Scunthorpe United v Torquay United - 30/11/13

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

ferrarilover wrote:Guys, there's plenty to genuinely moan about here. Wilfully decontextualising something I've said then wilfully misinterpreting it is a bit of a waste of time. Only morons fall for it, and if that's who you're trying to convince, chances are you're one of them. It's tiresome.

In other news, I have cause to believe we'll see some activity not later than Monday. Whether it's reported or not is another matter. Up to this point, the reality of the situation has been a thing which, as of today, it may no longer be.

Matt.
Oh fcuk! don't say we are going to sack the tea lady!
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

ferrarilover wrote: Up to this point, the reality of the situation has been a thing which, as of today, it may no longer be.
Could you try to be a bit more cryptic please Matt? :na:
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

'Fraid so, Wodge. She's got to go for the good of the tea[m]. =D

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Hahaha, sorry Jezza. Trying to tread the fine line between saying too much and saying just enough.

Matt.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

ferrarilover wrote:Hahaha, sorry Jezza. Trying to tread the fine line between saying too much and saying just enough.

Matt.
Just do what Yorkshiremen do Matt and tell anyone everything. :)
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

AustrianAndyGull wrote: Just do what Yorkshiremen do Matt and tell anyone everything. :)
yeah Matt.

spill your guts you Brixham ponce.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

The pendulum may be swinging as we speak.

Matt.
markw
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by markw »

I would rather the axe swinging than a pendulum
Wisconsin_gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mr Chappell

Post by Wisconsin_gull »

did we play in our assertive pale yellow and white stripe kit again today?
first thing the new tea lady needs to do
appearance is everything!
At the kerb halt - look right - look left -look right again - if all clear quick march!
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

AustrianAndyGull wrote:Yeah, Knill is a lying get. I think Craig smashed the bar first half from a really well executed free kick but apart from that we created nothing that would trouble a professional keeper.
and a full length tip around the post from a similar free kick at our end andy
still keeping the faith
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Wisconsin_gull wrote:did we play in our assertive pale yellow and white stripe kit again today?
first thing the new tea lady needs to do
appearance is everything!

I think it is a sickly Lemon(s) ?
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

bixieupnorth wrote: and a full length tip around the post from a similar free kick at our end andy
Yes, that was a good free kick too, in fact I think Nathan played some really good balls yesterday and got in some cracking crosses, it was his short passing that let him down yesterday. Simple balls being poor but you can't argue the lad has quality in long range passing and crossing.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

We were and are woeful: our defensive play, our passing, our crossing, our shooting, our lack of competitive drive. With very few exceptions, our players are currently not up to the job. The margins between success and failure are often very narrow ones. And in almost every department we are falling short by tiny but vital margins compared with other teams, and those tiny margins, in nearly every game, make all the difference.

Yet most of our players are, in theory at least, of fairly decent quality. Any other team with such players would be expected to be competing around mid-table at least. Injuries and bad luck can be blamed only for so long. The reason we are now where we are has to be due almost entirely to inadequate fitness and training, poor teamwork, lack of confidence and sharpness and resilience on the pitch, all thanks to poor managerial choices and decisions before and during games, and an inability to motivate and inspire the players and bring out the best in them.

Something has to change, but as things currently stand I can only see the situation getting worse.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

TeenageGull wrote: I think with this, you are the muppet
No teenage gull, ROI2Gull is 100% correct with this.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

ferrarilover wrote:Two nil is, surely, a joke. I'm not saying we should be winning, but Rice has done nothing all day. 0-0 would be right. We're better than they are on the ball. First 10, we gave it away too easily, since then it's been basically all us. They've broken a couple of times but been ineffective. They got one goal mouth scramble and one extremely spooney OG (poor corner took three touches, hit OC in the face and went in off the underside of the bar).

Credit to Scunny, their movement off the ball is very good, but that's about as far as their meaningful showing goes today.

Final word to their fans. If you thought Plainmoor was quiet, you wanna come here, it's deathly silent everywhere except the away end where we're being well orchestrated by Andy, who is dressed as a squirrel. .. The bastard.

Matt.
:lol:

Minus facial hair though! Only the third time I've been clean shaven in about 15 years, I wanted to get the SuperNickyWroe look but it went wrong so I had no option but to lose the lot. I'm a squirrel with no hair, I have mites.