TUFC Ladies Thread

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Pea
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Dale Tonge

Post by Pea »

I'd guess so. A lot of them came from the local women's teams, one of which folded unfortunately. We've got a lot of players, which is fortunate, since a lot of them are unavailable at different times for different reasons. One is a coach for, seemingly, every club in England. She does about 300 jobs and plays in her spare time. Unbelievable Jeff.
Pea.
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

The manager is called Kevin Dixon.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

I would like to see a league table.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Kevyn Dixon, absolutely right. He's only little, but he's a decent chap.
League table looks good, 5 points clear with three home games in hand and a goal difference of +44.

I think I may have inadvertently referred to Hayley Chamberlain as Hayley Chambers, for which I can only apologise (she's harder than me, so it's best I'm nice).

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Gullscorer wrote:Can't imagine you as a hard man Matt...
it's watching all that women's football that does it.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
crookie07
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Rice

Post by crookie07 »

We play for the love of football and for each of our team mates. We are very grateful for any sponsorship we receive to help us along the way for playing the game we love. Each of us is passionate and all have strengths and weaknesses but together make up a team that is going places, let's hope this continues for the good of Torquay united as a whole! Cheers Crookie aka Louisa Stentifors-Crook
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

crookie07 wrote:We play for the love of football and for each of our team mates. We are very grateful for any sponsorship we receive to help us along the way for playing the game we love. Each of us is passionate and all have strengths and weaknesses but together make up a team that is going places, let's hope this continues for the good of Torquay united as a whole! Cheers Crookie aka Louisa Stentifors-Crook
:-D
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

crookie07 wrote:We play for the love of football and for each of our team mates. We are very grateful for any sponsorship we receive to help us along the way for playing the game we love. Each of us is passionate and all have strengths and weaknesses but together make up a team that is going places, let's hope this continues for the good of Torquay united as a whole! Cheers Crookie aka Louisa Stentifors-Crook
Cheers Crookie.

Maybe you can answer my question?

Why are so many ladies who clearly have talent above this level playing for us?

I'm just curious, is it the lure of playing for a "pro" club?

Here's hoping you get to play a game at Plainmoor before the end of the season. :bow:
crookie07
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Rice

Post by crookie07 »

Players have come from teams local to Torquay. Exeter and Plymouth are the two ladies team in the region and all ladies team outside of that are at similar levels. The team have jelled well and yes to be able to play for a pro club certainly is what attracts players to the team. We have had a great start to the season but the standard between div 1 premier is noticable. So should we be successful and get promoted next season certainly won't be a walk in the park. We also don't get paid to play or expenses and each player pays each month to play unless they have been lucky enough to achieve a player sponsor. Hope this answers your questions.

Louisa (Crookie) :keepie:
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Yes it does, thanks Louisa. :-D
njgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by njgull »

Highlights from last match posted on Youtube. Wish there was a roster posted someplace that would allow for matching numbers to names while viewing but good to see the ladies in action even if I can't quite figure out who they all are.

[youtube]PBHPxndRg0Y[/youtube]
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Wow! There are no words to describe just how awful that field is they play on.
If all those northern monkey teams can have football and rugby league on their pitches surely we can manage two football teams at Plainmoor?
Fair play to the ladies for performing so well on such a terrible pitch.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Number 3 - shirt pull......what shirt pull???

Brilliant!

Have to say that pitch was awful so must have been hard to play on - especially a passing game.

I think it's great the ladies are representing the shirt so well and hopefully long may this continue.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/