Rovers back in the League

General chat about anything else goes here.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Lucky to win on the day and Taylor was a disgrace. Holding his head and rolling around on the floor in agony when he hadn't been touched was pathetic.
Then he got booked for diving. To be honest he embarassed himself.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

brucie wrote:Lucky to win on the day and Taylor was a disgrace. Holding his head and rolling around on the floor in agony when he hadn't been touched was pathetic.
Not sure if you saw his eye Bruice , of course. I'm not entirely sure how he got it.
TUST MEMBER No. 166

JOHNSON HAD A DREAM
TO BUILD FOOTBALL TEAM
HE HAD NO JOB SO HE CAME TO THE GULLS
WITH CAMERON AT THE BACK
AND REIDY IN ATTACK
WE'RE TORQUAY UNITED
WE'RE ON OUR WAY BACK !!
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Dave_Pougher wrote:Well done to B.Rovers and commiserations to Grimsby.
Perhaps if CH put as much effort into coaching TUFC as he does into his dress and media work we might not of finished in the bottom half of the Conference?
We might not have. But at least we did finish top of the bottom half. We're the bottom half champions.. :scarf: :~D
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Good news for us if we want to reach the play-offs next year. Bad news financially. Not sure what to feel as we have no idea what state we'll be in ourselves.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

I was invited by Paul Mansell to go up to Wembley with the family. Lee still feels an awful lot for Torquay but today he had to look after his new clubmates. despite Rovers taking over 30,000 to Wombley. they couldn't quite lift the team to go all out for a win during normal time. The team looked tired a jaded after a grueling end of season. they went behind after only two minutesa and the goal was a comedy of errors. worse than anythihng i had seen at plainmoor. But somehow Rovers managed to equalise and the game went to extra time. one thing that did impress me was the huge noise that Grimsby fans made. they actually outsang Rovers fans. who were uncharacteristically quiet the barrgage of singing. clapping and outright noise was incredible. Lee of course scored the winner and sent all the Rovers fans into raptures. the scenes outside were amazing. all in all a good day out. better then sitting at home on my own.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Glostergull »

see my post on day at Wembley on banter board where i really expected this post to be

supergulls
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by supergulls »

Well pleased for mansell he definitely made the right choice in leaving us last year and he got a pay rise, we could have done with him this year covering every blade of grass and letting Luke Young play. His experience and knowledge would have helped in there instead we had to put up with Courtney Richards who couldn't lace mansells boots.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

supergulls wrote:Well pleased for mansell he definitely made the right choice in leaving us last year and he got a pay rise, we could have done with him this year covering every blade of grass and letting Luke Young play. His experience and knowledge would have helped in there instead we had to put up with Courtney Richards who couldn't lace mansells boots.

All down to finances, we didnt have the money to keep him last season. If I were a contracted Torquay player today I would be worried about my future. Possibly making a few phone calls for backup.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

supergulls wrote:Well pleased for mansell he definitely made the right choice in leaving us last year and he got a pay rise, we could have done with him this year covering every blade of grass and letting Luke Young play. His experience and knowledge would have helped in there instead we had to put up with Courtney Richards who couldn't lace mansells boots.
Even if we had the money he hardly did anything in his last season with us to warrant a new contract.
The boy left us and has done well, good luck to him but no need to cry over spilt milk.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Glostergull wrote:see my post on day at Wembley on banter board where i really expected this post to be
You're right. This thread should be on the Banter Board forum.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Glostergull »

brucie wrote:Lucky to win on the day and Taylor was a disgrace. Holding his head and rolling around on the floor in agony when he hadn't been touched was pathetic.

Actualy Brucie your talking rubbish as usual
. I was actualy there and saw it live. He was tripped as he tried to jump past the goalkeeper. doubt the goaly really wanted to pull him down as he would know the possible penalty. but it was a penalty. I think the ref equalised it cos he didnt send off Will puddy for a clear handball. so even stevens. so dont judge when yuo were not there. I also saw the bruises on his face after too. we waited while Lees wife waited to see Her hubby but he kept getting waylaid by the press.