Torquay United v Plymouth Argyle - 26/11/13

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

For people who listen on radio Devon, tomorrow night sees Steve Breed and Craig Easton doing our commentary, or you can listen to the ever-delightful Gordon Sparks for the Argyle commo. Even if you don't like Breed's style, he must be a thousand times better than Sparks!
Sunnysideup
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Manse

Post by Sunnysideup »

Nick wrote:For people who listen on radio Devon, tomorrow night sees Steve Breed and Craig Easton doing our commentary, or you can listen to the ever-delightful Gordon Sparks for the Argyle commo. Even if you don't like Breed's style, he must be a thousand times better than Sparks!
A small terrier yapping into my ear for 2 hours from 6 inches away would be better than Sparkes. Talk about damning Breedy with faint praise =D
Apathy Rules...............it's ok though, nobody's that fussed about it........
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Haha. From what I've heard of him (mainly post-match reports) he's very honest and says it how he sees it. Obviously that isn't to some people's taste though!
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Nick wrote:Haha. From what I've heard of him (mainly post-match reports) he's very honest and says it how he sees it. Obviously that isn't to some people's taste though!
Just put it this way - I don't think Alan Knill is on Steve Breed's Christmas Card list ......
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

tomogull wrote: Just put it this way - I don't think Alan Knill is on Steve Breed's Christmas Card list ......
Not a huge loss to be fair - his Christmas cards are cheap, recycled Woolworths ones that he purchased before they went out of business.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
sam_
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Angus MacDonald

Post by sam_ »

Lloyd Macklin would do a better job than some commentators currently. What happened to Dave Saunders?
We'll be back...
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

sam_ wrote:Lloyd Macklin would do a better job than some commentators currently. What happened to Dave Saunders?
Or Carl Fletcher..?? :)
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Anticipation is building and I'm not even going! :lol:

I'm feeling it, I'm keeping it real and maybe we can grab a shock 4-0 win today out of the blue. Yeah why not. Today our season begins I reckon. Feeling much more positive this morning, so much so that I popped into the bookies first thing to pick up my winnings (£12 double last night on Estudiantes La Plata and Atletico Bilbao to get me £50) and couldn't bring myself to pick Argyle in my acca. An unusual occurrence for me. Something didn't feel right, unlike the Chesterfield game where I would have lumped my house on if I had one, something stopped me from backing Argyle. A sixth sense that something special has got to happen to us at some point this season, something good and something better than a lucky win at Bury. A demolition job over our near neighbours completely out of the blue.

Nobody expects it. We're dead and buried. The game kicks off and we go for the jugular. Chappell finds and instant rapport with Marquis who starts and they terrorize the gargs defence along with Benyon doing all the groundwork pulling defenders out of position. Hawley doesn't start (if he does then ignore this post in it's entirety as it will then be meaningless :lol: ). We go 2 up at half time. We cruise to a third and then get a late penalty and their very pleasant gentleman keeper gets his marching orders. BOOM!!!!!

4-0 Gulls

Turning point reached in an exact mirror of the 4-0 win that turned the tide in Lings first season after a bloody awful start.

Wake me up when it's all over. :)

4-0 Torquay tonight. Yes we are sh*t but what we have to remember is that they are too and our three league wins this far have come against sh*t strugglers so yes, we can do this.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Oh god maybe I should have gone - we will get that gloating gargoyle Sparkes up here. Don't know if I can bear it to be honest. I might go to bed at 7.45 and wake up on Friday.
Plymouth are actually a terrible side but on a scale of being terrible - well we are actually off the scale.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

The current form table suggests only one winner tonight and that's the away side. However, as I've posted a few day's ago before much of the site disappeared, often in derbies the form book goes out the window. So as long as we keep eleven on the pitch I have a feeling our season could turn tonight with a much needed home victory.
I'm leaving about 2.30pm for my drive down to Devon. :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
Robiberto22
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Robiberto22 »

Think there's too much respect between our two clubs - i guess we are both united in our hate for Exeter? Glad the gloves are coming off now as it's massive for us and we need the win big time - so i don't really care how we get it but i'm going to go for a 1-0 win Benyon scoring late on - i think the likes if Downesy ans Mansell will play up for this one making us tougher to get through and hopefully getting us a clean sheet!

COYY!!!
ALAN KNILL'S YELLOW ARMY !!! - Oh wait ...
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Fair play to you sir as well. Thats a massive effort and if anyone deserves a positive result then its you. Sadly I think its going to be a long journey home.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

brucie wrote:Oh god maybe I should have gone - we will get that gloating gargoyle Sparkes up here. Don't know if I can bear it to be honest. I might go to bed at 7.45 and wake up on Friday.
Plymouth are actually a terrible side but on a scale of being terrible - well we are actually off the scale.
If that isn't a reason to go tonight Brucie then I don't know what is!
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

As brucie knows only too well, it's the long drive home that's the worst - if you've lost and lost badly as we have this season. Perhaps my 100 mile round trip pales into insignificance besides some people's driving efforts; even so, it's enough to put me off going tonight. Don't worry, brucie, you know in your heart of hearts you won't miss much.