Has the world gone nuts?

General chat about anything else goes here.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Success! I decided to fight fire with fire, went against all the medical advice I could find, and made myself an extremely hot and spicy curry. Of course, it could have been mere coincidence, but the belly-ache ceased almost immediately, as did the runs to the smallest room in the house. However, if I owned a football club, there's no way I would offer nothing but hot spicy curries to spectators. (Not so sure about the players, though.. :~D )

I shall now try to answer Alpine Joe’s confused misunderstandings (if such they be) of the issue, and I shall try to keep it simple and as short as possible, by avoiding the red herrings and side issues (such as links to the FGR owner's biography and spurious arguments regarding the digestion rates of red meat) with which he tries to hide the whole point of my original post. My time is too valuable to allow me to waste too much arguing with the likes of Alpine Joe.

Joe’s attempts to put words into my mouth in order for him to claim I am arguing against myself simply indicates he is a troll who has no real argument to offer. For example, he nonsensically claims I encouraged European bureaucrats to trample on fundamental and long-cherished rights. He confuses the use of law to force actions upon others with law which allows us to seek redress against those who would trample on fundamental and long cherished rights.

He argues that to seek such redress is to commit the offences of which we are complaining! You see how he attempts to confuse and obfuscate? Why? Because he has no real argument of his own, evidenced by the fact that he makes his points in large bold type, as if this proves the validity of his weak rhetoric. And so he relies upon attempts at ridicule and increasingly ad hominem diatribes. (And doubtless he will similarly describe my own post, since those who get caught out often accuse others of the traits they themselves possess - it’s called projection).

He also ignores the fact that Jewish and Muslim owners of football clubs do not attempt to ban the sale of ham sandwiches, pork pies, or bacon butties. Why? Because they know that, even if the law allows them to enforce such bans, ownership of a football club, unlike that of a shop selling takeaway meals, imposes greater moral duties and obligations, such as those which recognise that football clubs are not to be used to impose, however insidiously, the owner’s lifestyle and beliefs upon its staff and supporters, but rather to focus upon football success. However, it seems, according to Joe, money is power, and that trumps everything.

I would say to Joe and to the FGR owner, truth and justice trump everything, and one person’s moral rights end where those of others begin. :-D