THE CHARLTON MEN - WORK OF FICTION

General chat about anything else goes here.
PaulBreen
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Derek Dawkins

THE CHARLTON MEN - WORK OF FICTION

Post by PaulBreen »

Hi everyone,
My name is Paul Breen and I am an Irish writer who has recently had a book published set in London, against a football background. It's connected to Charlton Athletic football club and is entitled The Charlton Men. Here's the link on Amazon if you wish to check it out -
Basically it's a work of fiction that is not just intended for Charlton fans, or football fans at all.
I'm trying to promote the book at the present time to supporters of other clubs, and think Torquay is a good place to start since I also follow the Gulls as my lower division club and have done so since the days of Derek Dawkins, Cyril Knowles, and Lee Sharpe. I actually gave mention to those days in a recent article that I wrote on the Football Pink website which was called Down all the Divisions, and was written after a trip to the recent Dartford versus Torquay game. I have now seen Torquay playing at Barnet, Ebbsfleet, Stevenage, Dagenham, Dartford, Wimbledon, and Wembley, against Cambridge. But anyway I just added in that information so you'll know that I've a fair bit of knowledge about Torquay, or at least I did until seeing some of Chris Hargreaves' new signings with very long names!
So if you are interested in this book it's out there. Here's the link to the Football Pink article as well - I was possibly a bit critical here after watching this game. I didn't think then that the team would go on a run of several straight wins.
http://footballpink.net/2014/08/29/down ... divisions/
Hope you enjoy the article and check out the book if you are interested,
Paul Breen
Last edited by PaulBreen on 20 Sep 2014, 11:42, edited 1 time in total.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Hi there, welcome to the site.

Just a couple of things:

If you are going to advertise on the site, it would be nice to ask first. We run adverts on the site (as you can see in the side and the top and bottom banners), and people pay for the privilege. Whilst we do not normally have a problem, it would be nice to ask first.

Secondly, the second link you have provided takes us to a comment you've made about Marti Pellow, and not a link to a torquay football match....

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
PaulBreen
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Derek Dawkins

Post by PaulBreen »

Hi Scott, I have now corrected the link and can see how it could be interpreted as advertising, but I have been on here before under a different ID which I lost, so this is not my first post. Hopefully as I said fans enjoy the article.