TUFC Ladies Thread

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

In 10 months, you've made 27 posts and you bothered with that? Slow night for telly, is it?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Another win for the ladies today. A 3-2 win keeps there unbeaten run going. Its good to see at least one Torquay team is winning games!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Missed the first 40 minutes for the sake of duff info from two sources. Fortunately, the first thing I saw us do today was smash a 25 yard free kick in via the crossbar and the back of the keeper's head. Minutes later it was 2-2 when Goughy took one down the right hand side of the penalty area and unleashed an unstoppable shot both past and over the goalie for 2-2. Two goals in the minutes before HT. Second half was pretty even, with us pressing and them looking to play on the counter. Some nice football in terrible conditions was not rewarded with goals (where else have we seen that recently?) so it was a welcome sight when the returning left winger Laura Baker knocked a lethal deep cross to the far post. The ball swung in towards the top corner and, via a combination of Goughy and their sub keeper, the ball found its way into the net for 3-2. The rest of the game saw MAP exert a measure of control, using their physicality to retain possession. However, they never truly threatened Beth in the Yellow goal and it was us who were unlucky not to extend our lead, given a couple of excellent through balls played. The last of which lead to a presentable chance for the ever-impressive Laura Gough to poke the ball goalward, only for the onrushing keeper to block its path to the net and behind instead for a corner.
Decent game in difficult conditions. Now follow 7 straight home games, including one against Exeter in the Devon Senior Cup which HOPEFULLY will be held at Plainmoor.

For all the larks it is smashing Illogan and Bude by half a dozen, today's result will surely be more pleasing, given the nature and standard of the opposition.

Matt.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Ahahahaha

Following last week's narrow come-from-behind win against MAP, the ladies were back to their usual standard against Torpoint Ladies in winning 14 (fourteen) - 0

I lost count of who did what, but there were a shed load for Goughy, a couple for Chambo and even a couple of own goals to add to the mix.

A match report is pointless, such was our dominance. They managed one goal kick all game, and that was it. An hour was gone before one of their players touched the ball in our half. Pick of the goals came from Louisa Crook with a 30 yard free kick which just snuck in at the far post. Decent shift from Jazz Hervin on the right wing and points to left back Adele for taking one square in the face but not going down, allowing play to continue and Goughy to score.

Poor Torpoint weren't even on the same pitch as us today, such was our dominance, but credit to them for keeping on to the bitter end.

Matt.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

ferrarilover wrote:Ahahahaha

Following last week's narrow come-from-behind win against MAP, the ladies were back to their usual standard against Torpoint Ladies in winning 14 (fourteen) - 0

I lost count of who did what, but there were a shed load for Goughy, a couple for Chambo and even a couple of own goals to add to the mix.

A match report is pointless, such was our dominance. They managed one goal kick all game, and that was it. An hour was gone before one of their players touched the ball in our half. Pick of the goals came from Louisa Crook with a 30 yard free kick which just snuck in at the far post. Decent shift from Jazz Hervin on the right wing and points to left back Adele for taking one square in the face but not going down, allowing play to continue and Goughy to score.

Poor Torpoint weren't even on the same pitch as us today, such was our dominance, but credit to them for keeping on to the bitter end.

Matt.
Well that probably explains why they lost 14-0 then. If they played one one pitch and we turned up to play on another then they were bound to let a few in. I am only surprised it wasn't a 14-14 draw
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

If Laura Gough keeps scoring goals at this rate (24 in 8 games) shouldn't she be in the England women's team? :-D
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Gullscorer wrote:If Laura Gough keeps scoring goals at this rate (24 in 8 games) shouldn't she be in the England women's team? :-D
Balls to that - she can come into the mens team!!

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Scott Brehaut wrote: Balls to that - she can come into the mens team!!
Playing with Wayne Rooney..?? :~D :O
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Well, I meant OUR first team, but hey, England mens too I guess

;-)

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Robiberto22
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Robiberto22 »

another win for the Gullettes! a great torquay double!!!
ALAN KNILL'S YELLOW ARMY !!! - Oh wait ...
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

4-1 it finished, but in terms of the match, there wasn't a whole lot of difference from last week's 14-0 thrashing of Torpoint.

Plymstock were second coming into the match and the difference between us and everyone else in the division really was highlighted today. We dominated totally and the only real surprise is that I'm not now reporting a scoreline in the order of about 8-0.

The pitch probably isn't helping at the moment, but then, it's the same for both teams and, since we play through the middle and out to the wings more than the opposition, it should hinder us far more than it does them.

We started well enough, and established a pattern which is now familiar. We had loads of the ball and were looking good with it. Bakes was making all sorts of moves down the right hand side and was finding a cross more often than not. Hayley Chambers is still determined that she's going to score goal of the season, so hit a really neat volley just wide from 20 yards.

Louisa Crook and Vicky Hockley (fresh back from honeymoon) ran the midfield totally. Absolute domination which effectively nullified the opposition all on its own.

The goals were generally good. The first was a right wing cross which was headed towards goal by rhe aforementioned newlywed, only for it to be turned in by a defender. The second didn't come until after the break, but that wasn't for the want of trying. With Goughy missing, it was left to Sian Chapman and Emily Hannaford to play the two up front and they did it supremely well. Playing both just on the shoulder of two centre backs and relying on some sloppy line keeping from the wider defenders to give them the advantage over the offside flag. The ball found its way to Crookie in the centre circle and, for a moment, everyone stood still. Crookie wasted no further time and played a delightful through ball which was siezed upon by a grateful Sian, she strode forward and, from 12 yards, blasted past the helpless keeper to effectively seal the match.
Minutes later it was 3 and this time it was Louisa herself providing the finish to another excellent through ball. She muscled the defender and stepped over the ball before flipping a gorgeous left foot shot round the keeper and inside the far post. She hit it with her instep and gave it just enough bend to keep it on the right path through the air. Absolutely beautiful goal.
The fourth was a nice move down the right involving several players. It ended with a cross from the right finding its way to Anna Finnemore, just on as a sub, to blast a right foot shot past the criminally exposed keeper at her near post.

Their goal was nicely worked, some good work from the forward to bundle past a couple of our defenders and pass to the far corner. Alas, that was the last kick of the match, so it really didn't matter.

A shame to give up the clean sheet so late in the day, but this was never a match which we were ever going to lose. It took us half an hour to break the deadlock, but from there we never looked back and, on the way to winning, we played some really good football.

Matt.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Why is it that we have managed to assemble such an unbeatable team in our very first season?

Are we paying these players "expenses" to attract them away from other clubs or is it just the lure of playing for a "big" club that has attracted all this quality to us? Or is the manager just bloody good?
Pea
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Dale Tonge

Post by Pea »

The manager is a guy called Kevyn (sorry Kev, I cannot remember your surname). He's a nice chap.

I can't say for sure, but I REALLY don't think we give the girls anything at all. We've been lucky in terms of sponsorship, in as much as Del Haggarty (again, Del, sorry if that isn't the correct spelling) has agreed to sponsor the girls as a team and individually. We also got given a minibus by Bailey Bus (I think).
A lot of our girls are really good technically. Crookie is a well built girl, but she is so good on the ball that she defies her lack of pace. Similarly, Bakes won't be running away from people, but she's strong. Randi, our American centre back lopes about on her massive legs and is the calmest person going. It's the same for all of them, not one of them panics on the ball, they all get their heads up and find a pass. We took one of the strikers (I think it was Emily, but I might be wrong) from Plymouth.
The thing is that we're really in the wrong division. We have to start in tier 7 because that's what the rules say, but we've already got a tier 5 squad, so we're just essentially going through the motions (in terms of promotion).
The girls won't tell you that, of course, they'll tell you that every game is a new challenge etc, but the good thing about being a fan is that I can say all this and not have to justify it on the pitch...
Pea.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Thanks Pea.

I'm still curious how we managed to attract this tier 5 squad to a tier 7 side though.

Are these players just attracted by the prospect of playing for a "pro" side as opposed to a smaller name team at a higher level?