Feeling sick listening to Radio Devon......

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Feeling sick listening to Radio Devon......

Post by Dutchgull »

I am feeling physically sick listening to Gordon Sparkes cosying up to Neil Warnock and Warnock going on about how wonderful Argyle are and how special the green army is FFS !!!

Jeez

:@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@

Makes me want to give up football and go to B & Q on a Saturday afternoon...... :@ :@
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Dutchgull wrote:I am feeling physically sick listening to Gordon Sparkes cosying up to Neil Warnock and Warnock going on about how wonderful Argyle are and how special the green army is FFS !!!

Jeez

Makes me want to give up football and go to B & Q on a Saturday afternoon...... :@ :@

Wow. You must be ill. That sounds really serious if you wanna go to B&Q. Mind you it could be worse. You may have wanted to go to IKEA. Now that is terminal
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Dutchgull »

Cheers Gloster thats cheered me up so much !! :) :)
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Dutchgull wrote:I am feeling physically sick listening to Gordon Sparkes cosying up to Neil Warnock and Warnock going on about how wonderful Argyle are and how special the green army is FFS !!!

Jeez

Sparkes really gets my goat. The older ones on here will remember Don Argyle (he might have been called "Arnold", but we always called him "Argyle") who used to do the (extremely biased) sports programme on the local telly.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

I used to find Greasy Dick Woodacre on Spotlight, was an obvious Plymouth fan. You could tell by his solemn face before he even spoke, there was bad news. Was it the loss of mass human life, so disturbed he looked. No Plymouth had lost. This would be the case even if both Exeter and Torquay had won. If the opposite was true and Plymouth had won, he would be beaming from ear to ear.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

pete barraclough on tsw/westcountry used to get right on my tits. :slap: you could just tell all he gave a monkeys about was argyle. most of the sports section was devoted to them. even if torquay and exeter won (they've always got more coverage than us as well) and plymouth lost it was more about poor old argyle and how unlucky they were, they really need the points because they are going to mount a promotion push for division 1/premier league (yeah right :rofl: ), oh and by the way torquay won.
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

Gus Honeybun was obviously a Plymouth fan too.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

usagullmichigan wrote:Gus Honeybun was obviously a Plymouth fan too.
Not sure whether you are joking or not, but as a boy I clearly remember seeing the goofy little to**er wearing an Argyle scarf on the telly. I remember being quite upset by this, but my dad telling me not to be stupid (he, as an ex-navy man, quite liked Argyle, but his first team was Torquay).
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Dutchgull »

Phew thanks guys its not only me then. I was beginning to think it was just my own paranoia !!

:lol: :lol:
sam
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: downes

Post by sam »

In fact I am getting fed up with Radio Devon sports coverage period. It's all over the place. Bits of each game played here, more bits there. The football results read out in an awful manner, ( Peterborough at London Road - two, Blackburn who are struggling near the foot of the table - two). Then they wait for the Div 2 results with more inane reporting from overexcited and repetitive commentators. Just read the bloody scores out at 5 and give me the opportunity to tune out when Sparkes, Tisdale et al spout their rubbish.
yellow
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by yellow »

To be fair, Gus did have someone’s hand up his arris.

Most people’s judgement is adversely affected under such circumstances....
"A day without football is a day lost" (Ernst Happel)
"Look at the (Plainmoor) stars, Look how they shine for you, And everything you do, Yeah they were all yellow" (C. Martin)
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

yellow wrote:To be fair, Gus did have someone’s hand up his arris.

Most people’s judgement is adversely affected under such circumstances....

Then why did hop on it?