Bristol Rovers Fan

General chat about anything else goes here.
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Bristol Rovers Fan

Post by MidDevon »

I was told by a Bristol Rovers supporter who attended their 2.1 defeat at Altrincham this afternoon, that things got very nasty after the match between a section of the Rovers supporters and the Rovers team.

One fan actually got on the team coach and started telling the players what he thought. :clap:

Of course that is a bit naughty, but my God, I bet he felt better for it.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

On the way back from a game today listening to BBC Radio Humberside and they were interviewing a Grimsby player about their poor start and he was telling of how much grief the players were getting 3 games in. If Rovers form still hasn't picked up by Christmas then by all means board the team coach and release the Kraken but until then, murmur disquiet quietly and gradually crank it up as time and shit results progress. By Christmas, get the bad santa out and give the players some presents.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by MidDevon »

some shambolic Rovers defending !

hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

But this isn't new for Rovers. If you think they had just been relegated from League 1 when Buckle went there and were massive favourites to get promoted that year, this is just continuing a spiral that has been happening for around 4 years now. They lost to a team that only gained promotion through the play-offs from the Conference North. Results like this happen but never should a club like Bristol Rovers been playing a club like Altrincham, let alone losing to them, so I understand their frustrations completely, as I doubt as a Torquay fan, I would feel that differently.

Rovers made a strange appointment in Clarke and I cannot see him lasting too long if these results continue but if you think they have had Buckle, McGhee, Ward and Clarke - all of whom met with some success as managers prior to managing them, it would suggest that they are almost unmanageable and that the problems lie elsewhere.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

hector wrote:But this isn't new for Rovers. If you think they had just been relegated from League 1 when Buckle went there and were massive favourites to get promoted that year, this is just continuing a spiral that has been happening for around 4 years now. They lost to a team that only gained promotion through the play-offs from the Conference North. Results like this happen but never should a club like Bristol Rovers been playing a club like Altrincham, let alone losing to them, so I understand their frustrations completely, as I doubt as a Torquay fan, I would feel that differently.

Rovers made a strange appointment in Clarke and I cannot see him lasting too long if these results continue but if you think they have had Buckle, McGhee, Ward and Clarke - all of whom met with some success as managers prior to managing them, it would suggest that they are almost unmanageable and that the problems lie elsewhere.
:goodpost:
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Rovers manager Darrell Clarke has dismissed fears over misfiring strikers and insists Bristol Rovers have enough firepower to get among the Vanarama Conference frontrunners this season.

Torquay United: goals for 14, against 5, goal difference +9
Bristol Rovers: goals for 6, against 8, goal difference –2

:lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

But but but... Big club... Loadsa fans... Sleeping giant... Poached our manager... Ad infinitum.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"