The Bookies Odds Thread

General chat about anything else goes here.
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

Cheers Andy, really thought England were going to screw me over but thank god Townsend was on form. WIll probably be my only win for the season but still, nice to be taking some money away from the bookies for once.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Bordeaux get a winner in the last minute! Bet won! No, Swansea concede a penalty in the third minute of injury time to draw 1-1 just seconds after. Joy to despair in seconds. You couldn't make it up. Often I think there is someone watching over me and trying to put me off gambling.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Stuck my £5 free bet on Brighton 1-2 Watford last night, so I was pretty pissed to see it finish 1-1 but see that Watford had a clear goal NOT given. Where's that technology when you need it!?
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by tktufc91 »

Unbelievable. Two weeks in a row I've been let down by one team on my accumulator. Last week it was Hull, this week it was Watford. I swear I'm either no where close or one team off.

Stupid Hornets!!!!!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

I'm so glad I didn't get the chance to get to the bookies today after much rushing about to get to Scunny. I would have backed Watford and QPR too so I got away with it!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by tktufc91 »

Worst thing was I hadn't planned on picking Watford until I got to the bookies. Lesson learnt. Stick to what you planned!
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by tktufc91 »

Worst thing was I hadn't planned on picking Watford until I got to the bookies. Lesson learnt. Stick to what you planned!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Great start to Boxing Day for me, Man U 2 down at Hull in the first 10. Bet 365 have still got United at 3/1 to WIN the game!!! Do they not realise this is a MOYES team now and not a Fergie team? Oh well, bet done with. :-/
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

2-2 now.

Did you not realise football matches last 90 minutes

:devil:

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Scott Brehaut wrote:2-2 now.

Did you not realise football matches last 90 minutes

:devil:
The games I bet in don't. They usually last 95 and then like last week some c*nt from Cowdenbeath knocks one in on 95 and bang goes some more cash. :~D
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

:rofl: :rofl:

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Just to let you all know that a bet of £14.25 got me £200 today so :na:

The Man U result didn't matter in the end because that acca let me down due to Tim Sherwood getting the Spurs job because he was ultra confident and now he's been knocked out of the cup by West Ham, had to score 3 at Southampton to win 3-2 and today couldn't beat West Brom at home. Well done Tim, still, you've got your money now so it doesn't matter.

Anyway, the real heroes of today apart from the ones in Torquay shirts were Celtic, Bournemouth, Burton (phew!), Kidderminster and Arsenal, the better team in North London. So all is Spurs can f*ck off but it didn't matter in the end because the above teams ensure I am not skint for New Year! :clap:
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

nice one andy

i'm hoping to end what beens my best year of gambling by far, i've ended up with over £800 profit i think!! some big wins, two of over £1000, two £500+ and lots of £100s here and there. obviously they always get it back again!!

yesterday grimsby losing deprived me of about £300 and man city failing to beat a one goal handicap snatched another £150 from my grasp

today, apart from singles on us winning, i like chesterfield, cheltenham, colchester amd pompey, aways for argyle, scunny, derby (barnsley alert noted and ignored!!) preston and motherwell

good luck to everyone
still keeping the faith
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

I managed a hundred and fifty quid yesterday although Grimsby let me down on another line. Can't complain though. I don't think Chesterfield will let us down today and I've put them in with Tottenham (God knows why as I expect a backlash from Stoke but they SURELY have to win today?!), QPR need a win too and I've stuck them in. I have some other lines too but I've left Pompey out as I feel Northampton will somehow get a result there today. I think we all still think of Pompey as a big club and in this league they are but they have players not much better than us and that is what I'm bearing in mind. Good luck anyway Bix! :-D
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

I have Sociedad in a single at 4/1 to beat Villarreal tonight. They are 1 up with 20 to go so get your cash on Villarreal to score next goal at 11/10! It has to be a certainty! :-/