The 3 groups of supporters

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

Here's another thing. Ling had a biggish squad filled with so called mediocre players. Knill went for a smaller squad and quality.......We now have a problem with the smaller squad also is Knill's fully fit team better than Lings?
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by supergulls »

To be fair don't get drawn into knill's I'm running with a smaller squad myth. Lingy had 24 signed players last year. Knill said I will go with 17 established pros and a couple of youngsters who I can develop and use the loan market. He has 22 signed players in our squad plus loanees there's no difference at all.
Heritage gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Heritage gull »

hector wrote:But, I wonder, who it is who is managing the unmanageable, Cambridge, to current runaway success? (although the league table doesn't count, I forgot, so really they are crap!)
Jez George. He was the junior development manager and I think an assistant to Paul Cardin after Gary Brabin got the flick. Jez has been 1st team manager for a couple of years now, or thereabouts.
HG :)
TUST member 077
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

Heritage gull wrote: Jez George. He was the junior development manager and I think an assistant to Paul Cardin after Gary Brabin got the flick. Jez has been 1st team manager for a couple of years now, or thereabouts.
HG :)
Wow, must have a long-term vision and stuck with him during the lean times.
TUST number 080
Sunnysideup
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Manse

Post by Sunnysideup »

Surely it's "Tricky Dicky" Money??
Apathy Rules...............it's ok though, nobody's that fussed about it........
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

It is indeed Richard Money, or Dr Who if you believe anything Hector says :)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Southampton Gull wrote:His "illness" would have impacted before he stepped down though Dave, so current form from that particular part of his reign is unjust IMHO.
Thats fair enough Dave, personaly, allways liked Martin Ling, liked his style of management to, not going to try and convince you any other way, as we spoke about it a few times.

However to me, it depends on what this mystery illness was, and when or if the illness actually impacted on his ability to do the job. Heard a pretty convicing story about what the likely illness was, which I now believe was never true, as it's the sort of thing you do not ever fully recover from, then I speak to someone, who through his job has cause to be in certain places around the ground, who tells me there was plenty of evidence to suggest, there was more to a certain rumour than meets the eye.

If thats is true, and I can't say it is, Martin Ling got everything he deserved, if not and he was treated badly, whats stopping Martin Ling from coming out and clearing his name, nothing, not all the tea in China would stop me from doing that.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Group 1. I think Knill will get it right in time. I think he's made some decent signings, and has a desire to win games. When the team has gelled properly, we'll be comfortably mid-table, which is a little over par.

I lost interest in watching Ling's team. He tried to preach a passing game, but if you never attempt to attack the opposition, what good is that? Whilst I concede what I witnessed on Saturday was worse than anything I saw under Ling, I'm hopeful it was no more than a (very) bad day. Time will tell.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
sam_
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Angus MacDonald

Post by sam_ »

1 & 2 for me, I like the squad, AK I hope will work it out and our luck will turn. But Ling had that amazing season
that is hard to forget, and how we got to where we are now.
We'll be back...
rooster
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Bodin

Post by rooster »

forevertufc wrote: Thats fair enough Dave, personaly, allways liked Martin Ling, liked his style of management to, not going to try and convince you any other way, as we spoke about it a few times.

However to me, it depends on what this mystery illness was, and when or if the illness actually impacted on his ability to do the job. Heard a pretty convicing story about what the likely illness was, which I now believe was never true, as it's the sort of thing you do not ever fully recover from, then I speak to someone, who through his job has cause to be in certain places around the ground, who tells me there was plenty of evidence to suggest, there was more to a certain rumour than meets the eye.

If thats is true, and I can't say it is, Martin Ling got everything he deserved, if not and he was treated badly, whats stopping Martin Ling from coming out and clearing his name, nothing, not all the tea in China would stop me from doing that.
Can nobody accept he had an illness that was stress related and that all the rumours about having a drink problem are bull shit and people are clinging to this in order to justify what has probably turned out to be a poor decision to dispose of his services. He does not have to clear his name and why would he bother anyway, Torquay is in his past now and I don't suppose he gives a toss. We've made our bed so we need to lie in it not cast unfounded rumours around, let it go you didn't want him he's moved on..........
ethantufcbaker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Dan Sparkes

Post by ethantufcbaker »

Group 2 for me I liked ling