Football Agents

General chat about anything else goes here.
leetufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Football Agents

Post by leetufc »

I am becoming quite staggered at the amount of influence and power agents are having in the game.

The recent comments from Bale's agent in Spain regarding his team-mates not passing to him enough and today Raheem Sterling's agents comments about a new contract and pundits opinions

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32830357

They all leave a sour taste in the mouth. In principal I think it is snesible for a footballer, particualrly those earning Premier League money, to have a representative to advise and negotiate, but it's becoming ridiculous with the public comments they are making.

I am not sure how much power the FA have to reign them in or punish them for comments made which 'bring the game into direpute'
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

A bit more on football agents. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32150263
Formerly known as forevertufc
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

There does generally seem to be an heir of scumbaggery about football agents. I would say though that football clubs, especially those in the UK bring it on themselves. If they were to ensure young players had a proper education and didn't encourage them to ditch education as soon as possible to concentrate on football* we may see more players negotiating their own contracts, much like Lewis Hamilton has just done, and he is earning more than all bar the very fewest highest earning footballers.

*And to be fair this does seem to be what Torquay and a few other clubs are at leasts showing a little willingness to do with college tie-ups.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084