League restructuring

General chat about anything else goes here.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

League restructuring

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

It is no secret that the majority of lower league and indeed conference clubs are struggling, some more than others. Some are more effectively managed and operated than others and some simply have bigger crowds and more resources than others.

It is so very sad to see clubs with a great tradition and history like Hereford, Darlington, Stockport and others suffer, some even vanishing off the face of the earth.

I believe that regionalisation of leagues 1 and 2 and also the conference would reduce costs for clubs in terms of travel and hotels and would also mean bigger crowds and more away fans. There could be a north and south with 12 teams in each and the winner of each goes up automatically. The second and third placed teams from each section play off with the winners going into the play off final (north v south) where the eventual winner of that joins the other two in the league above.

Ok, but 4 teams from league 1 get relegated i hear you say. Correct. But with restructuring the leagues into regions, at the same time the leagues all have a '3 UP 3 DOWN' rule as standard. Even in the conference 3 teams go up and 3 come down from league 2. This would make things a more open playing field and wouldn't see teams who drop into the conference go out of business or go close to it. Those ex league teams like Torquay would have more of an opportunity to get promoted.

I strongly feel that the smaller teams are getting smaller and the bigger teams getting bigger and it is apparent that those who are the top of the tree don't give a shot for the tradition and history of English football. English football IS the lower leagues too and these teams should be given a fairer crack of the whip. Lower league teams are really struggling to keep their heads above water and i believe that radical restructuring is necessary to save football at the bottom end. If those at the top won't help then at least those who make the rules can make it easier for those teams with zero cash to survive.

Obviously there will always be clubs so badly run that clubs will run the risk of going bust but generally speaking i just think some clubs who have hit on hard times just need a helping hand. Many lower league clubs are heavily tied to the communities they represent and this is of great social importance and not just sporting. Communities are dying out as it is. Change is needed now IMO.

Any thoughts?

Hello.........

Hello.....

Anybody?..................

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

The only person to respond will get a big thumbs up symbol from me and perhaps even a love heart thingy! Can't say fairer. :)
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

http://www.lincolnshireecho.co.uk/Linco ... story.html

Most people think Dyke is a c=ck and the Lincoln chairman a joker. There are a whole host of lower league clubs in trouble, and relegation from the league has a habit of finishing some of them off completely, however, to many people with in the game would oppose these plans, so will never happen. Playing in a League 2 south division with current southern based League2/Conference premier clubs would help our club massively, as it would for some many others North and South .
Formerly known as forevertufc
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

forevertufc wrote:http://www.lincolnshireecho.co.uk/Linco ... story.html

Most people think Dyke is a c=ck and the Lincoln chairman a joker. There are a whole host of lower league clubs in trouble, and relegation from the league has a habit of finishing some of them off completely, however, to many people with in the game would oppose these plans, so will never happen. Playing in a League 2 south division with current southern based League2/Conference premier clubs would help our club massively, as it would for some many others North and South .
it would Dave.....

but not for the exiled fans of all clubs....
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

forevertufc wrote:http://www.lincolnshireecho.co.uk/Linco ... story.html

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

AustrianAndyGull wrote: :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
Formerly known as forevertufc