Why has the number of people posting gone down

General chat about anything else goes here.
madgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by madgull »

Gullscorer wrote: And your argument is :...?? :)
I am not arguing, I am pointing out your hypocrisy.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

He says I'm obsessed; I think he's the one who's obsessed. I already invited readers to visit the Popside Forum and judge for themselves. Yet you think I'm being hypocritical? Perhaps you confuse and conflate hypocrisy with irony.. :-/
madgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by madgull »

Gullscorer wrote:He says I'm obsessed; I think he's the one who's obsessed. I already invited readers to visit the Popside Forum and judge for themselves. Yet you think I'm being hypocritical? Perhaps you confuse and conflate hypocrisy with irony.. :-/
Noooo I mean about making sure you conduct an argument properly ;-) I'm just being mean.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

This thread refers to the whole forum and not just the Banter Board/Popside. As for our friend oop north (the manikin Beardo), carry on Sir, I for one enjoy reading your posts. :-D

I dont know what Gullstalker's problem is with women, but a clue may be found in the typo.

:engflag:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Trojan 67 wrote:This thread refers to the whole forum and not just the Banter Board/Popside.
That was one of the points I was making to your friend Beirdo, but he insisted on commenting (if that’s the right word) on this forum about my posts on the Popside.
Trojan 67 wrote:As for our friend oop north (the manikin Beardo), carry on Sir, I for one enjoy reading your posts.
The mind boggles..
Trojan 67 wrote:I dont know what Gullstalker's problem is with women, but a clue may be found in the typo.
The clue in your deliberate typo is tantamount to libel and you should be very careful when making future comments.

I have no problem with women and you know it. The problem is with feminism, as I have indicated in my Popside posts and in the links provided. If you bothered to read any of them with an open mind you would understand the difference.

There are so many bigoted ideologues, and their gullible followers among the general public, who refuse to admit the existence of the truth even if it was right in front of their faces and backed up as it is with irrefutable evidence. I’d be loath to see it confirmed that you were one of their number.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

I think it best Mick to just carry on posting as you have been and ignore the critics. You know i try to be as honest and frank as i can and that leads me to admit that some of your posts i do find pretty dull (although a lot i don't mind acknowledging that i haven't the intellectual faculty to understand them and not because they are) but all is not lost mate as some of your posts are interesting reading. ;-)

It is perhaps more important to say thankyou for at least trying to contribute to this dying star of a forum which has been slowly evaporating into the ether for many months now. Credit yourself for that. A place for fans of Tufc to discuss their love for the club yet hardly anyone seems to give a toss. Bizarre.

I also have to admit to finding Emet amusing, i can see much of myself in his posts and it's a shame you have to argue but it's good that people post otherwise there would be nothing to read.

If there is one thing i've learned Mick is that no matter how strongly you feel about an issue, if you cannot physically change it but spend half of your life trying then at some point you have to give in to acceptance of the situation as it is otherwise you make yourself poorly.

If it weren't for you and the FC United fans that have jumped on this forum of late then there would be literally nothing to read. :-D
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Andy Gurney

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

Andy, there's nothing left to read because he's bored all the decent contributors off the site. That is the point I've been trying to make for about 6 months now.
He would send Boring Boreman, the most boring person in history to self harm. I'm not as he claims, obsessed with him (maybe in his dreams) I want him to fook off so the rest of us can regain some normality!
'Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with their experience!
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

Maybe our 'spat' has driven people away, although I've had a few messages of support and I haven't personally had my own thread set up to keep me off the rest of the forum!
So, as I have no idea how to do it, how about someone setting up a poll? Who is the most boring person on the planet, myself or Gullsborer?

I will bow to the result, and never rise to reply to him again, and only post funny jokes (unlike GullsBorers efforts), whinge, moan etc about day to day stuff (unlike my nemesis's obsession with everyone knows what) and generally be an all round interesting poster (to the best of my, according to GullsBorer, limited ability)!
The gauntlet has been drawn, slapped about the face, and thrown to the ground! :slap:
Last edited by EmetEdadsBeard on 07 Feb 2015, 22:36, edited 1 time in total.
'Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with their experience!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

EmetEdadsBeard wrote:Maybe our 'spat' has driven people away, although I've had a few messages of support and I haven't personally had my own thread set up to keep me off the rest of the forum!
So, as I have no idea how to do it, how about someone setting up a pole? Who is the most boring person on the planet, myself or Gullsborer?

I will bow to the result, and never rise to reply to him again, and only post funny jokes (unlike GullsBorers efforts), whinge, moan etc about day to day stuff (unlike my nemesis's obsession with everyone knows what) and generally be an all round interesting poster (to the best of my, according to GullsBorer, limited ability)!
The gauntlet has been drawn, slapped about the face, and thrown to the ground! :slap:
I would have thought an ex teacher would know the difference between a poll and a pole :-D
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

Yes I do Dave. Mines sat watching MOTD with me as I type! :-/
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

I've changed it now I'm dancing on mine........... :whistle:
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

EmetEdadsBeard wrote:I've changed it now I'm dancing on mine........... :whistle:
I suppose you think that's funny, Em, or even a little witty..? Sorry to disappoint you, but obviously we don't share the same sense of humour.. :-/
So you were a teacher. That could explain a lot. I wonder what you taught (feminist theory?) ... :)
By the way, if you think I'm boring, there's been nothing to stop you from posting your own extremely interesting material on the forum on any subject of your choice, but you haven't bothered to do so. I'm sure everyone's waiting with eager anticipation.. :~D
:na: