WHO'S KNILL WATCHING?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

WHO'S KNILL WATCHING?

Post by nickbrod »

We are told Knill is off watching a player(s) tonight and Wednesday.
The only fixtures tonight remotely possible are Barclays U21 Premier League Cup games. Any guesses? Arsenal v Southampton? Crystal Palace v Norwich? Maybe Stoke v Reading?
Or does anybody know any different?
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Its a bit late now surely.
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

brucie wrote:Its a bit late now surely.
Its never to late. 7 teams could take the 2 spots and with 9 or 10 games left each its still wide open. Any player that can help us is welcome.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

To be honest I find this more disconserting than reassuring. Personally I think Knill was brought to the club for his 'extensive' contact book and it appears he could only pull off one of those deals. If he is now having to scout out players he hasn't come across before in his career then he has clearly missed out on a number of deals. We don't have the time to be scouting around the Premier League's youth teams. Knill's contacts should have brought in more men before now. He must be scraping the barrell.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

I'm glad he's still looking. I would imagine he has used up his contacts up north, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have any contacts down south too. From the games Nickbrod posted, I would suggest Southampton and Reading, being the closest clubs to us.

Yes, it's a shame he hasn't brought in more players but I'd rather know he's scouting players, rather than not doing anything about it.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

the bloke has been working his socks off trying to get people in believe me.
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

Yes he has contacts, but they don't promise anything. He can't ring them up before he has the job and say I would like these players please them walk into a interview. The fact that its harder than he thought but he's still trying I'm glad.

The guy is showing the right attitude we all need as a manager he's trying. Other managers could have given up and stick with what we have but the fact that he's watching players to see if anyone would help us out is great. Good on the guy
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

brucie wrote:Its a bit late now surely.

:goodpost:

He knew the problems BEFORE he accepted the job. It's now 3 weeks since he came in and nothing, yet he is happy to be predicting winning runs when we hardly ever score ( away anyway ).

I'd like to say something with a bit more anger about this than Brucie but i've given up on hoping that anyone at our club has any common sense. I'm now just passive and going to just enjoy the run in whatever happens. Who cares who he's watching? Pointless (IMO)
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Just to add that my comments aren't aimed at you Nick or your thread. I'm not saying your thread is pointless or who cares, i'm saying these things about the fact that is Knill watching players at the minute and not your thread so sorry for any confusion. I get enough of people saying pointless about my threads so i certainly didn't want to say it about anyone elses.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by nickbrod »

It's ok, I didn't take it as a criticism of me!
Although I read posts on a regular basis this week is the first time I've decided to contribute. Probably out of frustration as I want to believe we can get out of this.
For the record I'm a season ticket holder who lives 200 miles from Plainmoor. I make nearly 100% home fixtures and as many away within a reasonable travelling distance. This year is my 49th supporting the club so you can appreciate I want to believe we can remain a League club.
Perhaps this should be the basis of tonight's team talk which I started on another thread.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by nickbrod »

Any chance our manager was at one of these last night?
Arsenal 2 Southampton 0
Crystal Palace 1 Norwich 5
Spurs 4 (lad called Jack Munns scored twice) WBA 0
At least he would have seen how to score!
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

maybe he needs to watch Danny Sullivan
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

I like the idea of turning to youth RussianGull but I don't think they're ready to be thrust into the middle of a relegation battle. It could very well destroy them as footballers. The nerves of playing for a professional football club for the first time would be numbing anyway. But to do so in the midst of losing your football league status would be madness.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

Steve, I agree it is a bit risky, maybe they won't have the stomach for the great escape, but I don't understand why these players aren't coming off the bench at least.