Congrats to Eunan

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Congrats to Eunan

Post by tktufc91 »

I know he isn't a Gull any more but I just like to congratulate Eunan O Kane on his promotion to the Championship with Bournemouth yesterday. I hope he gets a chance to show he can compete at Championship level, which I think he can.

Does anyone know if we had a promotion clause in his contract? Any extra income for the club would be welcome I'm sure.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Well done Eunan. Shame he left so early, we have missed him this season.
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

Not sure about the promotion clause but how about one which says if he makes the Ireland first team whilst still there? I think its likely to happen next year!
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

I very much doubt if we will be getting extra money from this. It was amazing the board (for once) showed the foresight to have a sell-on clause written into his contract transfer fee clause. For them to be on the ball for TWO things in a transfer deal would be proposterous.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
yellow
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by yellow »

Congratulations as well to Bobby and Mark Ellis for successful seasons at a higher level.

Those three sales are very much behind the story of our Summer spinal surgery, and consequent struggles this season.

Let us hope that the board have learned the lessons well.

Those that saw them as the antithesis of Mike Bitesize will surely take note.

Every time we skirt with relegation (now too numerous to mention) the owners will say never again....until it happens the next time.

Whatever the infrastructure requirements, the squad needs a minimum investment to maintain standards and to keep the punters coming through the turnstiles.
"A day without football is a day lost" (Ernst Happel)
"Look at the (Plainmoor) stars, Look how they shine for you, And everything you do, Yeah they were all yellow" (C. Martin)
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

EddUK12 wrote:like a pitch that drains?

and one that isnt plastic.

and - eunan who?
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

EddUK12 wrote:Given his comments early this season about tufc fans singing Knils name I couldnt care less other then if there was xtra money for the club
After all Eunan did for us, he expresses one opinion which he is perfectly entitled to hold and which is perfectly understandable given his viewpoint of the whole thing and he gets this sort of treatment.

I'm genuinely saddened.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

So am I, Matt.

Congrats Eunan, always thought he could play at Championship level.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

...possibly more on the way if Bournemouth Manager Eddie Howe's comments in today's Football League Paper actually happen. Howe says that Eunan is playing so well he has tipped him to become a full Republic of Ireland international.
Howe says:' His all-round level of play has been very good. He is really developing as a footballer and, if there are better than him out there, they would have to be good players to stop him getting into the squad.'
Howe has urged Martin O'Neill and his assistant Roy Keane to give Eunan a chance.
If this happens does anyone know if there is a clause in his transfer to Bournemouth that gives us a financial windfall?
bengull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by bengull »

Have kept a keen eye on Eunan since his departure, he was such a prodigious talent. I always pay close attention to Bournemouth's highlights on the FLS. Yesterday, Bournemouth were awarded 2 penalties and Eunan had a contributing hand in winning both with his fleet-footed marauding past midfielders in the centre of the pitch which we had become so accustomed to. Needless to say he has taken to Championship football easily and with a mouth-watering FA cup tie against Liverpool on the horizon, there is further opportunity to show a bigger audience what he can do.

I see no reason why he shouldn't be in contention for the ROI first team, he is talented enough and if he is continually developing I see no limit to how high he can hope to achieve. Really hope he continues his fine form, really hope he shines against Liverpool, one of the most naturally talented players I have had the privilege of seeing in a Yellow shirt, and a bloody nice lad to boot.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

I don't know about any such windfall, but if Eunan gets into the Irish international team the boost to the reputations of both Torquay and Bournemouth as the clubs which helped him get there could potentially be worth more than any financial windfall we might get from the Cherries.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

I did the same as Ben with regard to the FLS. He was brilliant yesterday, if the highlights are anything to go by. The run and pass for the second penalty really wouldn't look out of place in the Barcelona side.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
NA Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Howe

Post by NA Gull »

Guy at work is a Bournemouth season ticket holder. He is a massive fan of Eunan. Initially not impressed as was used out on the left wing, but is now playing the holding role in front of the back 4. He has been excellent for them recently after he got his chance after a few injuries.
ConBre8967
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by ConBre8967 »

O'Kane is the best player I've seen at Plainmoor and I've been watching for 15 years now. Miles ahead of the rest of the team when he was here. I said back then he'll end up in the Prem and with at least 1 call up for Eire. I'm convinced both will still happen.