The last time

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
lexusguy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Branston

The last time

Post by lexusguy »

This I believe is the 2007 / 2007 squad that we were relegated with

Martin Horsell, Kevin Miller, Simon Rayner

Lee Andrews, Stevland Angus, Dean Gordon, Matthew Halliday, Chris Robertson, Mark Robinson, Craig Taylor, Chris Todd, Matt Villis, Stephen Woods

Stephen Cooke, Ryan Dickson, Matt Hockley, Lee Mansell, Nick McKoy, Chris McPhee, Carl Motteram, Martin Phillips, Paul Smith

Jamal Easter, Micky Evans, Kevin Hill, Lee Thorpe

comparing to now probably better defense but the rest comparable ?
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

think this seasons squad slightly stronger??
still keeping the faith
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

No chance, that season was a disaster with countless owners, managers, players and loanees. Saah and Downes are head and shoulders above anyone else we had that season, as is the rest of the squad we have now. It will be appalling mismanagement if the squad we have now falls out the league.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

think this seasons squad slightly stronger?? lee andrews was a howler, took my neighbour to accrington and he said he was the worst player he'd ever seen pull on a football shirt, not just professionals either!!

buster was good on his day, but didnt have too many!! mickey evans, should have stayed down the road. loved woods and taylor tho
still keeping the faith
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Are you being serious? Lee Andrews is quite possibly the worst defender Ive ever seen. He was dire.
RN Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Nicho

Post by RN Gull »

I seem to recall these names from that nightmare: Dean Oliver, Adam Murray,Jordan Robertson, and long throw man James Sharp. Our squad is a lot better - but mismanaged in my opinion..
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Jesus wept those were some bad times. Remember going to a game at Lincoln with that squad, worst ever performance.

That's what makes this seasons events all the more troublesome. Our squad isn't great but it's not as bad as that, yet the outcome could be the same
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

I think there are a few real quality players in our old line up like Hilly, Woodsy, Robbo, Toddy, Taylor and Mansell but the rest are abysmal and included the worst player other than Bodin to pull on a Torquay shirt in Jamal Easter. I have not seen anyone as bad yet.

This seasons squad is pretty much a similar one with a handful of really decent players in Poke, Saah, Howe, Downes, Mansell but some rubbish too.

I'd say that the relegation side was worse though.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

austrianandygull wrote:I think there are a few real quality players in our old line up like Hilly, Woodsy, Robbo, Toddy, Taylor and Mansell but the rest are abysmal and included the worst player other than Bodin to pull on a Torquay shirt in Jamal Easter. I have not seen anyone as bad yet.

This seasons squad is pretty much a similar one with a handful of really decent players in Poke, Saah, Howe, Downes, Mansell but some rubbish too.

I'd say that the relegation side was worse though.
Todd didn't play for us then
A J
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by A J »

Micky Evans had long gone before the end of the season (and not just his legs!), he packed up when Chris Roberts started running the club into the ground. I don't think Martin Phillips hardly made an appearance due to injury that season and the same for Craig Taylor. David Graham also joined on loan, but was a shadow of his former self.

This was the team for the last day of the season against Hereford (0-0), we were already relegated by then of course.

M Horsell, L Andrews, S Woods, C Robertson, M Robinson, K Hill, M Hockley, L Mansell, S Cooke (R Dickson, 71), R Reid, C McPhee (N McKoy 71)
Subs not used: J Wheeldon, D Gordon
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

OOPS, sorry Jeff. I must confess to not knowing who played in that year as i didn't really begin going as a regular serious fan until the last season we had in the BSP so although i went to a few games that season i'm not really sure of the squad from then. The players i mentioned though stick out in my mind as being good and Todd was one.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

Gulliball wrote:No chance, that season was a disaster with countless owners, managers, players and loanees. Saah and Downes are head and shoulders above anyone else we had that season, as is the rest of the squad we have now. It will be appalling mismanagement if the squad we have now falls out the league.
:goodpost: 100% agree. On paper our squad is a comfortable mid-table League Two side. Something just hasn't added up off the pitch.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

A J wrote: M Horsell, L Andrews, S Woods, C Robertson, M Robinson, K Hill, M Hockley, L Mansell, S Cooke (R Dickson, 71), R Reid, C McPhee (N McKoy 71)
Subs not used: J Wheeldon, D Gordon
Hell, no wonder we went down. I had forgotten about some of those shocking players. Horsell in goal, Andrews, Cooke, McKoy etc....and Andy thinks Billy is one of the worst players to play for us....you want to consider yourself fortunate that he IS the worst you have seen - trust me, some of those that played in the team above during that season were awful.
I saw three or four games that season - we were crap!! Was that the season we had Darren Garner in midfield? Scored a cracking goal early in the season and that was about it?

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Scott Brehaut wrote:
I saw three or four games that season - we were crap!! Was that the season we had Darren Garner in midfield? Scored a cracking goal early in the season and that was about it?
Against Lincoln. One hell of a strike, I'd forgotten about that until you mentioned it.

That goal put us 1-0 up. We then conceded two goals in stoppage time lose 2-1.

Conceding goals in stoppage time eh, the true sign of a relegation struggle
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

For some reason Darren Garner has some heroic status in my friendship group. None of us really know why.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...