Early bird

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
lexusguy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Branston

Early bird

Post by lexusguy »

OS says early bird offer for season tickets has been reopened
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Season tickets sales are vital for our club, think this is a good idea to time this offer with the fixtures being released.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

It is an appropriate time to reopen them, I am not sure how the people who bought them in between them closing first time and now feel however- but that's just how it is.
lexusguy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Branston

Post by lexusguy »

Apparently if you have already bought you get a rebate
Mav
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by Mav »

I would suggest the reason why it's been re-opened is due to lack of season ticket sales, and I suspect only a few if any would have purchased them after the offer closed
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

still keeping the faith
DTG
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Anyone but McNeil

Post by DTG »

An excellent, logical and timely marketing decision. New Fixture list, hopefully a week of new signings and an opportunity to engage the fans. Perfect. TUFC have got it right this time, let's encourage that!
GET PHILLIPS OUT NOW!!!
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

i thought sales were going well?
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Indeed RR , I am sure I read somewhere season ticket sales had past the 800 mark after the early bird scheme shut the first time, if so thats only 100 or so down on last season, all things considered not bad.

It would be fantastic if the club could push it past the 1,000 mark though.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

850 sold to date-only 80 down on last year.
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

Another good news story from Torquay. Keep up the good work.

Plus, it's Friday tomorrow and we all know what happens on a Friday!
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Got my Early Bird renewal the first time around. A lot of things had to happen to justify renewal.

Confirmation of the new manager being one of many aspects and the retained list being another. To be specific about who went and who stayed, I was absolutely overjoyed by the news of Dorothy's release. I was up to the Plainmoor office in a shot to renew and it means Lexus Guy and his cohorts can no longer taunt me about the boy who often went missing/liked to hide when the going got tough.

I'll be seeing you Lexus. :nod: ;-)
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Tq2Yellow
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Derek Dawkins

Post by Tq2Yellow »

Well I know of one person that would probably only attend a couple of matches in the season who has now bought a season ticket during the extended promotion cos it fell at the right time in respect of money options, so that's an extra £260 in the bank this season - it all helps!

So congratulations Torquay for giving it a try, hope it bears fruit!
:keepie: :goal: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

I don't think it harms us to reopen this now really, the more ST holders we get the better.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

A great idea by the club to relaunch the early bird offer, but I do think it maybe could have been timed better. Whilst the release of a favourable (in my opinion) fixture list may have encouraged a few extra fans to commit at the reduced price, surely this ALLIED to an influx of positive new signings displaying an ambition to improve on what was a dreadful last season would have been better.

As it stands, we may well see one or two added by the end of this week (Friday anyone?) when the players return for Pre Season Training but with the offer set to expire on Sunday, it leaves little time for fans to " react" to this news by taking up this offer. As things stand, those that are waiting to see some ambition from the club, by way of new signings, have had nothing at all to encourage them to sign up, but have simply seen us lose 2 or 3 of our better players and release 1 or 2 old favourites.

The "news" that we MAY be in for a 28 year old Right Back released by Rotherham, decent player though he is, is hardly likely to inspire anyone to get themselves up to Plainmoor and part with their hard earned cash.

Great idea, but (unfortunately) poorly timed in my opinion. I would have preferred it to have been relaunched for perhaps the first week or two in July, when hopefully things will begin to warm up ..... in more ways than one!