Danny Stevens - Thankyou

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

He certainly did. If only we'd had the big screen then, we could have signed Ronaldo with all the money we would have made from the sponsors...

Oddly, I can't remember who scored the other two.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

ferrarilover wrote:He certainly did. If only we'd had the big screen then, we could have signed Ronaldo with all the money we would have made from the sponsors...

Oddly, I can't remember who scored the other two.

Matt.
Chris Todd
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

One of my favourite Torquay United goals came from Danny Stevens.

At least 5 seasons ago, away to Burton Albion, he runs up the entire pitch on the left side and scores a beauty of a goal. Being an exile gull at the time, it made me a supporter.

Good luck wherever you end up!
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

Yeovil went one nil up in that game too!

Danny always seemed to turn it on against Burton. A few of their fans really rate him.

Had some great games but could be absolutely infuriating at times, plus if your a full back behind him you know your getting feck all protection for 90mins.
clemy1989
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Wroe

Post by clemy1989 »

Thanks for your efforts Danny! sad he didn't get another year atleast as i believe he is good enough to do damage at this level when given the chance. Realistically i don't see us going up next season so Danny would be a decent squad player. Argyle always seemed to like him so he could go there. Either that or back to London somewhere
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Best Danny Stevens memory for me was away at Aldershot in our first away game in the BSP.

FIrst game of the season that I attended, so first opportunity to see the new look side in the flesh. Immediately fell in love with watching football at the Rec, with hundreds of Gulls fans exchanging banter with the home support. And as it was a game we were dominating, it really felt like a new beginning for the club after a torrid few years and a wave of optimism was sweeping through the fans.

And epitomising that was Danny Stevens. On as an early sub for the injured Bedeau, we all laughed at how small he was. In first half stoppage time, he picked the ball up on the halfway line and ran at goal. It may not have actually worked out this way, but in my mind now he ended up scoring a carbon copy of Michael Owen's goal against Argentina in World Cup 98.

The crowd went mental, and for me that goal signified the start of a new beginning
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Top bloke, good ambassador for the club, knew how to conduct himself on and off the pitch. Always had time for my kids when they were younger, nothing was too much trouble. I too thought of that Yeovil game as soon as knew he had been released. Didn't he enjoy that play off final lol ? Hope he finds success where ever he ends up.

Thanks Danny.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Cheers Jezza, that was the name I had in my mind, but wasn't sufficiently sure.

Remember both the aforementioned goals well, despite missing the Burton effort for being preoccupied with Paulie Bastard.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Jeff wrote:Best Danny Stevens memory for me was away at Aldershot in our first away game in the BSP.

FIrst game of the season that I attended, so first opportunity to see the new look side in the flesh. Immediately fell in love with watching football at the Rec, with hundreds of Gulls fans exchanging banter with the home support. And as it was a game we were dominating, it really felt like a new beginning for the club after a torrid few years and a wave of optimism was sweeping through the fans.

And epitomising that was Danny Stevens. On as an early sub for the injured Bedeau, we all laughed at how small he was. In first half stoppage time, he picked the ball up on the halfway line and ran at goal. It may not have actually worked out this way, but in my mind now he ended up scoring a carbon copy of Michael Owen's goal against Argentina in World Cup 98.

The crowd went mental, and for me that goal signified the start of a new beginning
jeff, no offence, but you are a defo nailed-on rose tinter............ :) :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Yep Danny Stevens was a great servant of our club, wish him well.
Formerly known as forevertufc
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

[quote="ferrarilover"]Cheers Jezza, that was the name I had in my mind, but wasn't sufficiently sure.

Remember both the aforementioned goals well, despite missing the Burton effort for being preoccupied with Paulie Bastard.

Matt.[/quote

I think, dear boy, I did tell you, a couple of hours ago, that it was Toddy. :slap: You have to learn to trust your mother. :na:
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by diamondgirl »

I'll echo all that has been said on here. Danny has been a good servant of TUFC and scored a few cracking goals along the way, including a really nice one,away to York, this season. A thoroughly nice, unassuming, young man.

All the very best to you, Dan. Hope you get another club soon. Thanks for everything.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

diamondgirl wrote:
I think, dear boy, I did tell you, a couple of hours ago, that it was Toddy. :slap: You have to learn to trust your mother. :na:
i think you need to slap him a bit christine! =D

oh, by the way im still upset! :'(
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by diamondgirl »

Jeff wrote:Best Danny Stevens memory for me was away at Aldershot in our first away game in the BSP.

Jeff, as I remember it, this is a very accurate description of "Little Danny's goal.
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by diamondgirl »

SNW. I'm off to give him a good slap now. :whip:

Don't be sad. I'll make it up to you next time I see you