you can buy tickets if you work office hours is hardly encouraging people to buy. Personally my addiction to TUFC means I will pay every time but more floating supporters need to be wooed to spend their hard earned cash. Yes it may cost the club to run an online system but sometimes you need to take a small hit to gain a larger reward i.e larger ticket sales. Likewise surely a part time worker could be employed one evening for a few hours. This would pay for itself after a few ticket sales. Speculate to accumulate. We as a club need to maximise the attendance anyway we can and cater for the needs of the customer base.
Tust member 191
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Kernowgull wrote: I bet we lost 50-150 fans yesterday who didnt know it was all ticket because they dont turn up that often. Torquay doesnt take over their whole life but once in a while, when they are visiting family, they like to have a day out. It probably wouldnt have crossed their mind it would be all ticket, why would it, it never used to be. They turn up, cant get in, think thats ridiculous consideting theres 2500 empty spaces, and never come back.

Well the way I live my life is that if I want a day out to somewhere I hardly ever go or have not been for ages then I check the website first to see how much it costs, opening times blah blah and that ensures I don't arrive there and the place is either shut or I can't get in. Again if people are too lazy to do this or too casual to even consider this then it's at their own risk. Plan a day out without checking? I may have a touch of OCD about me with things like this but at least i'll not make a wasted journey.